Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

I don't know where we're going, but we know where we are? (Part whatever)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,819 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

John Wayne Is Big Leggy. .

True or false hmmm ?!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

And now I've got a Sprout going. Soooooo good. The man's a true poet.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,313 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Make a little birdhouse in your soul.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

The latest art piece - done today in art class via Zoom. Watercolours are very tricky! I call this... Stormy Evening Sky Landscape No. 1 :)

11417_4l1s1xtgn17aanws.jpeg

You are really talented, Kid

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,990 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Really nice, JK. You obviously have a flair for it.
    Such a weird ass day today. Cloudy but humid, no light in the sky. I'm blaming the eclipse anyway.

To thine own self be true

Really nice, JK. You obviously have a flair for it.
    Such a weird ass day today. Cloudy but humid, no light in the sky. I'm blaming the eclipse anyway.

There's an eclipse?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,064 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

No no, that's Paddy McAloon, Paul McLoone was with The Undertones

Total shame Grem.:( But fook it, Teenage kicks it is!

Did anyone get any pics this morning of it or was it too cloudy everywhere?
    Way too cloudy here , plus it was spitting rain ..

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Sardonicat wrote: »
    There's an eclipse?

This morning around 11.00, too cloudy here for it..

• Advertisement

This morning around 11.00, too cloudy here for it..

Was too cloudy here too but I always get an errie feeling on eclipse days.

Cloud here too, couldn't see a thing!

Make a little birdhouse in your soul.

Say I'm the only bee in your bonnet

thomil wrote: »
    Neither of those names ring a bell for me, then again back in those days, I didn't even know Ireland existed...

I dont think you existed, Thomil!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

Sardonicat wrote: »
    I dont think you existed, Thomil!

Some Wherers appeared in their videos

Which character were you ?

( I own up to being one of the hot-dogs )

We are stardust ...

• Registered Users Posts: 22,221 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

What have I walked in on :eek:

JK That’s a beautiful painting :)

Well, maybe I don't. Maybe I'm just some random fluctuation in the internet traffic that gives the impression of a human being.

Or maybe, I'm the sign of a nascent intelligence developing amongst the myriad connections that make up the internet.

Or maybe, just maybe, none of this is real and what you perceive to be reality is just a mass of particles pushed together in just such a way that for a brief time of several milliseconds, these particles interact similar to what you perceive to be a human brain to be, creating an illusion of a fully fledged life with memories, relationships and all, before drifting apart again.

Should I go on? ;) :pac:

Well yes, there's all those possibilities of course, but I think Sardi meant you weren't born then!

Take the compliments as they come, young thomil. :p

JK ,that painting is brilliant, you really are talented.

Lads, I'm here in my dressing gown and I had the heating on for half an hour earlier, my friend is sending me photos of her balmed out with a fan on ( not a euphemism), wtf. I think it's like winter tonight, I've just gone to work this week and taken to the couch every evening , no mojo at all and I've just made up an excuse not to meet a friend for shopping tomorrow. No inclination to go out for drinks or food, I think I need some adrenaline or whatever kick starts the body.

I'm the same Duvet, I suddenly feel like a decrepit 90 year old. It must be the weather, sure I'm only 22. :cool:

• Advertisement

I'm the same Duvet, I suddenly feel like a decrepit 90 year old. It must be the weather, sure I'm only 22. :cool:

Well, I'm 35 Leggy but surely I shouldn't feel like this, maybe I need a jab.😂

Duvet Day wrote: »
    Well, I'm 35 Leggy but surely I shouldn't feel like this, maybe I need a jab.😂

A little prick won't do you any harm, Duvet ;)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Duvet Day wrote: »
    JK ,that painting is brilliant, you really are talented.

Lads, I'm here in my dressing gown and I had the heating on for half an hour earlier, my friend is sending me photos of her balmed out with a fan on ( not a euphemism), wtf. I think it's like winter tonight, I've just gone to work this week and taken to the couch every evening , no mojo at all and I've just made up an excuse not to meet a friend for shopping tomorrow. No inclination to go out for drinks or food, I think I need some adrenaline or whatever kick starts the body.

Tis called sambucca ;)

A little prick won't do you any harm, Duvet ;)

And a big one might do some good!

Funny you should mention that, I feel the same. I'm completely drained and pretty much in winter mode as well. No idea what's going on. Maybe it was the grey and murky start to this week...

We seem to be missing out on the sunshine this week, it's constantly drizzling and dark, it's like the middle of winter. Wine isn't even helping.

Off today so of course I woke up at 9, if I was working I could sleep until 12!

ARRRRRRGH! ARRRRRRGH! ARRRRRRGH!

Blocked toilet and tantrumming pensioner are a very volatile mix. Excuse me while I scream some more

ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRGH!

Thank you, I needed that. Now I'm off to bleach the bathroom floor before I defumigate myself. Hope you are all well

Oh Sardi, that sounds awful. I think you mentioned the toilet blocked before, time for a plumber to see what's going on maybe someone to unblock the drains.

Oh Sardi, that sounds awful. I think you mentioned the toilet blocked before, time for a plumber to see what's going on maybe someone to unblock the drains.

What's going on is 'someone' keeps compulsively wiping and blowing his nose and throwing piece after piece into the toilet or commode pot. There was almost an entire roll in the commode pot this morning and even though I enpty it gradually and keep topping it up with water from the shower and flushing after each little bit I let fall into the toilet, it still blocks. And then he compulsively throws more down it throughout the day......

Its 11.30. He's had his breakfast, his pot of tea, his medication, showered and dressed and I'm still in my jammies waiting to wash and nothing done yet. I may improve my stress levels with some pharmaceutical intervention. Please don't tell.

• Advertisement

Time for some respite care, Sardi, you need a break. I know it's hard to do and you will feel irrational guilt, but you can only do so much and everyone needs a break now and then.

Advertisement