Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

General chat thread... Links, pictures, banter etc

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 627 ✭✭✭The QuietMan

blade1 wrote: »
    You got a bike that was laid up for years all sorted.
    If you sold it in the morning you could get the price of the bike plus what you spent on it no problem.

Looking at DD it almost certainly appears that way I agree

• Registered Users Posts: 12,083 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Looking at DD it almost certainly appears that way I agree

And you know your one is sorted!

And you know your one is sorted!

The ones on DD might need something or another, I have zero complaints all in. It was pure luck getting the bike

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭enrique66_35

Took the bike to work for the first time today (only been on weekend/evening spins since doing IBT September last year) and despite being extremely nervous beforehand I f-ing loved it! Still too green to try filtering so creeping along with the busy early morning traffic in the dark was less fun but plenty of time for that when I get more experience.

Just wanted to say a big thanks to the biker who was behind me coming out of Glanmire this morning who revved to let me know he was there (or maybe just coincidence) but gave me space when I slowed to deal with my fogging visor. Never realised how much spray gets on your visor even when its not raining and the road is just a bit damp:eek: I think the L vest might have helped. Even got the salute as he headed off down towards East Cork!

Just an update on my blade, it’ll need a new radiator and pipes in the short term, anything other than Fowler’s for those bits? She’s the 919cc RRX model

• Advertisement

Just an update on my blade, it’ll need a new radiator and pipes in the short term, anything other than Fowler’s for those bits? She’s the 919cc RRX model
    Have no experience with these but here ya go
    There's a discount code for a further 15%as well
    https://www.motea.com/en/radiator-for-honda-cbr-900-rr-fireblade-96-99-water-cooler-engine-cooling-149345-0

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭H_Lime

Thanks blade1. I’ll buy that radiator as the market is otherwise quite expensive as H has pointed out.

I’ve gone for these hoses

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.ie%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F133039133052

Any opinions welcome

Just got my bike back, didn’t realise the workshop put Metzler tyres on it. Bike feels great but I’m not used to the riding position

Just got my bike back, didn’t realise the workshop put Metzler tyres on it. Bike feels great but I’m not used to the riding position
    You need to sell it so.
    I'll buy it off you.
    Needs work remember, rad etc. etc.
    1k ok you? :D

• Advertisement

10k ok you? :D

Oh blade1 how could I refuse :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

That's gas, I remember dropping the bike in for new tyres before, I asked for metz but they put on duolops. Which tyres did they put on?

zubair wrote: »
    That's gas, I remember dropping the bike in for new tyres before, I asked for metz but they put on duolops. Which tyres did they put on?

Did you demand they change them for what you asked? Metzler Sportec M3’s

As you might recall I have Metzler Tourance on my DL and bloody hate them, the scooter is running Michelin’s and I find them good. The Metzler are cheaper than the Dunlop’s but many people say they are the king of motorcycle tyres, this from a salesman in Lee Motorcycles

Initially yes, they agreed to change them back no problem but I decided to leave them on. I didn't regret it, they were good tyres. The M3s are highly rated.

zubair wrote: »
    Initially yes, they agreed to change them back no problem but I decided to leave them on. I didn't regret it, they were good tyres. The M3s are highly rated.

Once you have no regrets is the main thing. These tyres were fitted by a former professional motorcycle rider so I trust his choice. Even for brand new tyres they handled well in the corners on the ride home. I’ll need to get out on it again tomorrow to bed in the brakes, hit the rear brakes today and she travelled further than I wanted.

Once you have no regrets is the main thing. These tyres were fitted by a former professional motorcycle rider so I trust his choice. Even for brand new tyres they handled well in the corners on the ride home. I’ll need to get out on it again tomorrow to bed in the brakes, hit the rear brakes today and she travelled further than I wanted.

Just so you know, professional racers have a a couple of screws loose :pac:
    Careful with those tyres a while!!

Just so you know, professional racers have a a couple of screws loose :pac:

He’s still active at track days so I might be cautious :pac:

He pointed out the marks on the frame to be corrosion, they can be polished out but it’s stressful the same guy said?

X2

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭in2dark

Did you demand they change them for what you asked? Metzler Sportec M3’s

As you might recall I have Metzler Tourance on my DL and bloody hate them, the scooter is running Michelin’s and I find them good. The Metzler are cheaper than the Dunlop’s but many people say they are the king of motorcycle tyres, this from a salesman in Lee Motorcycles

I have the tourance on my dl650 and i love them. Why dont you like them?

in2dark wrote: »

The front tyre is fine, the rear is the problem, it tends to kick out, feels like it’s on ice in the corners

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,569 ✭✭✭✭listermint

in2dark wrote: »

Jesus they're an awful tire.

Awful.

listermint wrote: »

Awful.

:pac:

Best way to get rid of corrosion on the frame? Few minor spots, nothing serious, just me being ocd, I’ve been told I can polish it but it will break my heart. Need to sort it before it gets the acf50 treatment. Feel free to drop me a DM if you prefer

Best way to get rid of corrosion on the frame? Few minor spots, nothing serious, just me being ocd, I’ve been told I can polish it but it will break my heart. Need to sort it before it gets the acf50 treatment. Feel free to drop me a DM if you prefer
    Any pic?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭ZX7R

listermint wrote: »

Awful.

Metzler tyres in general for me are a horrible horrible Tyre just can't get feeling from them.
    Personal view only

Any pic?

Can get one in the morning if that suits? It’s more annoying than anything else. But can be sorted I was told.

ZX7R wrote: »
    Metzler tyres in general for me are a horrible horrible Tyre just can't get feeling from them.
    Personal view only

I share your view, with the adventure tyres anyhow

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭ZX7R

I share your view, with the adventure tyres anyhow

Strange thing that,there very popular in the UK on adventure bikes probably because they are cheep.tractor tyres I call them
    When I bought my first varadero they had set on it, one week later I had a set of mitchalin polits on it.

ZX7R wrote: »
    Strange thing that,there very popular in the UK on adventure bikes probably because they are cheep.tractor tyres I call them
    When I bought my first varadero they had set on it, one week later I had a set of mitchalin polits on it.

You’re correct in what you are saying. Tyres are like women, some good some had, some suit others don’t. I’ll be switching to Michelin’s once I get a few bob together

• Advertisement

Advertisement