Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Supplement shop in Dublin?

• 02-10-2008 8:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭

Hi guys, does anyone know any supplement shop in the Dublin city center or the south side? I am looking to buy some Myoplex, Creatine and Whey. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,347 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

i ordered my whey from http://www.thesupplementfactory.com/ on wednessday morning and had it on friday afternoon.

just incase you dont get to a shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭colly10

Theres 2 on Grafton Street that sell supplements, one's Holland and Barrett and the other one's Health something or other on the Trinity college end. Ye won't miss them

• Registered Users Posts: 7,028 ✭✭✭COH

There are supplement shops on Camden St, Capel st, one in the Ilac centre and one on Moore st.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Superdub2

Order off the net!!!! Much cheaper and location doesnt matter!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,518 ✭✭✭billyhead

What is the cheapest site on the net to order from?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

i started ordering from here; quick delivery, good prices (from my last comparison on some items), and effcient/friendly when i called and emailed
    http://www.universalnutrition.ie/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭madmik

most shops areound town are selling overpriced crap,ur far better off buying it online
    also cant beat that free delivery

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭Nowler

LMFAO.
    Why do you guys buy from ireland?
    1.Irish stores dont have the BEST selection.
    2.Most dont have PH's
    and 3 its daylight robbery lol.

Wise up guys and buy from the states ;)

You get better products and a wide selection for CHEAPER prices, still cheaper even after paying for p+p.

10lb bag of protein costs 80€ here and costs 77$ there.
    You should buy 2 or more products at a time to take full advantage of the price.

For the record im irish and living in wexford just so you know im not a store rep for some american store.
    Im a bodybuilder and i spend thousands of euro each year on supplements so i need to find the cheapest stores.
    I've been using U S stores for quite a while now and have saved LOADS of money.

Heres a link to my bodybuilding forum, check out the supplement stores section.
    http://muscleheads4life.proboards58.com

Also if you need any help with trainning, supplements, steroids, ph's, diets or just general stuff, feel free to post your questions and we'll help you out.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

Ah c'mon now, what's with all this talk of steroids and PH's?? Most people here aren't even near being at a level to justify those choices.

I hear you man but thats only 2 sections there, both i and the mods have exellant advice on diets, trainnig, fat loss and supplements.

The steroids and ph's are for the big boys and will NEVER be condoned to those under 21.

• Advertisement

Nowler wrote: »
    I hear you man but thats only 2 sections there, both i and the mods have exellant advice on diets, trainnig, fat loss and supplements.

The steroids and ph's are for the big boys and will NEVER be condoned to those under 21.

Have a read around of some of the post and logs here, you'd be surprised at the quality of the info ;)

Lol, this is a big site man, im afraid that if i look around i'll get lost lol.

Is there a bodybuilding board here?

I wanna see what kinda knowledge you guys have?

I order my supplements off bodybuilding.com or nutritionconnection.ie. Good value to be had off both, but depends on how soon you need it to be delivered. thesupplementfactory.ie is supposed to be pretty cheap, but from what I hear their stuff tastes like sh*t

I'm sure many will argue otherwise

do what i do and order 3 months of stuff in advance.
    What's the cheapest online store in ireland, i wanna compare the prices.

Oh, and when buying of bb.com put " Free straps please" in the comment box and you'll get em.

Merry christmas

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Malteaser!

10lb bag of protein costs 80€ here and costs 77$ there.
    do what i do and order 3 months of stuff in advance.
    What's the cheapest online store in ireland, i wanna compare the prices.

2 5lb tubs of whey protein cost 59.98e from www.thesupplementfactory.com - one of, if not THE cheapest online Irish store.

That is cheap enough but there no amino acids in it.
    Id have to buy my amino acids (leucine, isoleucine and valine) from the states so therefore id be better to buy all my stuff in the 1 store so that i get discounts.

A lot of money to be made in the supplement game in ireland, it would be a wise choice if 1 of you set up shop.

So many people misinformed bout products like glutamine and creatine and others.

How much creatine do you guys use per day?

That is cheap enough but there no amino acids in it.
    Id have to buy my amino acids (leucine, isoleucine and valine) from the states so therefore id be better to buy all my stuff in the 1 store so that i get discounts.

