Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

electiric tipper

• 17-10-2011 7:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭

hope this is the right place for this im looking for an hydrolic tipper that will work of a battery im building a tralier for my quad and i want to fit it to it im looking for a second hand one any help would be great

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

You will get what you need of an old tail lift or a wheelchair lift on a minibus.

Make sure it is 12v and not 24!

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭eire1990

Thanks for the relply would that do it would there be enough power to tip a fairly heavy load how would ya know if it was 12 or 24 volt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

The bigger the width of the ram, the heavier a load you would be able to tip.

It will be printed on the side of the motor

• Registered Users Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭cargo

Second what Slidey said above. A 2nd hand electro/hydralic powerpack from a taillift or similar should do what you need. That should be enough to drive whatever frame & ram you make up.

You should get them from about 150 - 250 depending what you need and whether it's 12v / 24v. I know someone that normally has 24v s/h units but I'd have to ask if he has any 12v. Let me know if you're still looking.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭eire1990

cargo wrote: »
    Second what Slidey said above. A 2nd hand electro/hydralic powerpack from a taillift or similar should do what you need. That should be enough to drive whatever frame & ram you make up.

You should get them from about 150 - 250 depending what you need and whether it's 12v / 24v. I know someone that normally has 24v s/h units but I'd have to ask if he has any 12v. Let me know if you're still looking.
    hi im still looking for one of these if that guy has any let me know thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭cargo

eire1990 wrote: »
    hi im still looking for one of these if that guy has any let me know thanks

Hi eire1990, I dropped you a PM with his number. Try him and see if he has anything.

Advertisement