Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FRAGRANCE SPLITS - *SEPTEMBER 2022*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭hitemfrank

Cyrus wrote: »
    how come it was reduced?

Not entirely sure. Could have been the 15% off beauty sale prior to Valentines day. I had to order it in store as my Local Debenhams didn't have it. Ordered in on Friday evening.

I checked the price online after picking it up and it was completely out of stock and back up to 138.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,015 ✭✭✭✭adox

Cant recommend the new Beau De jour release enough. The performance and projection on my skin is really outstanding. the one scent I have that I have to be light handed with.

You should definitely try it when Pat gets it in.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,521 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

adox wrote: »

You should definitely try it when Pat gets it in.

Should have some next week. Will be on the March / April list.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭hitemfrank

Got my package yesterday.

Duoro is fantastic. I'm a big fan of citrusy scents so this is right up my street.

hitemfrank wrote: »
    Got my package yesterday.

Duoro is fantastic. I'm a big fan of citrusy scents so this is right up my street.

Yeah, it's not one of their best known but it's actually a belter!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Panda Killa

Yeah, it's not one of their best known but it's actually a belter!

I can't wait :D

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭DriveSkill

Hi Pat,

Are you still looking for someone for the last 50ml of the Creed Green Irish Tweed split - if so put me down!

If not I'll take 50ml of the Creed Aventus.

Thanks!

DriveSkill wrote: »
    Hi Pat,

Are you still looking for someone for the last 50ml of the Creed Green Irish Tweed split - if so put me down!

If not I'll take 50ml of the Creed Aventus.

Thanks!

Have a few GIT actually so put you down for one; will drop you a line!

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Uncle_moe

Hey Pat,
    I'm interested in ordering more from Rogue Perfumes. If you plan any splits soon count me in. Really tempted to just go and buy a bottle of Chypre Siam because Mousse Iluminee is that good.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Uncle_moe wrote: »
    Hey Pat,
    I'm interested in ordering more from Rogue Perfumes. If you plan any splits soon count me in. Really tempted to just go and buy a bottle of Chypre Siam because Mousse Iluminee is that good.

Hear hear and a rasputin female split

• Advertisement

Will be keeping my eye out re Rogue. It's a slightly different one to work as there's a chance (I think) of it being liable for Customs so difficult to price in advance. Doesn't help he's jacked the prices up 20% recently either!

McLove: I don't think there is a female Rasputin, but they (Swedoft) do have a few women's alright. I'll be listing a female Creed next week too!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭jim o doom

Pat both bottles received yesterday, impeccable packaged as usual!

The Tabarome is nice, reminds me of the pure white cologne, winter woods is a little more floral than expected but lovely on the the dry down, and the noir extreme is very nice too, a lot less dark than the name would make you think.

jim o doom wrote: »
    Pat both bottles received yesterday, impeccable packaged as usual!

The Tabarome is nice, reminds me of the pure white cologne, winter woods is a little more floral than expected but lovely on the the dry down, and the noir extreme is very nice too, a lot less dark than the name would make you think.

Yeah, Noir Extreme is a big sweetie really. Both it and Noir Anthracite (now, that's a dark one!) have little in common with the rest of the Noir range.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Panda Killa

As usual.. everything perfectly packaged Pat .. had a quick smell of the Mousse illuminée.. definite monster... Penhaligons is one I've had before,
    I'm currently wearing Tabarome and it's settling very well
    Thank you again Pat...the package has gone back to you also

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

Thanks again Pat, everything arrived safe and sound. The Whispers in the Library is gorgeous - but not as much of a beast as the other MM's I have. Rasputin is interesting, I think it'll be a nice spring scent when things get a smidge warmer!

MAJOR Creed news!
    Creed have sold out - literally! The majority shareholding has been sold by the Creed family to a private equity firm.
    https://www.bloomberg.com/amp/news/articles/2020-02-26/blackrock-buyout-fund-s-first-european-target-is-a-perfume-maker

What this means......who knows. A lot of people think this will lead to lower quality, poor releases etc but I don't think that is guaranteed - the new management may (hopefully) continue as a luxury brand. What I think will be almost certainly under threat is the pricing disparity between markets - the source of cheap splits! More news as I get it.....

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭AAAAAAAAA

New ownership will 100% continue as a luxury brand as there has been such incredible growth in the market of luxury and niche fragrance in the last number of years when compared to traditional designers. There's nothing to be gained for them in trying to take the oversaturated levels below.