A lot of money to be made in the supplement game in ireland, it would be a wise choice if 1 of you set up shop.

So many people misinformed bout products like glutamine and creatine and others.

How much creatine do you guys use per day?

There's no amino acids in protein??

Good company's put amino acids into there protein powder.
    Any body that knows even the slightest bit about building muscle knows that amino acid are essential!!

100% Gold standard whey is 1 of the best you can get.

Packed with Whey Protein Isolates
    Higher Pure Protein Percentage
    Fast-Acting HYDROWHEY Whey Peptides
    Provides Whey Protein Microfractions
    More than 5 grams of BCAAs
    Over 4 grams of Glutamine & Precursors
    Instantized to Mix with a Spoon

Quality product!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Malteaser!

Ehhh protein is made up of amino acids...

Malteaser! wrote: »
    Ehhh protein is made up of amino acids...

Any body that knows even the slightest bit about building muscle knows that:D

• Advertisement

Yup sure is

I'd hope so. Otherwise it would just be an empty tub.
    Any body that knows even the slightest bit about building muscle knows that amino acid are essential!!

Lol. Looks like there's one of us who knows about building muscle, and another who knows what supplements to buy so eh?

lol
    Gold standard whey has higher amino acids than most other products.

lol

Is this the one you're talking about?? http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/opt/whey.html
    BB.com wrote:
    Higher protein percentage. ON's 100% Whey Gold Standard has always been a leader in this respect. Now with 24 grams of protein in just slightly over one-ounce serving, it's nearly 79% protein by weight!

Not all that much better than a general protein concentrate. You get 78-80% protein by volume with any concentrate. A good isolate will be closer to 90%

The fact they claim it's an isolate annoys me. There's probably SOME isolate in the blend, and because it's a "blend" they can list it any way they want, instead of by volume, like it would be listed other wise (which would put concentrate as the first on the list, ruining the image they're trying to portray).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,819 ✭✭✭✭g'em

lol

Arguing about the differences in amino acid content of the various high quality whey products is ridiculous at best.

Nowler all whey, by its very nature, is full of amino acids. For a very small minority of people who are dieting very hard or training extremely intensely there may be some benefit to supplementing with extra BCAAs but for the majority of folk, particulalry those here, any good brand whey protein blend will be more than enough to meet their needs.

What do you think of "american sports nutrution's" AMERICAN WHEY 25lb tub.

Quality to price?

What do you think of "american sports nutrution's" AMERICAN WHEY 25lb tub.

Quality to price?

I think if you're carrying too much bodyfat and not enough muscle, it doesn't matter.

g'em wrote: »
    Arguing about the differences in amino acid content of the various high quality whey products is ridiculous at best.

Nowler all whey, by its very nature, is full of amino acids. For a very small minority of people who are dieting very hard or training extremely intensely there may be some benefit to supplementing with extra BCAAs but for the majority of folk, particulalry those here, any good brand whey protein blend will be more than enough to meet their needs.

I suppose, is there any actual bodybuilders here?
    Not people that go to the gym but people that actually want to get 230+lbs?

Hanley wrote: »
    I think if you're carrying too much bodyfat and not enough muscle, it doesn't matter.

It sure does suck to work your balls off building quality muscle and then cut and lose muscle.
    I know it happens but i strongly believe in raising amino's to recover quicker and reduce to amount of muscle lost during a cut.

P.s sorry g'em, i didn't realise that discussing ph's was not alowed

LOL my bad

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,819 ✭✭✭✭g'em

I suppose, is there any actual bodybuilders here?
    Not people that go to the gym but people that actually want to get 230+lbs?

Currently competitive bodybuilders? Not that I know of.

We just make do with some national and world level powerlifters, a few national weight lifters, a couple of supplement store owners, oh and the odd ex-European Title Holder Natural BBing champion. It's not much but we make do with the limited information we have to hand, y'know, in between dreaming of our 230lb goals :pac:

The Fitness Forum is more of a generalist forum that caters for a variety of lifters and exercise enthusiasts tbh, and we try to create an environment where every level is catered for. There's some extremely experienced, practised, knowledgable individuals lurking around - don't judge by first appearances ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement