Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Volunteer First Responder organisation in Naas?

Options
  • 20-06-2013 9:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

I'm interested in being a volunteer first responder. I live in Naas, I work in Bray. I'm not aware of any such organisation in Naas, probably because it's got a damn big hospital minutes away from most estates. However... I still feel the need.

Does anyone know if there is such an organisation in the Naas area. I have absolutely no medical qualifications but willing to learn.

I just don't know where to look.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭iceage

Civil Defence, Red Cross, Check out your nearest units.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,316 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

I had forgotten about this thread....

...It took me a while but Naas Cardiac First Responders [under the HSE] went live on 2 November 2018. I wasn't the actual founder but I was present at the very first meeting and am no Vice Chair. We now have about 15 responders on active duty each taking 24 hour shifts [mainly the weekends but unofficially cover the weekdays too] in a buddy system, having responded to over 80 related incidents since we launched.

Advertisement