Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

John Prine

• 30-03-2020 7:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭

Very worrying reports that John Prine has contracted the virus. You'd have to fear for him with his history of serious health issues.

John Prine critical with Covid 19 symptoms

Truly one of the great singer songwriters who has finally got the recognition that he deserves. I discovered him in the early 80s and he has been one of my favourite artists ever since. Here's hoping that he can battle this and pull through.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭ollaetta

John Prine RIP

This is from The Sessions filmed in the Point Depot in 1989.

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭8mv

Sad and cruel - I thought he was getting through it. One of those songwriters that I like a lot but didn't investigate as much as I should have, but the few albums of his that I've got in my collection are very impressive.

• Registered Users Posts: 84,319 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭dixiefly

ollaetta wrote: »
    Very worrying reports that John Prine has contracted the virus. You'd have to fear for him with his history of serious health issues.

John Prine critical with Covid 19 symptoms

Truly one of the great singer songwriters who has finally got the recognition that he deserves. I discovered him in the early 80s and he has been one of my favourite artists ever since. Here's hoping that he can battle this and pull through.

Likewise, I was very concerned when I heard that he had contracted it. Acually I was quite worried when I heard Fiona had contracted it.

When this started off, outside close family, I said that I really hoe that John Prine and Randy Newman dont get it as they are unique songwriters, once in a generation type individuals.

Advertisement