Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Not sure where else to ask.

• 16-02-2020 8:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭

I recently noticed that a regular poster here hadn't posted in a while. I used to be able to cliick on their name and could then see all their posts. The other day I tried that and nothing happened, I noticed there was nothing under their name where 'registered user' usually is.
    Now it seems like all their posts have been deleted.
    They have been on boards for years and had thousands of posts.
    I just wonder where they have gone to,, and yes, I know it's none of my business. It's just they are one of my favourites.
    Also, I thought if you simply unregister your posts are still visible.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

If its who I think you are talking about, ( very knowledgeable older gentleman), something happened in after hours, mods have been pretty clear on no further discussion, but he closed his account on the back of the incident.

It's a shame as a wealth of information lost.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,537 ✭✭✭ldy4mxonucwsq6

Srameen, yeah he was a great source of knowledge on here for all thing garden and wildlife (along with plenty of other stuff).

I hope he comes back.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,132 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

If it says nothing under their name that means they closed their account. If their posts are gone it likely means they emailed the office and asked them to remove their posts.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

It's not the first time that he's done this and hopefully he will come back. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭GolfNut33

Another good poster gone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭fineso.mom

Thanks everyone, it was Srameen. Very disappointed he is gone. As someone said, he was wealth of information. Hopefully he will return some day.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Didn't want to mention his name.

It's a shame he decided to leave.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,342 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Agreed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭gzoladz

Oh, it's a pity, I didn't know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭ThunderCat

That's a real shame. Hopefully he will return. He might migrate back to us with the Swallows.

• Advertisement
Advertisement