Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Eco-Cashback Offer

• 17-05-2019 11:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,864 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Samsung have an interesting deal that just started today on Galaxy products where you can Claim cashback when you purchase eligible Galaxy products between 17 May 2019 – 27 June 2019

https://www.samsung.com/ie/eco-cashback/

Promotion Product Model/SKU Code Reward
    A70 SM-A705F €70.00
    A50 SM-A505F €55.00
    A40 SM-A405F €45.00
    A20e SM-A202F €35.00
    Tab S4 SM-T830N/SM-T835N €55.00
    Tab S5e 128GB SM-T720N/SM-T725N €45.00
    Tab S5e 64GB SM-T720N/SM-T725N €45.00
    Galaxy Watch 46mm (BT) SM-R800N €55.00
    Galaxy Watch 42mm (BT) SM-R810N €55.00
    Galaxy Watch Active SM-R500N €45.00
    Galaxy Buds SM-R170N €35.00
    AKG N700NC Wireless GP-N700 €80.00
    AKG Y500 Wireless GP-Y500 €35.00
    Evo Plus 512GB Micro SD Memory Card MB-MC512GA/EU €35.00
    Samsung Portable SSD T5 1TB MU-PA1T0B/EU €45.00
    Samsung Portable SSD T5 2TB MU-PA2T0B/EU €100.00
    Participating Retailers U.K., Channel Islands, Isle of Man

A1 Comms (Business Connected), Amazon.co.uk, AO.com, Argos, Brighthouse, BT, BT Shop, Carphone Warehouse, Currys PC World, e2save.co.uk, EE, GiffGaff, ID Mobile, Jersey Telecom, John Lewis, Littlewoods, Manx Telecom, Mobile Phones Direct, Mobiles.co.uk, O2, Samsung Experience Store, Samsung Shop Online, Selfridges, Sky, Sure, Tesco Mobile, The Smartphone Company, Three, Vodafone, Very, Virgin Mobile, Carphone Warehouse Business, Diebold Nixdorf, Bechtle, CCS Media, CDW Ltd, Chess LTD, Insight, Probrand, SCC, Softcat, Total, Computer Networks, XMA, Aerial Business Communications, Olive Comms, PC World Business, SDS, Symec Technologies, Amazon Business, Abzorb Services Limited, Intercity Technology, Jade Solutions, JTRS, PCM, Peak Ryzex, Pescado Limited, PMGC Technology Group Limited, Storm Technologies Ltd, The Barcode Warehouse, IBM, NCR, AltoDigital, Computacenter, Insight, XMA. Richer Sounds

Participating Retailers Republic of Ireland

Argos, C&C Cellular, Carphone Warehouse, Carphone Warehouse Business, Connections Limited, Currys PC World, DID Electrical, Egans Mobile Phone Store LTD, Eir, Euronics, Expert, Harvey Norman, Irish Mobile, Irwins Ltd, Kelco Communications, Kerry Phone Group, King Communications, PG Communications, Phones Made Easy, Power City, Samsung Experience Store, Samsung Shop Online, Sky, Soundstore Ireland, South West Communications, Synchro, Talk to Me, Tesco Mobile, The Smartphone Company, ThePhoneStores.ie , Three, Virgin Mobile, Vodafone Ireland, Arnott’s (Expert), Irwins Ltd, Phones Made Easy; Southwest Communications; PG Communications; Irish Mobile; Connections Limited; Appliances Delivered

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭tiredblondie

is this for real yeah?
    was planning on buying the a70 this evening from currys!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,864 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

is this for real yeah?
    was planning on buying the a70 this evening from currys!

Looks like it, was thinking of getting the a70 myself too but waiting for proper reviews

It sounds like a good phone anyway - my only concern is the size compared to my current lg g6, not the biggest fan of bigger phones so will have a look at it this evening and see

It sounds like a good phone anyway - my only concern is the size compared to my current lg g6, not the biggest fan of bigger phones so will have a look at it this evening and see

Ha, I've a G6 too. Battery isn't as great as it used to be. Camera and finger print on the a70 are not great at the moment but could get fixed with update

haha no way!! Its the battery thats the problem for me too!! It can drop around 80% overnight and constantly in the charger while in work - i'll factory reset it and still same problem!
    Been looking at the huawei p20 pro too but i'm thinking the cashback offer on samsung may sway me......although in saying that, i've never had good experiance with samsung products and how long they last!!

• Advertisement

haha no way!! Its the battery thats the problem for me too!! It can drop around 80% overnight and constantly in the charger while in work - i'll factory reset it and still same problem!
    Been looking at the huawei p20 pro too but i'm thinking the cashback offer on samsung may sway me......although in saying that, i've never had good experiance with samsung products and how long they last!!

Yeah usually have to charge it at work too. Waiting to see what honor 20 will be like and xiaomi have redmi k20 coming out soon.

Thanks for posting this by the way, i'd never had known!
    I'll update if i do get it tonight :)

Thanks for posting this by the way, i'd never had known!
    I'll update if i do get it tonight :)

No problem, I found out about it myself on hotukdeals last night

• Registered Users Posts: 13,588 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

How's the A50 vs the A70?

