Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Your ''I'm on holidays'' weather report.

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

I'm off to Malaga first thing in the morning, it reached 39C in the Malaga region today, much cooler there from tomorrow with a temperature of around 28C till the weekend then warming up into the low 30's. Looking forward to my dose of warm to hot sunshine.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

arrived safely in Malaga, Misty and cloudy at Malaga with a temperature of 25C, drove to Fuengirola where I'm staying and it's beautiful sunny and 27C.

got to 29C today in Fuengirola, was forcasted to be 27C, I'm expecting a nice 30C tomorrow rising to low 30's next week and possibly higher if the plume from Africa really gets fired up (this is expected to reach much of the UK too and possibly shave close to eastern Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭Darwin

Yes they have an article on another rerun of the heatwave on meteofrance:
    http://www.meteofrance.com/accueil#close
    (Nouvel épisode de canicule)
    I'm in South East France and we are expecting 30-35 which is bearable, as long as the humidity doesn't skyrocket. The night time temps are a killer though with minimums of 28c forecast.

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭eastmayo

33d in palmanova clear sky's...upto 37d next few days....Just got to find a good pub 2 watch the gaa matchs 2day and 2morrow

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

Amalfi Coast.......around 30/32*c the whole week.

very hot here in Fuengirola, temperature about 32C, feels about 36C.

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭Pops_20

Hit 33C in London here today. Very bearable heat though and didn't feel that humid. Pity we don't get regular nice summers at home like they do.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Fine evening here in West Clare, Kilkee

nearing the end of my holiday in Southern Spain, today has by far been the hottest day of the holiday with temperature reaching 37C earlier in the afternoon and feeling pleasant due to a nice cool onshore wind. I'll miss the high temperatures next week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭Darwin

After a hot few days with temps into the mid 30s, cooling down to 27c today (Nice, France). Thunderstorms close by but not overhead yet

cVONgko.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭gebbel

In the Spanish city of Cordoba in Andalusia. About 34 degrees with full blue skies and no chance of rain or cloud. Too hot for some, perfect for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭pablo128

Benalmadena. Dunno what temperature it is but it's lovely and warm, the slightest of breezes and not a cloud in the sky. Perfect holiday weather.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭traco

SW Florida, hot and sticky with lots of rumbles of thunder. Temps 90-95 and humidity is nice and high.

just back home this evening from Malaga, feels very chilly here in comparison. The past few days in Fuengirola were beautiful, about 30C. No clouds or showers over the entire two weeks. This weekend is looking very hot in the Malaga region with mid to high 30's possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭clever user name

33 in Xi'an, China. 50% humidity, feels a little sticky but not unbearable. Better than last weekend where it was 39 and humid as hell.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Nabber

I was in Mauze Sur la Mignon (France) for two weeks. Got back on the weekend.
    Temps hit 40.5c. It wasn't an enjoyable heat!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭Call me Al

A truly glorious beach day in Mulranny Co Mayo today. It was absolutely exquisite. 20 degrees, flat calm, and wall to wall sunshine.

Absolute perfection.

If we had more of it, I'd never ask to leave the place and go to hotter climates.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭ZX7R

South East Poland 24c ,sun and fluffy cloud's a few thunder storms forecast later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Malaga 27 degrees glorious sunshine no clouds.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,774 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Sicily....Hasn't dipped below 30 all week. Full sun every day. Another week of heat ahead!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,281 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

arrived in athens today 32 blue skies

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

Staycation. Costa del Laois. Bucketing rain from the sky. Start of a long week it seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,135 ✭✭✭highdef

Waiting for bus into Venice. Currently 30c and quite humid. I'm on the border of a level 2 severe weather warning so hoping for sparks later.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭boetstark

Hard to find words to describe last few days in limerick. Miserable, depressing , brutal , I could go on.
    A two week holiday in malaga was curtailed after just 1 day due to family illness. Since we returned on 22nd July not one good day.
    Weather isnt everything but it helps to lift the mood a little.
    Hope posters had enjoyable summer holidays

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

boetstark wrote: »
    Hard to find words to describe last few days in limerick. Miserable, depressing , brutal , I could go on.
    A two week holiday in malaga was curtailed after just 1 day due to family illness. Since we returned on 22nd July not one good day.
    Weather isnt everything but it helps to lift the mood a little.
    Hope posters had enjoyable summer holidays

I’m not doubting for one minute what your saying and I am Agreeing with you but I’m the summer thread you’ll find someone saying it was a great July in Limerick.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭Rebelbrowser

highdef wrote: »
    Waiting for bus into Venice. Currently 30c and quite humid. I'm on the border of a level 2 severe weather warning so hoping for sparks later.

High Def, Im in Lido Jesolo about 10 km north of Venice and in the middle of f*** off thunderstorm right now! Forecast was right. Rain is biblical and blue flashes everywhere. Im under a canvass awning half petrified, half loving it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn II

Andalusia - max temp of 34-36 daily. Humidity 20-30%

• Registered Users Posts: 6,135 ✭✭✭highdef

High Def, Im in Lido Jesolo about 10 km north of Venice and in the middle of f*** off thunderstorm right now! Forecast was right. Rain is biblical and blue flashes everywhere. Im under a canvass awning half petrified, half loving it!

Truly amazing storm, so it was with strikes literally every second or less. Looks like the core was closer to your location so would say it was even more crazy for you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭ZX7R

Experienced proper mammatus clouds yesterday,there was high level lightning and long long rumble's of thunder with it,then my first proper shelf cloud rolled in and all hell broke loose,heavy hail strong winds lightning increased to a flash Evey 3 seconds lasted near an hour.
    It was brilliant.
    South East Poland.
    There was a second thunder storm during the night , slept through it sadly

Advertisement