Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things Cat Trialvilly Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP*

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

People posting in Missing Persons threads with the words SAFE and WELL unless the person has been located.

Just share the fcuking thing and move on.

When I scan through a missing person thread and see "hope they safe and well" or "praying they're found safe and well" my little brain wholesomely celebrates for a split second and I don't even know the person.

I can't imagine how frustrating it must be for people who actually have a connection to the one who is missing.

/Rant.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭ArnoldJRimmer

TA'd that I left my waiter's friend corkscrew behind when I moved out of the marital home and I have a really nice rose here that has a proper cork...

Going back to my student days, but get yourself a pint glass, and push the cork in with the butt of a knife. Once you get a tiny opening, turn the bottle upside down towards the pint glass. It'll come out with a trickle at first, but keep repeating until there is enough room in the bottle for the cork to go all the way through. Turn over again, and voila, lovely pint of wine

• Registered Users Posts: 7,158 ✭✭✭facehugger99

People who let dogs lick their faces.

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭js35

TA’d that I live in a small enough estate and at least a third of the kids are out mixing with each other

• Registered Users Posts: 24,693 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Dogs who let people lick their faces.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,687 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Morons who take ownership of age old recipes.

"Can't wait for dinner tonight, the wife is making her spaghetti bolognese".

No she's not.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

"Signature dish"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

"Signature dish"

"Deconstructed" food.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,763 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

TA'd that I'm working again with the machine, someone who can just churn out repetitive work while I struggle to keep my brain turned on. It's additional work, which we should never have to do, and as it's admin/repetitive, I can't do it. I just can't. I'll do what I can but have to stop or I'll make (money costing) mistakes. It's not what I was hired for (my job requires thinking) and I said as much in the interview that I'm not cut out for admin/repetitive work, and was promised there wouldn't be any and that my job would always require thinking as the repetitive stuff is not within my role. Which it did, up to now. We won't be doing anything like it once this is all over, and we even had to 'self train' on a new system so we could complete this. And it's all numbers, and it's not numerically ordered!!!

Meanwhile she's doing 4-5 times more than anyone else. And I just can't.

TA'd that that makes me sound like a 'smarter than you' type, when i'm not!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,144 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

pinkyeye wrote: »
    How do you do that? That's a handy skill to know??

Brute force really. Put the bottle on the ground and push the cork into the bottle using an implement like the end of a wooden spoon or similar

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Or use a normal screw, leave about a quarter out, and use a strong fork or pliers or one of those hammers with the "nose" to remove nails to leverage it out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Don’t have a problem with this because they let me lick their faces too :D
    In regards to the cork, if you have a screw to screw into the cork, you can pull it out with a fork.

My TA I’ve been snoozing all day and now I’m raring to go

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭lucalux

In those no corkscrew situations I always use the winebottle/shoe method.. a bit scary to try at firat but works nicely.

Too hard to explain here so google is the answer, but it pops the cork out cleanly

Forgot which thread I'm on..my TA is that I can't concentrate on anything I start watching. Have started so many films and series of late, very few keeping me interested

• Registered Users Posts: 13,144 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

New thread, Ahhh new thread smell......ya'll know the rules by now ;), post Ta or gtfo

Old thread here

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057986937

Ta'd at stubbing my toe :'(

I'm guessing it was you that changed the thread title :)

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Licking faces is out, but you're a fan of hugging them.

TA, gotta get back in work mode now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭Wayne Jarvis

People who lack loyalty to those who have helped them. I cannot stand that personality trait in people. T's the feckin' A out of me so it does.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,630 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

After they have finished licking their balls and bunghole.
    The dogs, that is.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Guy Person wrote: »
    People who lack loyalty to those who have helped them. I cannot stand that personality trait in people. T's the feckin' A out of me so it does.

I heard a lot of moaning from my old class about how hard their final assignment is.

I had just read a how to do x, by a well known academic. This laysout exactly how to do a 1.1 level assessment.

Despite my better judgement, I passed on the paper, not a single thank you from any of them.

Ta'ed I cant shake the feeling that they are not reading it cause it came from me.

TA small signs you're human and not invincible...like tiredness or soreness.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭s1ippy

TA at an post, deliveries being delayed :(
    €75 worth of rare vinyl I finally sourced through discogs is after "going missing" in the post this week. Left the depot but never arrived at my house. Apparently I'm financially responsible because the postman robbed my stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,251 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

But it's okay for you to clamp onto their head and go ass to mouth to plant an egg?!:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,663 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

18 year old posts constantly popping up!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

Some article about teachers "resisting" facilitating state exams being postponed because they will have to work two weeks. I don't know the finer politics of the situation in fairness but hello - there is a worldwide pandemic, people dying alone because loved ones are not allowed near, people meeting grandchildren for the first time through windows, medics and services staff risking their lives every day, entire slums of people in developing countries living on top of each other and at serious risk of annihilation from this disease, who won't even be counted among the dead because they are not counted among the living - you still have jobs, you have jobs to return to, you're not being asked to support a family on 350 a week, and you have a livelihood to return to - but you are willing to screw over the LC students because you don't want to work for 2 weeks during your "summer holidays" - who even knows what "summer holidays" are any more these days.

Ta phantom smells.

My Barbie swimming pool playset from when I was 8.

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    Licking faces is out, but you're a fan of hugging them.

TA, gotta get back in work mode now.

Is kicking faces allowed?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Is kicking faces allowed?

Almost replied to this with “I wish it was, I miss my fella”. TA’d at my poor speed-reading at times :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Guy Person wrote: »

Hmm I understand why this is annoying but helping someone doesn’t give someone a free pass to be an absolute dick. I’ve had friends who helped me in one of the worst moments of my life however would remind me constantly I had no family and would suggest I could not have a traditional wedding, or should not meet a partners family as I could not bring the same to the (top) table. Loyalty is a two way street and one good turn doesn’t mean your street is a cul de sac... hope that makes sense.

My Ta is trying to time everything at dinner. I usually have to bung it in the microwave before I eat it and I hate having to do that

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,269 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

I arranged a call for a client today which required 2 people I work with to go into the office (they are both working from home) to join the call. Client never called and contacted me afterwards saying they were too busy and could I rearrange for later in the week.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,827 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Netflix's buffering on 99% for ages , piece of crap 😡

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

I’m lucky that I live within 2k of a park and a pitch. The pitch people were very nice and opened up the grounds for us to walk the doggies while there’s no sport taking place but some people are literally taking the piss. They didn’t explicitly ask it but my god, who doesn’t know to pick up your dog ****e in this day and age. I’ve a sneaky suspicion some people are coming from outside the 2k radius as well. A lot of faces I’ve never seen.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement