Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Wolfies - FG Werewolf Awards Voting

• 01-11-2018 4:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭

Hello all,

With only 2 games remaining in the year, its that time of year when we look back at all the time we have spent trying to kill each others online personas!

I am pleased to introduce the nominations / voting form for the 2018 Forum Games Werewolf Awards (The Wolfies).

Screen-Shot-2014-04-23-at-11.24.27-AM.png

You may vote by following this link. http://bit.ly/2DgYGVM

There are a good few categories celebrating some of the stand out moments of the year (as best as we could pick them!).

If you think something is missing please send me a PM and ill take a look!

There are two games left this year, so i will update the form when they have been completed and ask everyone to take another look. I am posting this now as some of the categories are open text answers, so i want to give people lots of time to consider what they want to vote for!

I reserve the right to follow up with you on your submission if i need a little more detail (i.e. i like when Pter did that thing with the thing - what thing. with which thing. in what game :D)

Please vote as many times as you would like, but your last submission will be the one we count.

We will look to tabulate and hold an awards ceremony thread maybe between Xmas and New Years!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

The Beaker award .....Im blushing :)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Yay for the Necro award :D

Now to vote for myself in everything...

Ah no. I'll try and be fair :pac:

I found it hard to name specific nominations without selections. Ive no memory of anything not involving me.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Vote for whatever you think deserves each award. If thats something you were involved in, so be it!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

beakerjoe wrote: »
    I found it hard to name specific nominations without selections. Ive no memory of anything not involving me.

For me, there's a big toss up in the goodie awards.

Strawberry Milkshake as seer in the Disney game.

Beakerjoe as seer in the BTTF game.

sKeith as vigilante in Westworld.

Andy125 as seer in Eastenders.

Jack Moore as seer in Vanillarama II.

And... Loughc as bodyvig in Sopranos.

All very good play. There's others I'm certain but that's just off the top of my head.

Baddies then....

Barney92 as SK in JP.

Necrominus as Orla/Winnie in Sherlock

fixxxer as Cujo in Stephen King

beakerjoe in Westworld

Again just off the top of my head.

• Advertisement

Im sure i can trust on your vote in the best forum mod category Necro :D

Necrominus wrote: »
    For me, there's a big toss up in the goodie awards.

Strawberry Milkshake as seer in the Disney game.

Beakerjoe as seer in the BTTF game.

sKeith as vigilante in Westworld.

Andy125 as seer in Eastenders.

Jack Moore as seer in Vanillarama II.

And... Loughc as bodyvig in Sopranos.

All very good play. There's others I'm certain but that's just off the top of my head.

Baddies then....

Barney92 as SK in JP.

Necrominus as Orla/Winnie in Sherlock

fixxxer as Cujo in Stephen King

beakerjoe in Westworld

Again just off the top of my head.

Thnaks, this helps a lot. All I could remember was Eastenders which I ran.

Pter wrote: »

Depends what's in it for me :pac:

Sully Or Sullivo....its a toughie!

If anyone wants to help generate a selection for any of the open text answers ill update the form and people can revote. TBH i just havent been able to comb through each game for each instance of good play!

If 2 or 3 people list out ones they thought were good, though, we should have a decent selection.

• Advertisement

I'll try and update other plays I thought were very good as and when I remember them to jog peoples memories.

Stu Redman as seer in Sopranos deserves a mention too.

But I'm hoping I can recall some non roled players that were very good too.

Oh, patrickSTARR for his brief time in Stephen King is also a good play. Correctly named about 4 wolves iirc.

Tantrums... hah.

Necrominus in Overwatch.

Duffman breaking his laptop in BTTF.

Molly in Stephen King.

Would need to have a re read of a few games to see other tantrums.

Probably Necrominus in BTTF as well actually. :o

If anyone wants to help generate a selection for any of the open text answers ill update the form and people can revote. TBH i just havent been able to comb through each game for each instance of good play!

If 2 or 3 people list out ones they thought were good, though, we should have a decent selection.

Yeah, this. Also don't be worried about naming your own play in the list - if you think it should be added and some have forgotten it a simple mention might make people say - 'Oh yeah, that was a really good play actually!'

Bodyvig from the Sopranos game has been added to the innovations category.

