Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The glorious 12th

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭simongurnick

Omackeral wrote: »
    The sheer size of this one. I don't know how they manage to get them built so high with work and everything to go to.

Are they burning the union jack on that one??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,733 ✭✭✭Duckworth_Luas

I believe they remove the Union Jacks prior to combustion, but replace them with the flag of the dastardly Ivory Coast.

Bonfire-flag-error-good.jpg

Take that Côte d'Ivoire!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭simongurnick

I believe they remove the Union Jacks prior to combustion, but replace them with the flag of the dastardly Ivory Coast.

Take that Côte d'Ivoire!

That's gas. Biggest tricolour i've ever seen too. These clowns go all out

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭idnkph

What's the difference between an apple and an orange?

You never heard of an apple basta*d.

Example of an orangemans calendar...
    January
    February
    March
    March
    March
    March.....

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

[

so near the houses.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

They remove the union jack. Not all of them burn the tricolor. Many do though.

Shortly after nationalists have anti internment memorial marches etc.

T'will destroy the tarmac.
    The PSNI also have the Ombudsman looking over their shoulders, so whatever they do be assured it's closely monitored.
    Theyare largely let do what they want though lets be honest.

They are not watched as closely as republicans.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Looks like the bloody Gaza Strip

2017-07-13_new_32836753_I2.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 24,214 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Nuts

Kinda does actually.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

I see where there is a gigantic pile of pallets stacked up in an estate in Portadown which the fire service regard as a 'serious health and safety risk'. Apparently 30+ firms have been approached to remove/dismantle it but nobody will touch it. One things for certain if that was some years ago in a nationalist area the British army would be steaming in like a flash to dismantle it and anything else that was in its way.

If they were any way serious about removing it at all, they'd have the army in doing it.

Maybe if direct rule is implemented after Oct, one of the very first things the Brits will do is outlaw hate organisations such as the orange order, and ban bonfires and such that incite religious intolerance or hatred.

Can you imagine the English tolerating the same craic going on around Bradford or Birmingham by Islamic extremists where they burned effigies, spreading their hatred and threatening and menacing everyone and anyone who tried to interfere?

That would be some irony.

If they were any way serious about removing it at all, they'd have the army in doing it.

Maybe if direct rule is implemented after Oct, one of the very first things the Brits will do is outlaw hate organisations such as the orange order, and ban bonfires and such that incite religious intolerance or hatred.

Can you imagine the English tolerating the same craic going on around Bradford or Birmingham by Islamic extremists where they burned effigies, spreading their hatred and threatening and menacing everyone and anyone who tried to interfere?

That would be some irony.

I doubt they will they don't care what happens in NI.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

I doubt they will they don't care what happens in NI.

To an extent - yeah, but they also don't hold any outdated romanticism thoughts on the place either.

Look at SSM, Abortion etc.

NIMAN wrote: »
    Unfortunately it's not just knack bags as you put it.

We have Reverends in the north who want these things built and defend the builders. Politicians too.

It's a real classless culture. Most normal people in the world, if you asked them what culture was, would talk about art, music, drama, poetry etc. But culture to some is building a huge bonfire wherever they want, threatening people if they talk about moving it, loading it with tyres to poison the air, putting property at risk, and putting photos of people on it to express your sectarianism and racism.

Yeah, that's culture NI style.

I've noticed this. They have no talent for anything else. You have to admit though they do this well.

One wonders if the Orange Order sucks up all the music talent there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,859 ✭✭✭malinheader

Seen yesterday 2000 tyres had been removed from one fire. This says everything about the crowd of knuckledraggers who build and organize these bonfires.
    Saying that on a smaller scale the same happens on the 23rd of June in my area,used to be a religious day celebrated by small bonfires at night, but unfortunately now the knuckledraggers have taken that over and it's a night to burn your rubbish and use black oil and tyres for the black smoke affect. To which I may add the local council don't want to know.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,630 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    Nothing wrong with that at all, most folk just enjoy the yearly parade, I don't see anything wrong with marching bands and the playing of flutes?