While I'm not the biggest believer in the batch inconsistency theory on creed (as an example I have been wearing a lot of orangey frags lately and couldn't smell anything of my previously good batch of aventus other than alcohol when I used it - but apparently it smelled great to others), if it really does exist, the investment fund will probably go for more precisely made and mixed formulations to iron them out.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Martin maloney

Pat,
    Everything arrived safe and sound yesterday. Awesomely packaged as per usual. I tackled BDJ First and upon opening was met with a wonderfully masculine Lavender bomb the top note of Lavender is class and really tickles the nostrils. It very Green and herbal in scent also quite woody. Settles in lovely after 2 hours and has good longevity. I have to admit I went in blind with this one upon your recommendation and you were dead right it is a smashing scent.
    Next up was Oud Wood which is a beautiful scent,floral as first then settles nicely on the skin although not as good on the Longevity as its cousin above but works well on its own or as a mixer frag with Tom Ford TV or TL.
    I'll give Noir extreme a lash tomorrow , followed by sandelo ,whispers and Duoro and report back then.
    Many Thanks again for the recommendation of BDJ , try it out folks, its absolutely class!

New list of stuff gone out by email to previous participants just now! Will be up here once it's all formatted etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,316 ✭✭✭Tilikum17

New list of stuff gone out by email to previous participants just now! Will be up here once it's all formatted etc.

Legend. Congrats on the 3 years, Pat!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,842 ✭✭✭Soarer

Manager down from Dublin today.

Threw on some Acier to show him who the real boss is!

Soarer wrote: »
    Manager down from Dublin today.

Threw on some Acier to show him who the real boss is!

Definite Dirk Diggler fragrance!

Hoping to get the new list on here by tomorrow, with a few new bits additional to the email list - bit of a Tom Ford bonanza actually!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

There's a few surprises, wont say any more Pat :)

March 2020 listing :

maxresdefault.jpg

IT'S MY BIRTHDAY!

Yes - believe it or not, March marks three years since my very first fragrance split! Thank you all for your support in the interim - it really wouldn't have been such a success without you. I'm listing the first in an occasional series of 'best ofs' - 'Bargain Belters' featuring lower priced, but fantastic, scents that passed many people by. A bit of a birthday giveaway too - I'll be giving away splits of Clive Christian C for Men to three people who pop in a request this month.

I expect to start shipping these from approx. 16th March.

Bottle sizes
    Glass bottles: 10ml, 25 / 30 ml (same bottle), 50ml. NB: new batch of 10ml glass bottles I've just (March 2020) started using actually hold slightly less, about 9.6ml - apologies.
    Plastic bottles: 10ml, 20ml.

Note 20ml splits are available in plastic bottles only

"Open splits" need to get a minimum number of people signed up to go ahead.

Shipping
    Courier: €12.50 for up to 5 or 6 bottles depending on size. This option must be used for glass bottles.
    An Post: €4.50 - only available for plastic bottles (10 / 20ml). Max seven 10ml or three 20ml bottles. Not tracked or insured!

Full payment details will be provided by PM / email - I take Revolut, bank transfer, or PayPal.

I also have the following available in hand as of 4/3/2020:

Creed - Aventus: €85 per 50ml. Two left (awaiting new 50ml bottles though).
    Thierry Mugler - Pure Malt: Whiskey accented designer scent, but not overly boozy. €9 for 10ml, or €16 for 20ml. Only 20ml left. Price reduced!
    Berdoues - Arz El-Rab: cedar, ginger, lemon and pepper - this is very wearable and smells a lot more upmarket than its price suggests; a little bargain. €31.50 for 30ml (in original 100ml bottle if wanted).
    Swedoft - Mysterious Shadow: Parfum de Marly - esque masculine from hip Swedes Swedoft. €16 for 10ml - one only (plastic).
    Penhaligon's - As Sawira: midweight oud drying down to saffron and spice. From the high end Trade Routes collection. €15.50 for 10ml, €29 for 20ml, €41.50 for 30ml. 30ml available.

................................................................................................................

