Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Jesus

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭Steve012

Is your friend 33ish wears Jerusalem Docs, have long hair and a beard and never got his hole?

ha ha!! pmsl ..... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

I'm not. But I am consciously choosing to believe.

You said you were fairly sure. I went with that as my reason for asking.

The Bible. Read it, THEN comment. Makes me laugh when people spout sh1te like experts when they havent been at Mass in years and never even read the Gospels.

Makes me laugh when people make assumptions about people they know nothing about. I was in Mass last Sunday as it happened, supervising people in my care. When the priest says ''the great mystery of this faith'' I can't help but laugh. That's basically saying it's all a bit wishy washy. Also, how do you know which branch of Christianity is correct? Catholic, Protestant, Jehovah's Witness, Mormons?

Its in the Bible- basically they're exempt, but they will still be judged on whether or not they were arseholes to other people.

Oh yes the Bible, the man made book of repute. If anyone wrote a new Gospel today they'd be considered an absolute mad man. If a woman said an angel got her up the duff, she'd be laughed at. Gas how none of these miracles happen in the age of the Smartphone isn't it!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭me_right_one

Omackeral wrote: »
    Makes me laugh when people make assumptions about people they know nothing about.

Same here. Thats why I dont do it.

Also, how do you know which branch of Christianity is correct? Catholic, Protestant, Jehovah's Witness, Mormons?

Well I'm going with Catholic, because its the original. The rest were made up afterwards.

Oh yes the Bible, the man made book of repute. If anyone wrote a new Gospel today they'd be considered an absolute mad man. If a woman said an angel got her up the duff, she'd be laughed at. Gas how none of these miracles happen in the age of the Smartphone isn't it!

You're dead right its manmade, Jesus was a man! Christians were considered mad men those times too, nobody believed Mary and even aul Joe was going to fcuk her out.

Look, I choose to believe, you dont have to, jog on.

Ha ok. Tell Jesus I said hi when he returns from the dead again or seperates himself from being a weird trio with his own father and some holy ghost. Oh and tell him to tell his da to stop giving kids cancer. K Thanks bye

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭Allinall

If he can post in Motors and After Hours without getting banned then he's the real deal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

I'm Jesus and so's my wife.

Ha ok. Tell Jesus I said hi when he returns from the dead again or seperates himself from being a weird trio with his own father and some holy ghost. Oh and tell him to tell his da to stop giving kids cancer. K Thanks bye

You can tell him yourself when you meet him. Jesus didnt give cancer to kids, modern life which you helped create did - and he's gonna ask you what YOU did to prevent it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

And he's a devout Christian.

Maybe he actually is the second coming of Christ.

If he wins the title he will be.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Didas

You can tell him yourself when you meet him. Jesus didnt give cancer to kids, modern life which you helped create did - and he's gonna ask you what YOU did to prevent it?

No he's not. He's a man who has been dead 2000 years

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭kirb42

everlast75 wrote: »
    *hands over 2 barrels of water*

"Merlot, please!"

We could do with him, When can he start....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Fleawuss

everlast75 wrote: »
    *hands over 2 barrels of water*

"Merlot, please!"

Cant be done.

Request has to be made by a Virgin.

You're dead right its manmade, Jesus was a man! Christians were considered mad men those times too, nobody believed Mary and even aul Joe was going to fcuk her out.

Where did ya hear that from, Joe wanted her to leave !?! in z bible was it?!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,152 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

Is your friend 33ish wears Jerusalem Docs, have long hair and a beard and never got his hole?

Mary Magdalene would say otherwise.

Steve012 wrote: »
    Where did ya hear that from, Joe wanted her to leave !?! in z bible was it?!

Yep. He wasnt happy at all. Have a read of it yourself if you dont believe me.

Yep. He wasnt happy at all. Have a read of it yourself if you dont believe me.

I believe ya!, poor auld Joe, I often thought that when I was a wee one. He must of thought she cheated.

Steve012 wrote: »
    I believe ya!, poor auld Joe, I often thought that when I was a wee one. He must of thought she cheated.

It gets better. They weren't married at the time, so Joe thought that he might be accused of raping her. If she wasnt leaving, then he would. He was getting ready to leggit. Different times, same problems.

So the whole myth about the Catholic Church being anti-single mothers and anti-unmarried sex etc. is utter, utter, bollox. Usually espoused by those who know nothing about the church or the Bible. Jesus himself was born to an unmarried mother.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Cortina_MK_IV

It'd make a great episode of Jeremy Kyle.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭Glenster

This whole thing seems like its generating a lot of fuss, hes a pretty chill guy, he doesnt really do conflict.

This might all be a bit much for him. I'll recommend that he lays low for a while and when he does come out as jesus I'll tell him to do the whole float from the sky thing if everyone thinks it will help.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,024 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

He is going to be angry as fcuk over the treatment he got the last time he was here

• Registered Users Posts: 16,109 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Em, guys, we've already had the second coming. He died and two days later he rose from the dead. That's it. That's the whole shebang. No more coming back, especially after 2000 years.

And he won't be judging anyone. He's dead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,109 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

He is going to be angry as fcuk over the treatment he got the last time he was here

He's going to be super pissed when he hears what happened the Jews.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Mr. FoggPatches

The new Jesus would put his phone away for 40 days and 40 nights, have a cheeky nandos with 12 of his mates on good Friday, be arrested later that day and sentenced to 4 years but be let out on the Sunday as there is no space.
    He returns as a hero to his skanger mates for beating the system.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

I could be the new jesus. I've a beard.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,999 ✭✭✭✭Esel

It gets better. They weren't married at the time, so Joe thought that he might be accused of raping her. If she wasnt leaving, then he would. He was getting ready to leggit. Different times, same problems.

So the whole myth about the Catholic Church being anti-single mothers and anti-unmarried sex etc. is utter, utter, bollox. Usually espoused by those who know nothing about the church or the Bible. Jesus himself was born to an unmarried mother.

So the Magdalen laundries never happened? What about the Holocaust?

Not your ornery onager

One of the best pieces of literature and philosophy ever written in any language is a sort of 'What if Jesus returned' from Dostoevsky:

The Grand Inquisitor

Well worth taking time out to soak its impact up.

He's not gonna ask me that I don't think. Also, I can't speak Hebrew.

You know how God is all knowing and omnipotent etc and made everyone here on Earth. Then why did he make some people gay and then turn around and condemn homosexuality? Why did he make them that way in the first place like?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,152 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

He's not gonna ask me that I don't think. Also, I can't speak Hebrew.

You know how God is all knowing and omnipotent etc and made everyone here on Earth. Then why did he make some people gay and then turn around and condemn homosexuality? Why did he make them that way in the first place like?

You have to admit that Jesus really is an auld ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

If he could turn Buckfast into wine I'd follow him anywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Arghus wrote: »
    If he could turn Buckfast into wine I'd follow him anywhere.

Buckfast is more exspensive than wine ffs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭johnty56

Wouldn't most of these replies, whilst indeed funny, be technically prosecutable offences under our blasphemy laws?

Advertisement