Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Heavy Rainfall (Orange) Warning for Kerry, Cork, Tipp & Waterford - Tues 23 Feb

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Gone all quiet again, was just a passing squall.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,392 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Overnight was nothing compared to the wind this morning

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Wind still gusting above 90kmh here in Arklow
    Unusually noisy for during the working day
    Those are storm 10 gusts SSW

Quite a few power outages I see on the ESB app

• Registered Users Posts: 5,873 ✭✭✭Storm 10

Round 2 coming in now as if we did not have enough already

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

After getting dark again and moderate rainfall here in Tralee.

https://twitter.com/countykerry/status/1364186332248100864?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 3,033 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

Oneiric 3 wrote: »
    Closing in on 17mm here. Mostly dense drizzle but the odd heavier burst now and again. 20 knot wind. Bog standard stuff really.

Drove around Salthill earlier while the tide was out, rough seas with a constant car wash type spray, just one swimmer spotted and one Darwin nominee on the diving board. Very low visibility across the bay.
    All calm here now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,456 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

After getting dark again and moderate rainfall here in Tralee.

https://twitter.com/countykerry/status/1364186332248100864?s=19

I've had 40mm just outside tralee since midnight

• Registered Users Posts: 6,877 ✭✭✭pauldry

Rainfall so far

Valentia 34mm
    Cork 32mm
    Sherkin 28mm
    Belmullet 21mm
    Roches Pt 18mm

• Registered Users Posts: 5,849 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

Event for me in Cobh is 18mm too, nice to calibrate my new weather station vs. Roches Point!

Interesting too a 14mm difference in those 20km between Roches Point and Cork Airport.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Near 28mm in my part of the suburbs! As the crow flies, not too far from the Airport though!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

• Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭Kunta Kinte

igCorcaigh wrote: »

The Kingsley Hotel could be at flood risk again then if this continues for several more hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭KanyeSouthEast

Is there a risk there could be ninja snow (as I believe the term is on this forum) out of tonight’s rain

I ask as a girl I know who works in a local shop said she feels snow in her bones and thinks we will get a dump of it tonight - everyone in shop took heed as she’s been right in the past when met eireann got it wrong

Has she any other predictions going on feeling it in her bones? I’d love to know what she got so right that ME got so wrong!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Wind here has been horrible here in Meath but the rain hasn't been that bad. Can't wait for this muck to be over.

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭weatherfiend

Gonzo wrote: »
    Wind here has been horrible here in Meath but the rain hasn't been that bad. Can't wait for this muck to be over.

Sick, sick, sick of it!! Lashing D18 all morning. Got soaked on my power walk

Gonzo wrote: »

Very wet down here
    Not as windy but still gusting above 60
    Driving rain
    Horrible is right

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭Tyrone212

Very intense squall line around 11.30 today. Was brief but very intense rainfall.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,701 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Wind has eased in Dublin 16 but getting sporadic burst of heavy rain.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Killarney has seen 64.7mm since 7pm yesterday

https://twitter.com/CarlowWeather/status/1364220962061897729?s=20

• Registered Users Posts: 5,849 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

Just shy of 23mm in Cobh so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,105 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Rain was light most of this morning and gone for the last 2 hours, very clammy and humid out, blue skies arriving now, sun is out. 11.9°c and 97% humidity. West Clare. 32.4mm event total.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,089 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

Sick, sick, sick of it!! Lashing D18 all morning. Got soaked on my power walk

Yeah but you probably had all the gear on, the shiny shorts, flourescent top, goggles, helmet, water bottle, boney arse.....Oh hang on that's the cyclists.

God be with the days when a fella hopped up on a push bike and rode 20 miles to a hurling match and probably smoked 7 or 8 fags on the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭OneEightSeven

I spent the last hour and 20 minutes mending my fences in my neighbour's cat shíte-ridden garden. Had to be done or my dog will get into their garden and won't be able to jump back in.

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭kopfan77

County Limerick must have been bordering on an Orange warning for rain - I don't recall rain like this here for a long time...non stop since yesterday evening and it really doesn't look like clearing anytime soon!

Constant stream of rain it looks like in Cork City on the radar. About 30 mm so far since midnight and it not finished yet. On top of the 10/15mm yesterday and the totally soaked fields since last weeks rain, lots of flooding about..

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

Not as wet at feared in south mayo
    Bright breezy but feeling mild now
    Not bad out!

roll on the end of the week

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭P.lane78

Just wondering ...why wasn't this system named.

Advertisement