Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 3 - The Happyning

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

I'm physically not in the mood for work today.

At the moment I have two jobs that I will do one of every odd day. One of them is more lazy than the other.

It's Sunday, and I'm off Monday Tuesday and Wednesday, and I just wasn't arsed this morning. I even slept in.

Today I was supposed to do the more physically demanding job, but my supervisor gave me the lackadaisical job instead.

Now I can just relax for the day and listen to my podcasts.

Whisky tonight 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Just noticed that that the channel CBS Justice is showing one of my favourite TV series The Fugitive.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Buzzing around on coffee and chocolate. The crash us coming, but for now I'm a busy little bee.

madmaggie wrote: »
    Buzzing around on coffee and chocolate. The crash us coming, but for now I'm a busy little bee.

Or maybe one of those flies with a coloured bottom? :)

Ribeye steak from Higgins in Sutton tonight yum yum yum

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

Not trivial at all! My boyfriend's baby niece was born this morning!!! Can't wait to meet her :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,148 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

cj maxx wrote: »
    Seeing the progression in juniors thinking at connect 4.
    Thinking 3 moves ahead now.
    My work is paying off:)

Right we've moved on to chess !
    .His idea.
    Should have stuck to drafts but to my great shame he actually beat me, once..

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭bolgbui41

Finding things in second hand books. In the last couple of months I've found a flyer for a 2007 Fr Ted quiz in Drogheda, one from 1923 for a ferry to Oban, and a postcard sent to a Tom from a Mrs White, who was very much enjoying her trip to Venice in 1986. Today, a column from Brendan McWilliam's Weathereye cut from the Irish Times in 2004 on cartographer Gerardus Mercator (of the Mercator projection fame) in a biography of the man. This is a double TH because Weathereye was always one of my favourite parts of the Times and I have the Weathereye book that was published about McWilliam's death, but I'd never read this particular column.

I finally got my hair cut! I have extremely thick hair so I got it all thinned out and my fringe is back to normal! I feel like a new person (and also very light!!!).

My local cinema is opening again soon

• Advertisement

I was driving along earlier and spotted a guy, 30s-ish, walking along by himself - he just started grinning to himself and rubbing his hands together like he was just after hearing great news or really looking forward to something.

I couldn't help smiling - so nice to witness someone else's private moment of happiness and wonder what he was smiling about. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,038 ✭✭✭✭blade1

I was driving along earlier and spotted a guy, 30s-ish, walking along by himself - he just started grinning to himself and rubbing his hands together like he was just after hearing great news or really looking forward to something.

I couldn't help smiling - so nice to witness someone else's private moment of happiness and wonder what he was smiling about. :D

That's like when you pass someone and they are on their own but thinking of something funny and they are trying to hold in a laugh.
    Always makes me laugh.

Or If someone on TV gets a fit of laughing, I start laughing as well.
    Easily amused :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭bitofabind

A friend sent me flowers just because. I love my friends.

More like a weight off my shoulders than a TH as further easing of restrictions on Nursing Home visits come into place.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,974 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Housemate was having a justified meltdown about something at work, he was rightly obsessed by this as it potentially has a huge knock on affect.

I've been trying to talk him down for over a week now, one call to citizen advice, told him everything he needs to know and all of its variations, alongside the benefit of taking it out with a stranger, Peace restored and at min cost as well!

TH but not trivial, the accessibility, cost and rapid response of the CIC.

A woman approached me this morning in a right state.
    She was distraught and crying.
    Took about 3-4 minutes for me to resolve the issue which she said she had been all over the place all morning trying to sort.

It was good to see the panic disappear from her before we went our separate ways.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

I was supposed to be off tomorrow but the owner of the place I work in got the rosters all messed up (she skipped the 31st and had us all off on Friday on the "1st of August") and so far nobody has accepted the call to come in to work tomorrow.

My own boss rang me this afternoon and asked if I could come in tomorrow, and I'm the only one that said yes. She called me an "absolute gentleman" over the phone.

Now I can't fit my head through the door ^_^

The baby came home today and I was minding her older brothers so I was first to meet her :D I got to hold her for an hour and she was so snuggly and cute. Babies are adorable!!!!

Long bank holiday weekend coming up

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

My neighbour brought her 3 year old girl for a visit today. Little lady wanted to see "the wegtibble garden". The way she said it was so cute. She went home with a bag of tomatoes, to tell Daddy all about it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The Crazy Cat Lady

not very trivial, but getting up myself in the mornings without being called, as someone who isn't a morning person and who struggles to sleep, this is a big achievement for me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,941 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

not very trivial, but getting up myself in the mornings without being called, as someone who isn't a morning person and who struggles to sleep, this is a big achievement for me :D

I'm not a morning person either so I totally get that.

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 13,148 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Watching a repeat of the 05 CL final and the commentator says
    " No way can Liverpool afford to go 2 down"
    Ha ha ha !
    Hindsight is wonderful :)

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

Arsenal winning the FA Cup :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 40,060 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Lucy Worsley is on my tv

Lucy Worsley is on my tv

Well, ain’t that a coincidence because I just watched her myself and thought how completely engaging she is. She’s clearly very knowledgeable, but also has a nice self deprecating aspect - “I like to dress up”, she said as she appeared in a Gone With The Wind outfit.

Made me smile.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,803 ✭✭✭gifted

Made rhubarb crumble and freshly whipped cream infused with some of the rhubarb syrup that was left over after cooking it....also made chocolate mousse pots with some of the cream as well.......I'm stuffed ..oink oink...lol lol

Going out on a spin earlier on today

Just watched The Ballad of Buster Scruggs on Netflix.
    Great show!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭dennyire

Bredabe wrote: »
    Housemate was having a justified meltdown about something at work, he was rightly obsessed by this as it potentially has a huge knock on affect.

I've been trying to talk him down for over a week now, one call to citizen advice, told him everything he needs to know and all of its variations, alongside the benefit of taking it out with a stranger, Peace restored and at min cost as well!

TH but not trivial, the accessibility, cost and rapid response of the CIC.

Another shout out for Citizens Information
    Mainly volunteers with some full time staff abd during lockdown full time staff handling telephone enquiries . They know their stuff

Advertisement