Huge difference, or just slightly better camera/memory on the latter? Like is there a 50% performance boost?

mrcheez wrote: »
    How's the A50 vs the A70?

Huge difference, or just slightly better camera/memory on the latter? Like is there a 50% performance boost?
    A70 is bigger and the camera has more pixels but they both suffer from the in screen fingerprint not working half the time along with the camera on both under performing. If these don’t matter to you then they are both nice phones.

https://www.kimovil.com/en/compare/samsung-galaxy-a50-a505fd-64gb,samsung-galaxy-a70

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,547 ✭✭✭Slutmonkey57b

Very poor battery life on the new A and M series from the few reviews so far. A great pity given larger batteries was supposed to be a key win this generation.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭Browney7

Presumably you can get cashback to an Irish account from a purchase on Amazon.co.uk?

Browney7 wrote: »
    Presumably you can get cashback to an Irish account from a purchase on Amazon.co.uk?

Looks that way

From the terms and conditions
    Rewards shall be awarded to Participants based on their country of residence, for example a ROI Participant purchasing a Promotion Product in the United Kingdom shall receive their Reward in Euros rather than GBP in accordance with Table 1 below.

Got it last night...so far loving it 🥰

Got it last night...so far loving it 🥰

Is it bigger than the g6 by much, how's the fingerprint and the camera. To get most of camera you need to change some settings I think or get gCam. There is a thread on xda about how to get the camera sort of working

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,129 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Very poor battery life on the new A and M series from the few reviews so far. A great pity given larger batteries was supposed to be a key win this generation.

Dunno GSMarena were praising some of the models.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,547 ✭✭✭Slutmonkey57b

Dunno GSMarena were praising some of the models.

They've got good points as phones, sure but gsmarena have taken to describing any phone that gets through a single day as having "great/excellent" battery life even when the numbers in the review aren't backing that up. The m20 gets worse battery life than phones from 2 years ago despite a 5, 000 mah battery and that's very poor.

Is it bigger than the g6 by much, how's the fingerprint and the camera. To get most of camera you need to change some settings I think or get gCam. There is a thread on xda about how to get the camera sort of working

It's a bit bigger alright but not ridiculously big (i'm not a fan of larger phones but i so far find this ok!)

https://www.phonearena.com/phones/size/Samsung-Galaxy-A70,LG-Q6/phones/11160,10596

Haven't really looked into the camera settings tbh, i need to check what's best online as i wouldn't be too good at just knowing that kind of stuff!!

Good job i didn't go with the Huawei in the end!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭return guide

Cheers OP, got some buds today, and applied for the €35 back.

Cheers OP, got some buds today, and applied for the €35 back.

How are they ? , I have been thinking of getting them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,449 ✭✭✭blastman

Browney7 wrote: »

Wondering about this too, as the Samsung Watch works out slightly cheaper on Amazon UK than from Samsung's site at the moment....anyone tried it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

blastman wrote: »
    Wondering about this too, as the Samsung Watch works out slightly cheaper on Amazon UK than from Samsung's site at the moment....anyone tried it?

Did it with their last cashback offer on an S9 with no problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 saeire

I just had a check and there is no amazon retailer when processing. how did people get around this?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭MoyVilla9

saeire wrote: »
    I just had a check and there is no amazon retailer when processing. how did people get around this?

Also interested in this. Has anyone who bought from Amazon.co.uk been able to get the cashback consdering it's not an option for the Irish site?

If you select UK instead of Ireland it should be possible, although you might need a Revolut card or similar. With the weak sterling and cashback, the black version of the 42mm watch is coming in at around €242 vs. €264 from Samsung themselves, who seem to be the cheapest Irish retailer

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,129 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

ebay is 15% off tech today on the .co.uk site. Might be worth a punt buying from the Argos store then attempting the cashback also? You'd almost get 90 off overall for the A50, for example.

Edit: Nope, T&C's specifically call out ebay as an exclusion

blastman wrote: »
    If you select UK instead of Ireland it should be possible, although you might need a Revolut card or similar. With the weak sterling and cashback, the black version of the 42mm watch is coming in at around €242 vs. €264 from Samsung themselves, who seem to be the cheapest Irish retailer

I've applied for the cashback on the Samsung watch I bought via Amazon UK, I'll update on the results. Has anyone claimed successfully yet?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Bought some ear buds on Thursday, uploaded the paperwork that night.

Got an email this morning to reattach one of the documents, did that and at about 4pm got an email to say it's been accepted subject to final checks and money will be in my account shortly.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,710 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

Got it last night...so far loving it ��

any issues with fingerprint issue?

• Advertisement

Bought some ear buds on Thursday, uploaded the paperwork that night.

Got an email this morning to reattach one of the documents, did that and at about 4pm got an email to say it's been accepted subject to final checks and money will be in my account shortly.

I'm at the same stage, had to upload additional information as the Amazon invoice didn't specifically state the model of the watch I bought :rolleyes: So now we wait....

Advertisement