Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

FREE texts to ANY network ANYTIME on prepay O2

• 31-01-2008 8:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭

Even though its already on the mobiles board HERE I think this deserves a mention in bargain alerts

taken from Siliconrepublic.com........

With the majority of Irish mobile users on prepaid price plans, existing and potential O2 customers will be happy to hear the mobile operator has a new price plan that offers free texts for life to any mobile network at any time.

The new price plan, O2 Experience, is for prepaid customers who top up their phone credit by at least €20 per month and will be available from tomorrow, Friday 1 February.
    While new customers can sigh up for the O2 price plan until 30 April 2008, existing O2 customers can also switch over from the existing prepaid Speakeasy model.
    This free text offering makes O2 the first mobile operator to give its prepaid customers the option to avail of free texts, no matter the network or time they call at.
    The O2 Experience plan also provides for mobile users who do not text heavily: again, it is for those topping up by a minimum of €20 per month and they can choose the ‘free unlimited calls’ option allowing them to make free calls to ten O2 numbers of their choosing.
    Also, for those who spend a minimum of €30 per month, the free calls and texts come together as a bundle.
    Vodafone currently offers its prepaid customers free texts for life for a minimum top-up of €20 per month, but this is only for texts sent to other Vodafone customers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭Canonfan

Good news.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭hawthorn

Im on billpay, and regularly get pi***d off that the speakeasy people seem to get all these free text bargains!!!

h:mad:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

hawthorn wrote: »
    Im on billpay, and regularly get pi***d off that the speakeasy people seem to get all these free text bargains!!!

h:mad:

Me too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭apollodjs

They have 3 new Speakeasy price plans LINK

Some things to note:
    *** Calls to other Irish mobile networks 49c per min (Anytime).
    *** A minimum charge of 5c applies to all connected domestic calls.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

w00t, *keeps prepay close for when im back in Ireland*
    I've been waiting for them to do something like this for years, about time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭Brianb8802

kearnsr wrote: »
    Me too

Three, nearly be tempted to ring them up.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

apollodjs wrote: »
    Some things to note:

And here was me thinking it was a good deal. Always read the small priont i guess...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭RubyXI

This is rediculous. I mean it's great for people on prepay, but i switched to bill pay thinking twas a better deal and ever since its been all offers for prepays. is there any advantage to being on bill pay except the cheaper and better range of phone?

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭steve 0

I wouldn't get too excited about it unless you rarely call people on another network.
    There's a few obvious selling points but as apollodjs said according to the new price plans no matter what you sign up to if you want to call another network its 49c per minute all the time. :eek:
    Also voicemail is 15c all times now too, @ least on the old plans its reduced to 12c for the weekends.
    Do they really think this will attract people from other networks :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭leinstergurl

apollodjs wrote: »
    They have 3 new Speakeasy price plans LINK

Some things to note:
    *** A minimum charge of 5c applies to all connected domestic calls.

Jeeze i was very tempted to move until i saw the 49c per minute..ouch!!:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

Sticking with meteor tbh. Have free texts for life to all networks which they were giving out for three years people!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭skywalker

SetantaL wrote: »
    Sticking with meteor tbh. Have free texts for life to all networks which they were giving out for three years people!

Meteor only give free texts to meteor. they still charge for texts to other networks. Hence people this offer getting people talking.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,024 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

SetantaL wrote: »

I think you will find that it only meteor to meteor that are free.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

I have 300 free online texts/month to all Irish mobiles with vodafone.
    Good enough for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭Oracle

hawthorn wrote: »
    Im on billpay, and regularly get pi***d off that the speakeasy people seem to get all these free text bargains!!! h:mad:

Just one suggestion for you Hawthorn, downgrade to prepay. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭steve 0

Bump!
    For anyone that is interested in this but hasn't switched yet (especially those enjoying Vodafone to Vodafone free calls & texts all day every day until 01/06) the sign up period is now extended.
    It was 30/04, its now Thursday 31/07/08

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭Genghis

Does anyone know what happens if you buy a text bundle when on the o2 Experience plan (the free talk and text to 10 numbers one). Ideally texts to your free numbers would not come out of you bundle, but I wouldn't like to guess it is so.

Advertisement