Creed Aventus - please note!
    There's always been a lot of talk online about Aventus being changed / reformulated etc - 99% of which is absolute bull. Well, this time it looks like it's official - Aventus has almost certainly been reformulated as of batch 19Y01. Creed have not said this directly, but the official list of fragrance notes has changed which surely indicates a reformulation - the presumption is that this is in response to the latest IFRA restrictions on fragrance ingredients which ban / cut back on many common ingredients, and which will affect a lot of fragrances. The new batch is already out in the wild. The feedback so far is......poor to say the least. Now, bearing in mind the bull**** ratio mentioned above re Aventus I would be hugely wary of taking these claims at face value and I would presume they're over exaggerated........but it's always possible they're correct - I don't know because I haven't smelled it yet.

Anyway, I've got in an extra flacon which is pre-reformulation batch 19S01. If you really really want to ensure you get some more pre-reformulation ('Classic'?) Aventus this may be your last chance - beyond that flacon, although it may well be possible, I can't guarantee getting an 'old' batch. I have only two bottles available.

Late breaking news: Creed has just sold a majority stakeholding to a private equity firm. Aside from any potential fragrance changes, expect price rises I’d say!

................................................................................................................

Competition time!
    375x500.9728.jpg
    Clive Christian’s C for Men (now discontinued and replaced by an inferior fragrance) is perhaps best described as a stronger version of Tuscan Leather – I’d call it Tuscan Leather Intense but Tom Ford already got there! Price is an eye watering €350 for a 50ml bottle................but I’m giving some away for free, what with it being a birthday celebration and all! Quite simple really: everyone who places a request between now and the end of March will have their name put in the hat for one of three 9ml bottles of C for Men. That’s it!

Small print: (i) open to anyone who submits and pays for a request by end March – doesn’t need to have been delivered within that timeframe. (ii) names will be drawn at random by one of those raffle program thingies on d’internet. (iii). If your request has already been delivered and you’re a winner, I will send the C to you in a plastic bottle by An Post.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

TOM FORD
    504571.jpg

Beau de Jour *open split*
    This appeared in the Private Blend range (at a considerably more expensive price) last year before disappearing quickly. Now it's back - and much, much cheaper as part of the mass market Signature range! Arguments abound online as to whether it differs from the original release - for what it's worth I can't smell any difference! The fragrance itself is an absolute cracker - a barbershop style lavender, patchouli, and amber riot. Classy, yet accessible and inoffensive. A very safe wear. This is garnering some seriously good press and looks like a major hit. Frankly, it's well worth the retail price.....but I don't do retail! Currently I have no original bottles left but may have more shortly so do ask (I think they'll go very quickly though so hurry!). RRP €99 for 50ml.
    €18 for 10ml, €35 for 20ml, €50 for 30ml, or €73.50 for 50ml. 50ml portion in original 100ml bottle and box.

Lost Cherry *open split*
    Fnarr fnarr! Unisex fragrance here, containing notes of black cherry, Turkish rose, tonka bean, cedar, almond, vetiver, Peru balm, cherry liqueur, jasmine Sambac and sandalwood. But mostly cherries. Ridiculously expensive at an RRP of €245 / 50ml.
    €34.50 for 10ml, €67 for 20ml, €98.50 for 30ml, or €154.50 for 50ml. 50ml portion in original 100ml bottle and box.

Grey Vetiver EdP *open split*
    An office classsic, this features shiny citruses, spices, precious wood and vetiver - simple, clean and elegant and ideal for Spring. This is the stronger eau de parfum version (although I think the EdT may have been dropped). RRP €90 / 50ml.
    €15 for 10ml, €28.50 for 20ml, €40 for 30ml, or €58.50 for 50ml. 50ml portion in original 100ml bottle and box.

Black Orchid EdP *open split*
    Sophisticated, dark (with floral undertones), intense (yet paradoxically subtle), mysterious and alluring - this is one of the major sellers of the whole Tom Ford range. This was originally released as a female fragrance before being rebranded as unisex given the high number of men who apparently wear it. Me personally, I think it's one for the ladies TBH. RRP €99 / 50ml.
    €16 for 10ml, €30.50 for 20ml, €43.50 for 30ml, or €63.50 for 50ml. 50ml portion in original 100ml bottle and box.

CREED
    504573.jpg

Spring Flower (for women) *open split*
    Mothers Day is on the way lads! One of Creed’s best female scents, this moves away from the heaviness of Aventus for Her and Royal Princess Oud to a much lighter affair. Apple, jasmine, melon and peach abound in a spring / summer oriented fragrance. An easy wear – and a cracking price! RRP €240 / 75ml.
    €69 for 50ml. Need at least another three signups for this one to go ahead.

