Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Appeal of an infraction

Options
  • 10-05-2021 2:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭

Last night I received an infraction from a Mod Ted_YMCA over a post. Ted and I discussed this in a lengthy email exchange and we identified the problem area of my post (one part, he admitted the rest of the post was valid ). I subsequently submitted a revised wording to him for approval and he said I could post same.

I posted this revised wording this morning. I’ve now received an infraction from a different mod despite having previously cleared my wording with Ted_YMCA.

This is beginning to look like I’m being set up here folks and/or there is a witch hunt in place

I would like this infraction removed and my post - which has been deleted by the mod (Necro) - reinstated please.

Edit: I see I’ve now been told not to post in the thread again. Why?

Are you seriously saying that I cannot post

“Perhaps some reflection on that criticism is required?”

without being carded and told not to post again?

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,063 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Moved to the proper place.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,139 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Last night I received an infraction from a Mod Ted_YMCA over a post. Ted and I discussed this in a lengthy email exchange and we identified the problem area of my post (one part, he admitted the rest of the post was valid ). I subsequently submitted a revised wording to him for approval and he said I could post same.

I posted this revised wording this morning. I’ve now received an infraction from a different mod despite having previously cleared my wording with Ted_YMCA.

This is beginning to look like I’m being set up here folks and/or there is a witch hunt in place

I would like this infraction removed and my post - which has been deleted by the mod (Necro) - reinstated please.

Edit: I see I’ve now been told now to post in the thread again. Why?

Are you serious saying that I cannot post

“Perhaps some reflection on that criticism is required?”

without being carded and told not to post again?

Have you discussed this with Necro?

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Have you discussed this with Necro?

Yes and was rather rudely dismissed. Tbh I don’t think he even read my PM as I have explained as above that I discussed and cleared this wording with the mod who issued the initial infraction.

This is absolutely farcical folks. Farcical.

Clearly I’m being targeted - and not for the first time.

Spear wrote: »
    Moved to the proper place.

Thank you, and apologies for posting in the incorrect forum.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,293 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Hi Butter

I can look at this for you. Please provide the PM exchange you had with the mod - either post here or pm to me.

Thx

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,293 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Thanks for your pm.
    Can I just confirm that it is the red card from Necro that you are appealing?

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    Thanks for your pm.
    Can I just confirm that it is the red card from Necro that you are appealing?

Yes, for the reasons outlined above.

Thanks
    As you do not have the pms I will request that Necro post them here unless you have any objections?

Thanks
    As you do not have the pms I will request that Necro post them here unless you have any objections?

The important PMs are not the PMs from Necro and I, but rather the PMs between Ted_YNWA and me.

Ok. I can ask Ted to post here aswell if you want that to assist your appeal?

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

To be very clear the only PMs that can be posted are ones relating to the specific sanction(s) being challenged, where the mod issues the sanction, the poster replies and the pair of them seek a resolution directly

If this appeal only relates to the yellow issued by Ted than only posting the conversation with Ted is the correct procedure

Beasty wrote: »
    To be very clear the only PMs that can be posted are ones relating to the specific sanction(s) being challenged, where the mod issues the sanction, the poster replies and the pair of them seek a resolution directly

If this appeal only relates to the yellow issued by Ted than only posting the conversation with Ted is the correct procedure

Thanks Beasty and noted.
    The issue seems to be the red card issued by Necro which was issued on a post that Ted 'approved' the wording on (TBD). I think in this case reviewing pms offline would be preferable

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Thanks Beasty and noted.
    The issue seems to be the red card issued by Necro which was issued on a post that Ted 'approved' the wording on (TBD). I think in this case reviewing pms offline would be preferable
    That's fine

I see in the pm exchange that Necro already offered to lift the red card that you are now appealing. Am I missing something here?

He’s offered to remove the red card but is insisting the thread ban remains. I’m sorry but that’s not good enough.

Esp. while a mod is talking about law breaking and illegal activity in the same thread.

Hi

I have looked at all of your pms with the two relevant mods and it WAS the case that your wording was approved prior to you posting it again. Based on that I will ask for the red card to be lifted.
    Threadbans are outside of my remit but in this case the mod has agreed to rescind that aswell.

I trust this is a satisfactory outcome?

Hi

I have looked at all of your pms with the two relevant mods and it WAS the case that your wording was approved prior to you posting it again. Based on that I will ask for the red card to be lifted.
    Threadbans are outside of my remit but in this case the mod has agreed to rescind that aswell.

I trust this is a satisfactory outcome?

Thank you for your investigation.

This has been a very unpleasant and unsatisfactory experience all round. To be told essentially that I was lying and the refusal to investigate as I asked has been very upsetting.

But I thank you for the resolution you have reached.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement