Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

I don't know where we're going, but it can only be 5K away

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,818 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

What books are you reading?I'm desperate for something more than shop manuals.

I bought two yesterday (charity shop) , one John Connolly The Lovers , the other Michael Connolly The Scarecrow . I must look at what's in the box in the room , any specific genre you read IAN ?

ETA,
    Apologies , wrong name :o

Stuck to the bed mid clean. Friends are coming over later. I have my Whispering Angel chilling in the fridge. Might have glass now to wash down my nurofen plus :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 726 ✭✭✭I Am Nobody

Persepoly wrote: »
    Stuck to the bed mid clean. Friends are coming over later. I have my Whispering Angel chilling in the fridge. Might have glass now to wash down my nurofen plus :D

Ah go on.I find in my own circumstance a bit of alcohol and prescriptions works well.But can I ask how you developed dry socket?I had my wisdom teeth pulled years ago and the dentist told me to pack my gums before using a straw. Worked wonders.

The only antibiotics that you really shouldn't drink with are Flagyl Perse and they are often prescribed for dental issues, just a heads up because it's a lethal combination, otherwise enjoy your night. 😉

• Closed Accounts Posts: 726 ✭✭✭I Am Nobody

I am out,I hope your evening goes well for you.Tomorrow is a new day!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

The only antibiotics that you really shouldn't drink with are Flagyl Perse and they are often prescribed for dental issues, just a heads up because it's a lethal combination, otherwise enjoy your night. 😉

Augmentin and alcohol ia also a very bad idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Cant believe what a gob****e thing your bf has done, Phoenix.
    Have you travelled abroad to be with him?

Hope it works out.

Fireside. Dispensing treats to the dog.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,990 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Like Mak, we did a family early bird this evening.
    I was nervous about going out but I love doing meals out every so often as I don't spend money on booze.
    It was a gastropub, really well run. Social distancing was observed, plenty of room between tables. Noone was there for the drinking, everyone was having full meals.
    Really glad we made the break out now and the food was top notch.
    Perse, at the risk of sounding like your mother, I'd be reluctant to mix the drugs and the alcohol. Especially with the pain you're in.
    Mam, I saw a woman interviewed on Elaine yesterday about her new book Unfiltered. She's Irish. Sounds really light and funny.

To thine own self be true

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭This time with style

Okay I admit it. It is I. I was going to try and stay anonymous this time ( for my own reasons ) but I reckon it's impossible on this thread. My posting style will probably give me away plus ye're too cute the lot of ye! :D I actually thought a music head might have figured me out as my last name and current name are linked. If you could do it all again, this time with style is a line from a song I really like called Dawn chorus from an album I really like called Anima by Thom Yorke.

Anyways sorry for spoofing last night. Peace out. Le wankface.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭This time with style

Phoenix I'm sorry that happened to you. That's very poor form from yer man.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,190 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Standing in the queue outside Dooly's chipper in Tramore waiting to order fish n chips

• Registered Users Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Really sorry to hear that Phoenix, feel free to PM if you're looking for a chat off-thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,990 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Phoenix, it's time for a brutally honest chat with himself.
    He has to give you a straight answer after you upping and leaving for him.

To thine own self be true

Aww , welcome back TTWS , more tunes please :p

Purple Mountain , thank you , will try find out who it is . Sounds like ye had a lovely meal out , glad ye enjoyed :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Aww , welcome back TTWS , more tunes please :p

Purple Mountain , thank you , will try find out who it is . Sounds like ye had a lovely meal out , glad ye enjoyed :)

It's by Sophie White Mam, could be entertaining

• Registered Users Posts: 16,313 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Phoenix32 wrote: »
    I travelled 12 hours yesterday to move in with my boyfriend even though I have CF and I'm at risk. Today he tells me he's not sure he wants to live me. It's not a total surprise but I am utterly heartbroken and devastated. I'm a total fool.
    Want us to slap the head off him?

That fact that he let you travel while you're high risk, then tells you he's not sure tells you what he's like. Don't tolerate that nonsense, get yourself back home. The fcuking cheek of him!

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Isn't that what the 'Low' setting on most vibrators is called?

I'm in the house. Waiting for pizza. Now.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Isn't that what the 'Low' setting on most vibrators is called?

I'm in the house. Waiting for pizza. Now.

How are you so experienced with them Boom?

Ah go on.I find in my own circumstance a bit of alcohol and prescriptions works well.But can I ask how you developed dry socket?I had my wisdom teeth pulled years ago and the dentist told me to pack my gums before using a straw. Worked wonders.

This last week has seen me become quite cavalier with painkillers. Usually I follow the instructions exactly but with the pain I couldn't be waiting 8 or even 5 hours. Think I'm on the home stretch now though.

Haven't a notion how I got a dry socket I Am but I did notice it hardly bled after the extraction.

@Purple, I do love to be mammied :D I'll be ok though.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    How are you so experienced with them Boom?

I'm not the ultimate pleasure machine that people thing I am, sometimes the stunt double has to come in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,313 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    I'm not the ultimate pleasure machine that people thing I am, sometimes the stunt double has to come in.

Who doesn't love pizza? :D

At home chilling like a villain

Buzzing for tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭Phoenix32

Thank you everyone for being so kind to me. It's not the first time he's let me down but I asked repeatedly was he sure up until the moment I left Cork and he insisted he was. Should have listened to my gut but I didn't think he'd be this cruel. Anyway I kicked him out and he came back saying he wasn't feeling well. Asked me to book him two taxis and then got me to cancel. Now he's in bed. The only reason I'm putting up with this sh1t is that I'm alone in this country and I feel very fragile and don't fully trust myself on my own. I talked to my ex and she told me to fly to her and have a visit and see my cat so I'll try to sort that for Monday.

Glad to see you back Bones! :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Ugh, i can understand a dose of cold feet but ffs, he needs a sitting down.. In a cage.. With a honeybadger :P

Ugh, i can understand a dose of cold feet but ffs, he needs a sitting down.. In a cage.. With a honeybadger :P

Those Honeybadgers are funny , crazy ferocious little beasts ,
    Jeff2 used to post brilliant video clips of them in The Diary Room !

They look like a maybe but are a whole pile of nope

• Registered Users Posts: 22,221 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Right We’ll get Smurf to fly us over to you and we’ll show idiot you don’t mess with one of us :)

Couchside

They look like a maybe but are a whole pile of nope

Cute and funny , then vicious in the blink of an eye ,

Great choice of animal to lock someone up with btw , far better than pigs .

Pigs to vanish people, honeybadgers to 'convince' people ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

Its super pub saturday here in england and im having a wild time - browsing boards and having a cup of tea dont try and stop me

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement