Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Digs vs rent a room

• 28-02-2017 4:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 244 ✭✭

Hi just wondering has anyone experience of either and which works better? Thinking of Monday to Friday digs for two students or renting room to one tenant. How popular are Monday up Friday digs and do you contact colleges?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

As someone who rents rooms a Monday to Friday tenant is ideal and may of us look for them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 244 ✭✭Dublingirl80

As someone who rents rooms a Monday to Friday tenant is ideal and may of us look for them.

Thanks where did you advertise for yours?

• Registered Users Posts: 78,218 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Most colleges will have an accommodation office.

What arrangement you do is up to you. Note the implied difference is cooking, cleaning, visitors, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Thanks where did you advertise for yours?

Daft in the sharing section.
    Victor wrote: »
    Most colleges will have an accommodation office.

What arrangement you do is up to you. Note the implied difference is cooking, cleaning, visitors, etc.

Some of them <mod snip> are beyond useless. We have 'links' to the college and they still didn't put the ad up.

Thanks I might try those!
    Daft in the sharing section.

Some of them <mod snip> are beyond useless. We have 'links' to the college and they still didn't put the ad up.

• Advertisement

What is the usual policy for digs or Mon to fri rental when it comes to overnight guests aka a boyfriend of the student. It was never mentioned on move in and has never been an issue before when I've rented mon to Fri, however it's been mentioned in passing and I have a feeling it may come up. I don't really want this as it's a room for one person sun to fri and it's much cheaper than what I would make for full time rental.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,218 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Just say no. If they want to have someone stay over, they pay.

Having someone stay once a month might be another matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Dublin Mum

What kind of prices would you expect to pay for Sunday evening to Friday morning digs en suite bedroom with all meals provided? Dublin. Term time only obviously.

Advertisement