Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2019 racing calendar

• 12-12-2018 2:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭

when is it usually finalised by and available to the public?

Has there been any news on the Ras yet?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,800 ✭✭✭fat bloke

Taxuser1 wrote: »

Yep. It's going ahead for definite. September 2019.

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Chumpski

January or February 2019 I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭JimmiesRustled

Article on the independent this morning suggested that we should know the end of the week. It was mentioned that if a company are seriously interested and need a bit of time before signing the announcement may be pushed back a little.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

Taxuser1 wrote:

A lad from UCD told me a few weeks back that it definitely wasn't going ahead as an 8day event anymore, possibly a 5 day event but that they didn't think anything this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭wav1

A lad from UCD told me a few weeks back that it definitely wasn't going ahead as an 8day event anymore, possibly a 5 day event but that they didn't think anything this year.
    Thats all merely speculation as regards the ras.not dead in the water yet.people still tirelessly working away at it.
    As for the calender.the drafts are now complete and the finsl calender will be sorted be weekend

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭royrogers

Anyone know when the CI calendar will be out??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭Taxuser1

we at least know Drogheda Wheelers events in fairness to Ger. Shay Elliot is understood to be same Sunday in May as per last year.

Maybe more clubs could fess up their events?

https://twitter.com/gerardcam/status/1079688624717864962

• Registered Users Posts: 3,121 ✭✭✭daragh_

we at least know Drogheda Wheelers events in fairness to Ger. Shay Elliot is understood to be same Sunday in May as per last year.

Maybe more clubs could fess up their events?

The St. Tiernan's CC Laragh Classic will be on Saturday 31st of August

• Registered Users Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭wav1

Season kicks off in leinster sat march 2nd
    2nd mick lally summerhill
    Sun 3rd cycleways cup navan
    Sat 9th clonard
    Sun 10th newbridge
    Sat 16th lucan gp
    Sun 24th boyne gp
    Sun 31st des hanlon
    Sun apr 7th bohereen
    Sat apr 13th peter bidwell.mem
    Sun apr 14th coombes connor
    13/14 ras na n'og
    20/21/22 gorey 3day
    22nd ras an laois
    29th deenside cup
    Thats the first 2 months weekends racing in leinster

The Des is a week later - that's a good thing.

• Advertisement

See Lucan managed to get their old date back.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭sullzz

Calendar released lads, get planning :D

Not seeing anything for the weekends on it really.

Not seeing anything for the weekends on it really.

It's a full calendar, did you select road race on the classification drop down ?

sullzz wrote:
    It's a full calendar, did you select road race on the classification drop down ?

See that now

See that now

You going to give it a lash this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Macy0161

sullzz wrote: »
    It defaulted to a filter that didn't include road or road race for me too. They saved it with the filters on rather than off.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,346 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

They also seem not to have the Provincial filters working, which may not bother those of you who can travel to exotic parts of Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,562 ✭✭✭harringtonp

CramCycle wrote: »
    They also seem not to have the Provincial filters working, which may not bother those of you who can travel to exotic parts of Ireland.

Filter don't seem to work (on chrome anyway). Set them both to "all" and you see what is on.

It would be great if they could get the filters working... I've never raced in Ulster

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Macy0161

I'm definitely only racing within a certain distance of home this year! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,598 ✭✭✭✭dahat

As I'm not chasing upgrades this year or ever agon I'll pick n choose where I go with all the local races done for sure.

I'll lilkely travel to places I know and where I may be respectable rather than get hammered up hills far away from home!

Fermoy, Carrick, Raparee Cup, Collins Crit, Clonmel 2 Stage are main targets with Shannonsidey furthest trip of the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,562 ✭✭✭harringtonp

dahat wrote: »
    As I'm not chasing upgrades this year or ever agon I'll pick n choose where I go with all the local races done for sure.

I'll lilkely travel to places I know and where I may be respectable rather than get hammered up hills far away from home!

Fermoy, Carrick, Raparee Cup, Collins Crit, Clonmel 2 Stage are main targets with Shannonsidey furthest trip of the year.

Yes it's nice not to be chasing an upgrade. Seen guys driving themselves mad doing so.

The main buzz for me has been repeating races I like and trying a couple of new ones each year.

Lot to be said for going with flow. I usually do a little over 10 open races each year (2 of them being stage) and wonder how guys manage to keep.going week in and out.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,598 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Yes it's nice not to be chasing an upgrade. Seen guys driving themselves mad doing so.

The main buzz for me has been repeating races I like and trying a couple of new ones each year.

Lot to be said for going with flow. I usually do a little over 10 open races each year (2 of them being stage) and wonder how guys manage to keep.going week in and out.

I'll have some sort of plan alright but I'll be realistic with races as no point emptying the body on unsuitable courses.

Wexford 2 day could be something at year end depending on form & if we had a few lads going.

dahat wrote: »
    I'll have some sort of plan alright but I'll be realistic with races as no point emptying the body on unsuitable courses.

Wexford 2 day could be something at year end depending on form & if we had a few lads going.

Wexford 2 day is savage craic. You can also try their other races earlier in the year for a taste as they cover similar circuits to stage 1

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭fondriest

Wexford 2 day is savage craic. You can also try their other races earlier in the year for a taste as they cover similar circuits to stage 1

I was told yesterday that even though its in the calendar the Wexford 2 day is very unlikely to happen.

fondriest wrote: »
    I was told yesterday that even though its in the calendar the Wexford 2 day is very unlikely to happen.

Again?!? I heard the same rumours last year and they pulled it a few days before payday. My family will be happy but that's it. I wonder could they just run it as three separate events with the yellow jersey being an unofficial token at the end, would cut down on costs immensely I imagine.

in fairness to the wexford lads (across the county) they always put on races. see the Masters champs are in Gorey this year. never rode Gorey so wonder what kind of road circuits are down there, hilly or flat?

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭TGD

No Rás Tailteann?? Anyone know what’s happening, or not?

TGD wrote: »
    No RTailteann?? Anyone know what’s happening, or not?

It's on the calendar for 19th May start.

• Advertisement

in fairness to the wexford lads (across the county) they always put on races. see the Masters champs are in Gorey this year. never rode Gorey so wonder what kind of road circuits are down there, hilly or flat?
    Savage races, hence my disappointment. I think they should, if a numbers game, open sooner rather than later. The other is, there is an increased cost of a two day and providing overnight accommodation and support, run it as three separate races with the yellow jersey as a non commisair award for the fastest average over the three.

Advertisement