Yeah, this. Also don't be worried about naming your own play in the list - if you think it should be added and some have forgotten it a simple mention might make people say - 'Oh yeah, that was a really good play actually!'

Like me busing my team mates.......... no?

Me:"It was so great it should get two awards!"

Necro: "Not a popular one there father!"

Like me busing my team mates.......... no?

Me:"It was so great it should get two awards!"

Necro: "Not a popular one there father!"

I mentioned it above actually, I do consider it a good play! Just not, well... teammate wise. :pac:

I mentioned it above actually, I do consider it a good play! Just not, well... teammate wise. :pac:

I didnt bus my team this game, though it would be in the interest of my character. Ive learned from my mistake :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,945 ✭✭✭duffman13

Drummer in the Stephen King game is a shoe in for the tunnelling award. That's why I love the Brendan anon account :) Ugh I loved all the games, so hard to pick a favourite! Even a favourite 5

duffman13 wrote: »
    Drummer in the Stephen King game is a shoe in for the tunnelling award. That's why I love the Brendan anon account :) Ugh I loved all the games, so hard to pick a favourite! Even a favourite 5

Yes, I dont think theres a game I dont have affection for. A sophies choice

I didnt bus my team this game, though it would be in the interest of my character. Ive learned from my mistake :)

I was interested to see how you and fixxxer would have played the Melfi/Tony dynamic this game but wasn't to be. Anyways better not go too off topic in the awards thread :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Was Drumpot not Phil (not Liam), in SK? Don't have the spreadsheet to hand or I'd check.

quickbeam wrote:
    Was Drumpot not Phil (not Liam), in SK? Don't have the spreadsheet to hand or I'd check.

Yup

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Will vote when sober. Sitting here, drunk, plotting my revenge on Drumpot for shooting me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,945 ✭✭✭duffman13

quickbeam wrote: »

Ah ****e, I'll need to look back and see who was Brendan! Now I want the Phil account!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

I was interested to see how you and fixxxer would have played the Melfi/Tony dynamic this game but wasn't to be. Anyways better not go too off topic in the awards thread :)

Apart from that it was awesome that my first post killed someone I did kind of want to see how that dynamic would have worked out.

Phil's tunneling, The Wolf clean sweep in the game about the worlds greatest detective, the two island threads (Taco forever) in Jurrasic Park and Beakers Almanac stand out the most for me at first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Jack Moore

Hello all,

With only 2 games remaining in the year, its that time of year when we look back at all the time we have spent trying to kill each others online personas!

I am pleased to introduce the nominations / voting form for the 2018 Forum Games Werewolf Awards (The Wolfies).

Screen-Shot-2014-04-23-at-11.24.27-AM.png

You may vote by following this link. http://bit.ly/2DgYGVM

There are a good few categories celebrating some of the stand out moments of the year (as best as we could pick them!).

If you think something is missing please send me a PM and ill take a look!

There are two games left this year, so i will update the form when they have been completed and ask everyone to take another look. I am posting this now as some of the categories are open text answers, so i want to give people lots of time to consider what they want to vote for!

I reserve the right to follow up with you on your submission if i need a little more detail (i.e. i like when Pter did that thing with the thing - what thing. with which thing. in what game :D)

Please vote as many times as you would like, but your last submission will be the one we count.

We will look to tabulate and hold an awards ceremony thread maybe between Xmas and New Years!

We had a turncoat mechanic
    It provided untrustworthy communication between evil teams and allowed a player betray his team and they knew it
    We also had multiple betrayal mechanics in the game and multiple multi win conditions for both good and bad teams

Those are all innovations

Jack Moore wrote: »
    We had a turncoat mechanic
    It provided untrustworthy communication between evil teams and allowed a player betray his team and they knew it
    We also had multiple betrayal mechanics in the game and multiple multi win conditions for both good and bad teams

Those are all innovations

Fair point.

Form updated with 3 more innovations for the Sopranos game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Jack Moore

Form updated with 3 more innovations for the Sopranos game.

Thanks honey

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

I'm voting and I have a question. I remember in the Eastenders game all roles weren't in the op and I know we did a bit of that in JP. is there posts in each game thread where all secret roles/mechanics are revealed so we can vote on them or is it just ones that were activated? (I know we didn't do one of those posts for JP, or did we? I know I didn't!)

Advertisement