Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wow Classic (Ireland)

• 03-11-2018 1:04am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

So with Blizzcon going on at the minute and the wow classic demo underway i'm thinking about about starting an Irish guild when Classic goes live. I've played private servers over the years and have an understanding of the game. With classic being about community and all taught it might be an idea to get an Irish guild going. Looking for thoughts at this time.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭killanena

I played vanilla beta up to the end of wotlk and have gone back for a short time for nearly every expansion yet. Played on a lot of different private servers over the years as well.

I'll definitely be picking up WoW classic when its released. Will be rolling a horde priest.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Insidious

Yep..I'm coming back to Wow with classic too!

Nice, I have played on private servers on and off for a good few years. Done the whole 1-60 a good few times so im confident I can get to 60 within 2 months without over doing it. Too old for WoW to be life again :P

What faction / class you rolling?

Im going horde and probably warlock as its one of the old classes I haven't done vanilla content with.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Relikk

Can't wait for the end of August now. My main was an Undead Mage (Rank 10) in Classic, and got to C'Thun in AQ40 a couple of weeks before TBC but never managed to kill him.

I want to roll an Undead Priest for PvP this time. There was one on our server that was pretty much unkillable 1v1 and I always wanted to try one out. The thoughts of levelling one with no interest in healing was/is the killer, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Leveling a vanilla priest was painful, i mained a priest for vanilla and for TBC/WOTLK, and getting 1-60 was a slog.. And swapping from Shadow to holy for dungeons wasnt really an option due to costs.

Are they staying true to the Vanilla ways? As in is it gonna be costly to respecc each time?

I havent looked into anything really regarding wow classic, so dont know how true they will stick to the original Vanilla. I can see alot of people getting irritated and impatient with the old ways.

Is there a page anywhere detailing what they wont be keeping or what wont be changing from the original Vanilla?

• Advertisement

Priest isn't the worst to level in vanilla (as shadow), handy trick is to use some lower rank spells to save mana. By far the hardest class to level solo is warrior unless you get good gear drops every few levels your going to spend most of your time trying to just pull 1 or 2 mobs and spend 20 seconds eating after every time..

As far as I've seen so far from watching streamers play the beta is the only difference between vanilla and classic is you can toggle graphics to be new or classic. Other then that everything else seems to be spot on so in guessing repecs are going to get costly fast :p.

RopeDrink wrote: »
    Priest is fine to level, in the sense that you're under drastically less threat from mobs due to shields/heals, can wand everything to death for mana-regen, and only have to concern yourself with kill-speed. Even if it's slow-killing, the fact there's no drinking or downtime outside of that means you can just truck along at a semi-decent pace, whereas a Warrior would have to pick their fights carefully, 1 or 2 mobs, eat, rinse-repeat.

If I was to go to Classic, I'd either level a Priest or Shaman. Back in vanilla I played as Rogue, which was a nice experience as you can treat levelling like stealthy shenanigans (even if it has similar problems to Warrior, albeit better defensive CD's and escapes), but I get the feeling I'd heal like I do now in present WoW.

Rogues are nice for lock boxes and locked chests too :) very helpful for making money. Healing in vanilla would be too dull to keep my interest for long tbh.

I was actually on a private server called Retro-WoW last night that is instant level 60 and pre raid BIS. Only going to to try out all the classes and specs against the target dummies they have in the spawn area and I still cant decide.
    Warlock is still high in the books but I like Shaman, Rogue, Mage and Paladin too. Although I want to play horde so i guess that crosses Paladin off the list :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭uncle_sam_ie

I'm really looking forward to classic WoW. I was still on dial-up internet at the time so, never got to play it. My strategy is to make gold on my virgin server by setting up a banking guild with some friends on day one. Then making loads of alts to store loot. I wont have the time to race to 60 so, I'll probably just go with a mage to grind mobs and level a priest when I'm grouped with friends .

What profs you guys plan on taking? I'm going to go alch / herb while leveling and alch / enchanting when awhile after maxed. Keep all the boe's I get while leveling on a bank alt for disenchanting down the road. Scan the AH a few times a day for cheap herbs and make a killing off flasks and potions.

I will also level fishing and cooking. A handy tip for ye all, there is a fish you can only catch between may and September and another you can only catch between September and March. The summer one can be used to make the best agi food in the game so with only a month window to catch these finish you will make a killing if you horde them till Christmas :)

I wonder if the auction houses will be separate like they were in early vanilla or merged (faction city Auction houses).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Also coming back for Classic Wow. Quit the game shortly after WotLK release and came back for a few expansions here and there....they didn't keep my attention long, a month at most

I played an Undead Mage in classic Wow and TBC. Vurtne was my Wow idol, was all about the PvP. But i played Shaman on alliance for most of my TBC/WotLK experience. I think ill roll a Horde Shaman and get a feel for how Windfury was back in the day. I've seen videos of 2handed Orc Shamans 1 shotting people with WF procs. Seems nuts

• Advertisement

BTW Uncle Sam, no Guild banks in vanilla. Smaller personal bank too and one less bag slot for your bank. It wasn't uncommon to have a main and an alt and then the rest of your slots as bankers.

Ench shaman are fun :) fast to level too. WF can proc off itself again and again. Then if you add items that give a damage proc or extra hit you can get some insane hits off. Its all down to luck though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Have a look at this gentlemen. Anyone remember this questline? What an epic quest! I remember i started it and quickly ran out of money and thus never completed it. Funny thing was the gear gained from it was apparently not even that good. If you where already raiding MC then there was no reason to even do this quest!

Linking this reaction instead of the original as its abit dull.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

Was/Is there a public beta for this before it (re)launches at the end of next month?

Zero interest in wow in it's latest incarnation but i'd be up for some oldskool levelling in vanilla/classic

• Registered Users Posts: 1 edi1

• Registered Users Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

I'll jump in my time-machine and find out for you, I'll message you three years ago.

Advertisement