Aventus Cologne *coming soon*
    Creed promised a fresher, lighter Aventus with this ‘Cologne’ flanker. And that’s exactly what they delivered – it’s like Aventus, but fresher and...err....lighter... If you reckon your Aventus is just that bit too in-your-face for a work environment, this is the answer – should be great for the hotter months too. RRP €180 / 50ml.
    €24 for 10ml, €46 for 20ml, €67 for 30ml, or €100 for 50ml.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

BEST OF - Bargain Belters
    504572.jpg

What's this? Five low - mid priced 10ml bottles of fragrances which I've split previously but which passed many people by. All of these are absolutely top notch and are personal favourites of mine. Can I guarantee you'll like them all? No, tastes differ, but you'll surely like a few! All in hand.
    Lalique - Fleur Universelle: rum, myrrh, cinnamon and tonka. Gorgeous, warming fragrance for the cooler months.
    Christian Dior - Dior Homme Intense: takes often feminine touches such as iris and powdery smells and somehow makes a decadently sexy male scent. Very suave.
    Mancera - Aoud Vanille: dark, brooding medicinal oud, lightened – just a tad – with vanilla. Sombre and mysterious.
    Atelier Cologne - Orange Sanguine: smells like a real life orange. Really, nothing more need be said! Super for summer, and much better longevity than most citrus frags.
    Penhaligon's - Castile: a summer corker, this is a neroli forward soapy scent. Classic without being old fashioned, cool without even trying.

€69 for 5 x 10ml Last orders! Only two more available - this will not be repeated.

KILIAN
    375x500.18904.jpg

Musk Oud *in hand*
    Much of the Kilian lineup leaves me indifferent, but this is – I think – their very highest rated fragrance. Oud, rose and musk – and a price that has been described as “immoral”. RRP ~€350 / 50ml in full presentation.
    €33 for 10ml or €64 for 20ml. More signups needed to proceed.

DOLCE & GABBANA
    375x500.33180.jpg

The One for Men: Royal Night *coming soon*
    Mysterious, sophisticated and extremely masculine, the new exclusive fragrance The One Royal Night represents an oriental edition of the original The One for Men fragrance and offers a fragrant journey to the Middle East. Its oriental - woody composition begins with notes of cardamom (two types of cardamom oil) and basil. Wild pear wood, a dry wood with a leathery note, and spicy nutmeg form the heart, followed by the oriental base of amber, cedar, sandalwood and labdanum.
    €11.50 for 10ml, €22 for 20ml, €31 for 30ml, or €46 for 50ml.

BERDOUES
    375x500.43109.jpg

Maasai Mara *open split*
    "Maasai Mara is a cozy and comforting cinnamon-orange-dried fruits blend that's very easy to wear. Dry, understated, and perfect for autumn-winter or a cool evening anytime" - Fragrantica.
    €10.50 for 10ml, €20 for 20ml, €30 for 30ml, or €41.50 for 50ml. 50ml available. Get your name down quick if interested.

BURREN PERFUMERY
    image.jpg

Man of Aran (AKA Aran) *in hand*
    Recently renamed simply ‘Aran’ to underline that this is a unisex fragrance, Man of Aran is a ‘modern fresh sea cologne with a citrus top note and woody base notes of the mosses, lichens and barks of the Burren’.
    €8.50 for 10ml.

LES SENTEURS GOURMANDES
    375x500.46460.jpg

The Absolu *in hand*
    Another from splits cheapo faves Senteurs Gourmandes. Cedar, green tea and mint – light and unisex.
    €8 for 10ml.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 SalthillHead

Hi Padraig

Can you put me on the list for the aventus creed. Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

Hey Padraig put me down for 10ml each of the Beau du Jour and Lost Cherry (plastic).

Damn you. :pac:

Happy Birthday!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭eljono

Hi Padraig, only recently came across this thread and first time making an order. Very interesting idea, congrats on three year milestone!

Could you put me down for 10 ml of 1. Penhaligon's - As Sawira, 2. The One for Men: Royal Night and 3. Grey Vetiver EdP please?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,842 ✭✭✭Soarer

Lads, ye'd better get ordering Spring Flower, 'cause I won't know what to get herself if it falls through!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭sburn

Hi Padraig,

Could I order 30ml Aventus Cologne and 30ml Beau de Jour, thanks.

Advertisement