Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Boards in 1939

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭new92

saabsaab wrote: »
    What's that?

it's twice as good as a university

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭dd973

Anyone up for invading Russia?, they're a bunch of pussies.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

dd973 wrote: »

They'd run away at the first sign of trouble, Hitler will be in Moscow with barely a shot fired, That City of Stalingrad will have the Swastika flying in minutes,

dd973 wrote: »

They'd run away at the first sign of trouble, Hitler will be in Moscow with barely a shot fired, That City of Stalingrad will have the Swastika flying in minutes,

I was charged twelveshillings-n-sixpencethruppencehapenny for a wheelbarrow this morning. Gone be with the days when you could get a decent wheelbarrow for twelveshillings-n-sixpencethruppence.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,160 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

There was a black man in the village today! Over with a circus from England. The caravan stopped outside Biddy's Post Office-Travel Agent-Groceriies-Licensed Premises-Operating Theatre-&-Fun Emporium ....

...and undertakers, surely?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭indioblack

Molotov and Ribbentrop have signed a non-aggression treaty - has to be bad news for somebody.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Travel forum

Thread: Which bike?
    Podge O'Whelen
    What type of high nelly should I buy? Are brakes necessary?

Thread: Over there somewhere.
    Far Shores:
    I hear there's going to be some travel restrictions for a couple of months. Is this true?

Religion:

Thread: Catholicism (there is only one)
    Holy Rosary:
    How many times a week do you go to mass and or confession? Answers on a postcard to AB McQuaid. Dublin.

The town council of Hannover deciding it's probably a good time to invest in infrastructure and get some new buildings going.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,160 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

The town council of Hannover deciding it's probably a good time to invest in infrastructure and get some new buildings going.

Say what you like about him, but that Adolf Hitler has good taste in architecture.

Having said that, I hope he's not planning any major projects in Dresden. Beautiful city with loads of historic buildings

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭indioblack

Say what you like about him, but that Adolf Hitler has good taste in architecture.

Having said that, I hope he's not planning any major projects in Dresden. Beautiful city with loads of historic buildings
    ....like Warsaw.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,737 ✭✭✭saabsaab

It's said he's interested in expanding his living room.

It's saod he's interested in expanding his living room.

Supposed to be a great housepainter, 2 bedroom house,2coats all in one day

Supposed to be a great housepainter, 2 bedroom house,2coats all in one day

He might get a job with our lads on the building sites if the Nazi thing doesn't work out.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭branie2

It's said he's interested in expanding his living room.

I think you means Lebensraum

branie2 wrote: »

That's the German for extension?

breathing room, to be more accurate

I must get one of those rooms.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭1874

The Irish Air Corps should buy Hurricanes

1874 wrote: »
    The Irish Air Corps should buy Hurricanes

Probably too expensive and the British won't supply such advanced aircraft to us.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,743 ✭✭✭Rawr

So a conservatory then?
    He wants to give all Germans conservatories in their gardens?
    Doesn't sound that bad....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Jhcx

Kaybaykwah wrote: »
    You forgot to tell the bit about her forgetting to buy fags for her Da. She got a proper talking to from that, didn't she?

Did anyone give him a stick to beat her with?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,735 ✭✭✭knucklehead6

Good to see the pope recognising the valiant efforts of the 3200 veterans of the Spanish war.

Defenders of the civilisation of Spain and the faith of the church, led by General Franco

• Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭20silkcut

The thought just struck me my own date of birth is closer to the outbreak of world war 2 than it is to the current date.
    In 100 years we’ll all be seen as roughly the generation after world war 2 our lives being lived much closer to the events of world war 2 and of little relevance to whatever is happening in 2121.
    The less nuanced observers of the future will nearly see us as being part of it.

Good to see the pope recognising the valiant efforts of the 3200 veterans of the Spanish war.

Defenders of the civilisation of Spain and the faith of the church, led by General Franco

Is that you, Eoin O'Duffy?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭20silkcut

Your reading too much of that mein kampf that was just the ramblings of a young dissafected man in the aftermath of the bitter defeat in the Great War.
    Germany is different now.

Hitler is a pacifist now he says it himself he just wants what’s best for German people as any leader of any country would want.
    Do you honestly think he would sign a non aggression pact with Stalin if he was hell bent on that lebensraum nonsense.
    What’s he going to do with all the people currently living in these so called lebensraum areas just get rid of them? It’s impossible.
    It’s all nonsense will never happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,836 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

We need a new Holy League to stand firm against these godless Bolsheviks.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,083 ✭✭✭Kaybaykwah

Jhcx wrote: »
    Did anyone give him a stick to beat her with?

Didn't hafta. He's usually keen on using his belt. Likes the swishing sound he says.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,681 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Probably too expensive and the British won't supply such advanced aircraft to us.
    But if they land here we get to keep them ?

• Advertisement

But if they land here we get to keep them ?

True enough but we'll need spares to keep them flying. Still it would be nice to have at least a few planes that could intercept a bomber if needed. Like going to bomb someplace important like the Dail or a major creamery.

Advertisement