Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AC/DC New album and Tour.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,554 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

When will the annual Slane rumours start ??

An Axl Rose Fronted acdc would sell very with the usual Slane goers and all that

Really enjoyed the 2015 Aviva show but sad there was know Mal (Rip) or to a lesser extent Phil Rudd. Never warmed to Rudd seems like a prick

• Registered Users Posts: 13,439 ✭✭✭✭briany

sugarman wrote: »
    Exactly, could be nothing. For all we know they could just be mixing remasters or even having a jam for the craic.

None of the band really need be there to do remasters, and if they're getting together for a jam, there's a thousand rooms around the world for that purpose. Surely we have to think that if they're at the same studio they recorded their last two albums at, they're at least attempting to do something in that vein.

sugarman wrote: »
    True but my point was let's not get carried away just yet.. could be recording a stand alone single for a film sound track or greatest hits compilation.

Time will literally tell, because if they're there for anything less than a couple of weeks, it would be hard to envisage them recording a full album worthy of release (unless the sessions are inspired - almost divinely so).

Bit left field, but Chris Slade is opening his own online jewellery store called Spirit of the Drum. Here is a somewhat odd promo he made for it.

And the site,

https://www.spiritofthedrum.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

I hate when the sources are 'unnamed', especially when the story is as weird as this so I'm not sure how much I think there's any truth to this.

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/rumor-new-ac-dc-album-to-feature-malcolm-youngs-rhythm-guitar-playing-on-all-songs/

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 875 ✭✭✭mean gene

I hate when the sources are 'unnamed', especially when the story is as weird as this so I'm not sure how much I think there's any truth to this.

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/rumor-new-ac-dc-album-to-feature-malcolm-youngs-rhythm-guitar-playing-on-all-songs/

Says Cliff Williams is involved even though he hasnt been spotted over there

• Registered Users, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,365 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 74,787 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Would be surprised if he does tour again. I presume it's relatively easy to control the noise going into his ears in a studio. Not sure of him being on stage with ear mufflers:)

Im perplexed by the whole thing -itd be great if they came out with something with malcolm on the cover a tribute album-i thought cliff williams retired and angus and phil rudd wasnt talking and johno was going deaf

Either way im delighted to hear something new is coming

• Registered Users Posts: 8,204 ✭✭✭partyguinness

It's official ACDC coming to Slane August bank holiday weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭dingdong1234567

Eh?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,431 ✭✭✭Penfailed

Starting the annual rumour again...

Gigs '21 - Stendhal Festival (July), Stendhal Festival (August), [s]Liam Gallagher & Idles[/s], King Kong Company, Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs, The Undertones, And So I Watch You From Afar

Gigs '22 - And So I Watch You From Afar, Teenage Fanclub, Mogwai, Stendhal Festival, The Fratellis, Clutch, Kurt Vile & The Violators, Electric Picnic, Vantastival, The Cure, And So I Watch You From Afar

Gigs '23 - Stiff Little Fingers, The Wood Burning Savages, Bob Log III, David Kitt, Ludovico Einaudi, DADDY LONG LEGS, The Prodigy, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, The Murder Capital, PJ Harvey, The Bonnevilles (w/Amy Montgomery, Rews, New Pagans), The Undertones (w/Buzzcocks), And So I Watch You From Afar

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

mean gene wrote: »
    Im perplexed by the whole thing -itd be great if they came out with something with malcolm on the cover

It'd be a lovely gesture and throughly deserved, but I worry that half the people who see it would look at it and go "Who's this guy who's not the guy who wears the school suit?"

Also I would say that ACDC aren't a band big on outward sentimentality, but they did include a couple of little dedications to Malcolm on Rock or Bust, so it's not totally out of the question.

Bon was 39 years dead yesterday RIP mate the best front man of all time

Penfailed wrote: »
    Starting the annual rumour again...

Totally...:D

My post has no factual basis whatsoever. Fake news.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Ah it's coming from Eddie Trunk, i'll take it with a pinch of salt, as that man loves the sound of his bloody voice.

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Ah it's coming from Eddie Trunk, i'll take it with a pinch of salt, as that man loves the sound of his bloody voice.

Wait and see I suppose. Hard too believe that Aviva show was 4 years ago

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Wait and see I suppose. Hard too believe that Aviva show was 4 years ago

Here, hard to believe Punchestown was 10 years ago...:eek:

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,650 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

It's 9 months since the whole album rumours started, would have thought some substantive news would have come out by now.

Heard this song last night, Rocker is such a blatant rip off of it, amazed they weren't sued.

• Advertisement

Official AC/DC Slane 2020.....

Too soon?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭poundhound

AC/DC are the best band I've seen live, but they are now a band in name only.

After Malcolm Young, Cliff Williams and Brian Johnston departed, Angus really should call it a day.

Touring with Steven Young, Axl Rose and someone else on bass will dilute their legacy in my opinion.

Mountcharles missed the opportunity to bring them to Slane in 2015. I'm sure he'll always regret that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭ozzy jr

I think they'd get away with another tour, if Brian Johnson was given the all clear.

Having said that, I've seen them loads of times over the years and they have been brilliant, but their last visit to Dublin in Lansdowne Road was their worst. It was very much a going through the motions concert :(

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,650 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Ten years since they played Punchestown tonight, where does the time go.

Pity we didn't have today's weather that day!

After the debacle of getting to/from the site, I doubt whether I'd go to another gig there.

I thought the rain really added to the atmostphere, not sure I'd like to go through it again however, my friend was driving and we got on the road after one, so I was oblivious to horrors people went through with buses and that.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 74,787 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

I remember it well. A long walk from, and back to, cars. A great show. I was quite literally brought back down to earth 2 days later when I had a serious crash cycling into work, suffering bad concussion and needing a skingraft around the eye. Also had to give up the ticket I had for the Wimbledon Man's final the following Sunday when Roger Federer beat Andy Roddick 16-14 in the final set

• Registered Users Posts: 16,553 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

40 years since Highway to Hell!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭ozzy jr

Please not Slane.

Advertisement