Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Strong Winds - Sunday/Monday Feb 14th/15th.

Comments

Gust of 77.7kmh here near Arklow
    Raining
    Vile

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

AuntySnow wrote: »
    Gust of 77.7kmh here near Arklow
    Raining
    Vile

Not pleasant or conducive to intentional weather- watching...

West Mayo offshore

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭pad199207

Very very strong winds in Kildare now. Garden getting a battering

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭corsav6

Good strong gusts here outside Newport, Mayo. The rain is horrible, just hammering against the windows.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭speckle

Anybody know why there is a huge area down the southwest in munster with no wind speeds on the chart... have they all been blown over?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,244 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Absolutely bucketing down in Cork :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,849 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

If its any consolation, it has now been nine days since there has been even a minutes worth of sun in Cork. Its absolutely mind numbing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭adocholiday

Anyone know roughly what time this system should be clearing the east coast at?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,058 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

Nothing untoward here in Galway, a moderate breeze at best. Far more interesting is that the temp is closing in on 13 degrees!

New Moon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭Donegal Ken

There's no weather down there today its been canceled

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭corsav6

Really picking up here in West Mayo, some seriously strong gusts. My weather station is out of action so cannot get any readings.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

another miserable day in Meath. Could really do with a few weeks of shutting off the Atlantic and lots of dry outdoor weather.

Belmullet gusting 61 knots (113 km/h) @ 11am

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭daydorunrun

This weather would give you a tooth ache...............and an urge to make an appointment at Playa De Las Americas Dental centre!

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try.” Homer.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,974 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

I said earlier that it seemed to be dying down in North Donegal, but its got a bit more blustery in the last hour or so.

Some strong gusts.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,437 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

A miserable day in cork city. My cat normally will go out in most kinds of weather but even he decided being inside was the best course of action.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭Hooter23

I think we will notice Monday nights wind more than todays...when there is a warning put out nothing happens and when theres no warning we are blown away..thats the usual story anyway

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    A miserable day in cork city. My cat normally will go out in most kinds of weather but even he decided being inside was the best course of action.

One here in Castlebar thinking the same

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Paso Fino

Winds are 25kts at Dublin with 35kt gusts

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,812 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Strongest winds nearly gone through here near Tralee it seems, gusting up to 77 km/h from the S, blustery but brightened up after the heavy rain passed, every window in the house open airing the place, feels very mild at 12.4C, Spring like with the extra light as we move into Feb. Will see how strong it gets in the W later, I see 112 km/h in Belmullet already.

Tallies with outside my East Galway window. Just had a noisy blast of wind, reminded me of bad storms past.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭Cw85

There's been named storms that haven't even been this bad, Carlow Town.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭littlema

Jeepers...... The wind is pure mad and the rain is torrential this past 5 mins..... Must be some squall line passing.
    Miserable.
    Not a hope of a walk yet.
    S Sligo. 150masl.
    :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭Hooter23

Hooter23 wrote: »
    I think we will notice Monday nights wind more than todays...when there is a warning put out nothing happens and when theres no warning we are blown away..thats the usual story anyway

Looking at the most recent charts Monday night looks like nothing also

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

The sun has appeared in cork city!! It’s been nine days since we last had sunshine!

Still windy as heck though

• Registered Users Posts: 6,876 ✭✭✭pauldry

Wind has arrived. Snowmen nearly dead.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Drum Maigh Eo

Wild here since 11am. Peak gust reading from my anemometer 119 km/h.
    Central Mayo, 150M ASL

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Drum Maigh Eo

Wild here since 11am. Peak gust reading from my anemometer 119 km/h.
    Central Mayo, 150M ASL

Advertisement