Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The ick factor during menstruation

• 13-09-2018 1:16pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 409 ✭✭

Is this phenomenon in fact real when mate searching for women?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,106 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

er what?

Sure.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

It's the bear attacks that are the problem

• Registered Users Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

Painters In?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Plumber will sort her right out for ya

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,418 ✭✭✭✭Alun

• Registered Users Posts: 5,745 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

My first date question is always about the elevator doors opening in The Shining.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,975 ✭✭✭optogirl

Mate searching? You old romantic you. Not sure what ick factor you're referring to but I am intrigued.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,601 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

If this was a real question:

There is plenty of research showing that women attract more men when they are ovulating.
    Even if they don't know it themselves, some part of the animal brain in men detects a fertile female and responds. Probably smell, even if completely subliminal.

So there may be a corresponding "nothing doing here" signal emanating from women during their menses; "No potential for breeding right now, look elsewhere!"

Nothing "ick" about it in my opinion, (given some basic hygiene) just simple mammalian biology.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

You tell us, mate.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 409 ✭✭Sassygirl1999

Day Lewin wrote: »

There is plenty of research showing that women attract more men when they are ovulating.
    Even if they don't know it themselves, some part of the animal brain in men detects a fertile female and responds. Probably smell, even if completely subliminal.

So there may be a corresponding "nothing doing here" signal emanating from women during their menses; "No potential for breeding right now, look elsewhere!"

Nothing "ick" about it in my opinion, (given some basic hygiene) just simple mammalian biology.

Actually the question is regarding women's whimsy during this time are women more fickle against the unsexy partner during the communist days

• Registered Users Posts: 2,975 ✭✭✭optogirl

Actually the question is regarding women's whimsy during this time are women more fickle against the unsexy partner during the communist days

I'm not sure what 'fickle against the unsexy partner' means?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

Day Lewin wrote: »

Yeah but I ovulate 2 weeks before shark week.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

LirW wrote: »
    Yeah but I ovulate 2 weeks before shark week.

Ooh look at me, getting shít done and whatnot.

Some of us leave it till the last minute.

In fact i'm 44 and I haven't ovulated yet....but then I am a bloke so that probably has something to do with it, who knows how this shít works!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

Ooh look at me, getting shít done and whatnot.

Some of us leave it till the last minute.

In fact i'm 44 and I haven't ovulated yet....but then I am a bloke so that probably has something to do with it, who knows how this shít works!

It's not that you miss out on some life-changing experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,434 ✭✭✭✭banie01

WTF does communism have to do with menstruation?

Is the question do Fella's get turned off when there is blood on the floor?
    Or is it?
    Are women randier when on the blob?

I'm confused to say the least!

Boom_Bap wrote: »

I thought it was shark attacks?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

Grayson wrote: »
    Boom_Bap wrote: »

I thought it was shark attacks?

The sharks attract the bears, duh

banie01 wrote: »

They're flying the red flag.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,174 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

In one's humble experience the "form" while Aunt Flo is visiting can range from slight moodiness and silently glaring at Coronation Street, to the full Alien Big-Bitch, occasionally featuring uncontrollable bawling for no apparent reason - "You're horrible! Why are you horrible? Why am I horrible?!? UUUUHHAAAAAAAAGGGHHHH!!!!!" :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,667 ✭✭✭Hector Bellend

"whats the plural of pussy?"

"pussii"

Jimmy McNulty from the wire was a modern philosopher

Limechime wrote: »
    A woman is most likely to cheat on her husband/boyfriend while she is ovulating. It's during those few days when she desires masculine men.

the premise of the OP is that the corollary you mention is untrue

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

"Thanks for spoiling me yesterday, sorry I was so cranky at you"

"Ah that's ok, you weren't that cranky"

"DON'T YOU FCUKING CONTRADICT ME!!!"

banie01 wrote: »

Is the question do Fella's get turned off when there is blood on the floor?
    Or is it?
    Are women randier when on the blob?

I'm confused to say the least!

The Communist Invasion, surfing the crimson wave, waking up on the Japanese Flag, canoeing over Satans Waterfall, entertaining one's Aunt, Shark Week, Dolmio Days, Munster on the Pitch....all the same thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,199 ✭✭✭troyzer

Munster are playing at home it seems.

Are you sure you're a sassy Girl? Ovulation is before menstruation - the communist invasion - by about two weeks. It's not a concurrent thing.

Candie wrote: »
    Are you sure you're a sassy Girl? Ovulation is before menstruation - the communist invasion - by about two weeks. It's not a concurrent thing.

To be fair she sounded a bit like google translating Chinese to english.

Grayson wrote: »
    To be fair she sounded a bit like google translating Chinese to english.

Is this communist too sexy for my sister?

Candie wrote: »

In lay mans terms - women are more likely to cheat during the crimson tide cos they are disgusted by their ugly partner which is the opposite of the normal accepted theory

• Advertisement

In lay mans terms - women are more likely to cheat during the crimson tide cos they are disgusted by their ugly partner which is the opposite of the normal accepted theory

Where does the ick come into it, that's what I want to know.

Advertisement