I'd prefer to listen to that appliances ad with Deirdre O'Kane on loop than listen to a parade of fücking flute bands.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Edgware

At least in the nationalist areas we have the delights of overweight dirtbirds with berets and sunglasses marching along out of step with a packet of John Player Blue and the Mirror in the arse pocket

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭gooch2k9

I'd prefer to listen to that appliances ad with Deirdre O'Kane on loop than listen to a parade of fücking flute bands.

Try going to bed with it coming in the windows at 11pm, then waking up with it coming in the windows at 7am. Take a break lads!

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭filbert the fox

This morning an article about speeding penalty points and inability of the Gardai to enforce something as simple as motoring offences.
    The current rate of TV licence evasion remains at a staggering 265,000 residents in this State, despite or as a result of cringe worthy radio advertising.

What chance of Mary Lou's all Ireland Government dealing with the Loyalist extremists? Presumably not by the previous method.

Or will the tolerant population of this island put up with anything?

There is a crisis in so many areas in the State as it is. I can't imagine what my tax rate would be if the North was to be under the "control" of Dail Eireann.

Let the Taxpayer in Britain pay ad infinitum.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Here's one.

So lovely to see our nation's flag set alight like that, amazing message to send to the children in attendance.

Totally bizarre. It really is pathetic to burn the Irish flag and takes the wind out of their sails by saying it's a 'cultural event' - a 'cultural event' where hate is at the core.

Crazy listening to the awful songs being played as well. All about WW1, WW2 etc. Pathetic. These guys are completely stuck in the past.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,630 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Totally bizarre. It really is pathetic to burn the Irish flag and takes the wind out of their sails by saying it's a 'cultural event' - a 'cultural event' where hate is at the core.

Crazy listening to the awful songs being played as well. All about WW1, WW2 etc. Pathetic. These guys are completely stuck in the past.

TBF I haven't heard a contemporary rebel song yet.

Jesus that's a huge claim. I'll just about agree with it. Just.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

TBF I haven't heard a contemporary rebel song yet.

Look we can hear a rebel song from time to time in Ireland, no doubt. But I'm not aware of anything comparable to this, and certainly not as a cornerstone event on the calendar.

As far as I can make out, these lads have two big 'cultural events' and both antagonize the community:

1. Building massive, dangerous, environmentally unfriendly bonfires while burning Irish material and playing sectarian music

2. Military style Marching through areas where they disturb and disrupt their neighbours

It's pure facism.

More often than not it's pure idiocy as well. Its a worship of 'hardman/hardwoman' culture.

When the Confederate Flag isn't seen as the most controversial one, you've an issue.

_84138116_naziflag.jpg
    It's pure facism.

More often than not it's pure idiocy as well.

Despite flying an actual Swastika, they fly the Israeli flag too. Absolute knuckle-dragging troglodytes.

163311240-b07ec0ee-4550-4488-bb3d-2766bf91a357.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 24,214 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Imagine it being the center point of your year though. That's a seriously depressing outlook on life.

Such cowardice in the UK when it comes to dealing with what is quite clearly sectarian aggression.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭gooch2k9

People get convictions for "hateful tweets" in England and Wales, but sure Northern Ireland can be no different from the rest of the UK!!

When the Confederate Flag isn't seen as the most controversial one, you've an issue.

_84138116_naziflag.jpg

Despite flying an actual Swastika, they fly the Israeli flag too. Absolute knuckle-dragging troglodytes.

I know. Its because nationalists fly Palestinian flags or else nationalists fly Palestinian flags just because unionists fly Israeli flags.

The only thing that unites them is that both of those idiots hate jews and muslims if they are honest.

gooch2k9 wrote: »
    People get convictions for "hateful tweets" in England and Wales, but sure Northern Ireland can be no different from the rest of the UK!!
    They can fly ****ing swastikas and the confederate flag then set huge constructions on fire ...

Stupid little kids who think they are tough.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,859 ✭✭✭malinheader

_84138116_naziflag.jpg

Paratroopers regiment flags flying in certain parts of Derry too.
    It's not a celebration, it's a ploy to try and incite violence and hate.

Advertisement