Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jingle Bells 5k December 1st 2012

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭shels4ever

tunney wrote: »
    Anyone got a link to a Garmin Connect file for last years Jingle Bells 5k?
    should be here, but garmin connect seems to be a bit crap today.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=78609243&postcount=151

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

shels4ever wrote: »
    should be here, but garmin connect seems to be a bit crap today.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=78609243&postcount=151

Cheers - they have a scheduled maintenance window

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,200 ✭✭✭G-Money

Is this race going ahead this year? For some reason I have the idea in my head that it's cancelled for this year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭tang1

G-Money wrote: »
    Is this race going ahead this year? For some reason I have the idea in my head that it's cancelled for this year.

Its on the Athletics Ireland fixtures list for the 1st of December. No link on Donore Harriers website for entry yet though.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

AFAIK, weather permitting, this race is definitely going ahead. Jingle bells gets the big numbers so shouldn't run into the problems that the summer race did.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,200 ✭✭✭G-Money

AFAIK, weather permitting, this race is definitely going ahead. Jingle bells gets the big numbers so shouldn't run into the problems that the summer race did.

Ah ok, that rings a bell alright (pun intended). I was thinking there was some race that had been cancelled and I think it was the Summer 5k.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,078 ✭✭✭Bambaata

Here's mine from last year - http://connect.garmin.com/activity/132342663

• Registered Users Posts: 4,078 ✭✭✭Bambaata

Woops i see this is an old thread!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

That's the route they used in 2010 (when ice ruled out the older route). Pretty fast, I think, with a net downhill, but you'd want to have someone to hide behind if the wind on Chesterfield is against you...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34 Donore Harriers

It's actually the course which has been used for the last 2 years since the snow and ice of 2010 as RayCun correctly points out. Seems to have got favourable reviews.

Entries are open as of last week, link within the following page: http://www.donoreharriers.com/home_nav_9.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭thirstywork2

Looks like a fast course.Hopefully it gets well suported by other clubs.

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭The_Boy_Wonder

Not long to go before this one. I've signed up for this and will be hoping to go sub 20 for the first time. With a net downhill I'm hoping to crack it this time

I wonder will numbers be down on previous years with the availability of the 5k each weekend with the Parkrun in Malahide.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,686 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

Doing this too, the first time I will have raced a 5k since Dunore 2011

I just also went mad on the facebook "invite" feature - should be on commission :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭digger2d2

Doing this too, the first time I will have raced a 5k since Dunore 2011 :)

What's the target vagga? Myself and CL are signed up

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭BenMicheal

Signed up for it today! Cant wait!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,819 ✭✭✭✭g'em

I've signed up for this too. Be sure to wave to me as you all zoom by me :D

I'll be spending lots of next friday preparing food stuffs for this - there'll be 'special' ones for digger

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭TRR

I'll be spending lots of next friday preparing food stuffs for this - there'll be 'special' ones for digger

Theres a proposition if I ever heard one :)

TRR wrote: »

I'm letting the dog make his ones.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,686 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

What's the target vagga?
    Not been killing myself training since marathon season by a long shot, so not expecting anything massive, but would be nice to get 20.59 or something - but thats a bit rich based on my few weeks of 3 to 4 days a week of plodding :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭digger2d2

TRR wrote: »

So many comebacks but not one of them is appropriate ;)

[QUOTE=I wonder will numbers be down on previous years with the availability of the 5k each weekend with the Parkrun in Malahide.[/QUOTE]

Numbers are actually so far ahead of previous years so we are expecting a big crowd!! Thanks all who have entered so far.

Online entry is available up until November 29th but if you want to receive your number in the post you need to enter by end of day tomorrow, November 23rd. Otherwise you will have to collect your number on the morning of the race between 8.30 am and 10.30 am or on the evening before. There is also be registration on the morning of the race but we are limited to 1,500 and we cannot guarantee that on the day registration will be available if our limit is reached before then.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭theduke1

Numbers are actually so far ahead of previous years so we are expecting a big crowd!! Thanks all who have entered so far.

Online entry is available up until November 29th but if you want to receive your number in the post you need to enter by end of day tomorrow, November 23rd. Otherwise you will have to collect your number on the morning of the race between 8.30 am and 10.30 am or on the evening before. There is also be registration on the morning of the race but we are limited to 1,500 and we cannot guarantee that on the day registration will be available if our limit is reached before then.

hi just received post from debra ireland regarding jingle bell race ,would i be right in saying that i still have to receive my number fron donore harriers at a later stage?
    cheers

theduke1 wrote: »
    hi just received post from debra ireland regarding jingle bell race ,would i be right in saying that i still have to receive my number fron donore harriers at a later stage?
    cheers

Yes. Numbers haven't been posted out yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭theduke1

Yes. Numbers haven't been posted out yet.

cheers rq

theduke1 wrote: »
    cheers rq

Cheers Indeed RQ.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭greenb

Anyone received their number for this yet. I haven't had anything from either Debra or donore. Should I have by this stage?

greenb wrote: »
    Anyone received their number for this yet. I haven't had anything from either Debra or donore. Should I have by this stage?

Hi greenb,

We posted out numbers today so they should be with participants by latest Wednesday.

• Advertisement

Further to that last post, a reminder that online entry is still available up until Thursday Nov 29th with number collection available on the eve of the race Nov 30th and the morning of the race from 8.30am - 10.30 am. There is also on the day registration provided we haven't reached 1500 entries by then. Entry numbers are strong to date.

Advertisement