Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Salou - wheres the best place to stay??

• 09-04-2011 4:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭

So, we're looking at places to go for a week next month and Salou is on the cards - wheres the best place to stay??

We want somewhere where you can walk easily to the centre of things (pubs, shops, restaurants) and the beach - wheres the best place to stay?

Hoping to book with alpharooms.ie

I see that you can also book your flights with alpharooms - are they ok for this, or are you better booking your flights yourself??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

Went to Salou in 2009 for a week with a few lads, we stayed in the (now called) Medplaya Piramide Salou. It was under different management up to last year but I'd imagine it's still the same as when we were there.

Rooms are big, clean, air conditioned (believe me, you will need it!) and it's nice and quiet. Five minute stroll to the main street area and beach, which is where pretty much all of the pubs, bars and restaurants are located. Pool is quite good, there's a seperate children's pool and there were games organised most day in the main pool. Food was good, breakfast has the usual Irish/English breakfast as well as the more continental oriented breakfast option. We still ate out most days though.

Port Aventura theme park is a ten minute taxi trip from the hotel. If you're planning on visiting here, you'll need to take the entire day, there's a lot to do and it can be very busy. The water park next to it is also quite good. Plenty to do on the beach too - pedal boats, banana boats and jet skis (VERY expensive!) El Toro steakhouse along the front promenade is a must visit - they do an unbelievable steak and some damn good vegitarian options too!

Nightlife is good, plenty of bars with live music although if you're into clubbing it tends not to kick off until after midnight as clubs stay open until 6am.

See what alpharooms are quoting you for flights, then check with Ryanair and Aer Lingus to see what they're looking for. We booked flights directly with Ryanair and the hotel through alpharooms and it worked out quite a saving.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Daisy M

Hi you should take a look at www.tripadvisor.ie/salouforum and also have a look at hotel reviews. You will probably get a good idea of what hotel will suit your group if you have any questions post in the forum and I am sure you will get some replies. I always look on TA before booking any hotel but dont just read the reviews look at the pictures that have been posted by the reviewers this gives a clearer picture.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Bifforod

Just to advance the issue, I'm hoping to stay in a camp site close to Salou and would like advice from persons with experiance. We have children 16,15, and 12. thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭castlepoint

sanguli campsite in salou is one of the best in europe.three large pool complexes,it,vast and right cross the road from the beach.

Advertisement