Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Marathon 2010

1373839404143»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭xebec

robinph wrote: »
    I found that as well, with Chrome getting the alignment wrong so you could only see the top corner of the picture. If it is Chrome getting it wrong, or their messing about with invisible jpg's over the top of the image to try and stop people grabbing the pictures is another matter entirely.

Yeah, not saying it's Chrome's fault, just that it doesn't display correctly. Didn't have the time/inclination to go searching through the source code to see what the problem was - Marathon Foto should have a team doing that anyway...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,051 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

3 stars (average)
    They certainly won't have anyone trying to figure out how to get the pictures to display properly so we can screen grab them. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭BarneyMc

4 stars (good)
    Thanks guys, yes it's a Chrome issue... tried in Internet Explorer and the photos show up fine. Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭Getonwithit

Was Linda Byrne running in the marathon, thought I saw her in Phoneix park??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭misty floyd

4 stars (good)
    Was Linda Byrne running in the marathon, thought I saw her in Phoneix park??

Dropped out at half way I heard.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,051 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

3 stars (average)
    In the absence of any telly coverage over here I've resorted to YouTube. This is apparently about 10km to go:

The 3hr pace group goes through the shot at about 2:10 and I'm just on the back of the group having a drink at that point. I must have made up some time as the 4th or 5th person going past at the beginning of the clip I know I was only just over a minute behind by the finish.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭Condo131

4 stars (good)
    Good coverage in the Indo today. Pacers get a nice mention.

2 small but memorable things from yesteday's race. A guy from Eagle AC was running with a sign 'cancer survivor'. After Roebuck he was constantly having to stop and stretch as he must have had cramp. He kept getting back into his stride and running on. He was getting huge shouts of encouragement from the crowd. Everyone knew his name. On the front of his vest he had John - Cancer surivor. Fair play to you John. You are a lesson to the rest of us.

In the closing stages I saw Johnny Donnelly stop mid stride to assist a runner that had gone into cramp. A selfless act of kindness.
    Only spotted this post today.....Thanks Slogger J!......That was me!

As you say, I got absolutely fabulous support all the way round - It certainly gave me a lift......and hopefully give boost to others dealing with Cancer in their lives - that was the primary point of the 'cancer survivor' strips.

Got a 'bulging muscle cramp' about 19.5 miles ...thought I'd have my first ever DNF, but managed to get going again. However the constant 'stop start' got to me and I jogged/walked the last few miles.

I probably was too ambitious, but what the hell, I felt like giving it a good lash. Anyway....a month later...having licked my wounds....I'm wondering can I break 3 again??? Hmmmm....we'll see.:rolleyes::D:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 586 ✭✭✭devotional1993

Dropped out at half way I heard.

Went out way too fast. Cant understand it. She wasnt the only one either. Did she not look at her watch?

3 stars (average)
    Just got my copies from ExpensiveRaceFotos.com. Although the one running under the clock is what I was really after, this is a pretty good one I thought:
    5277381574_508d4dfdac.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 19,495 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

3 stars (average)
    Just got my copies from ExpensiveRaceFotos.com. Although the one running under the clock is what I was really after, this is a pretty good one I thought:
    Cracking photo. And nice to have your own personal pacer. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭liamo123

3 stars (average)

Excellent foto alright..Pacer ( cant remember his name but helped alot of us out ) looks like he could run another 26 miles :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,340 ✭✭✭TFBubendorfer

4 stars (good)

I can't help but notice you looking absolutely knackered and Jason looking rather relaxed and slightly amused at your effort ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭nerraw1111

That pacer looks like he could do a lap of honour

3 stars (average)
    I can't help but notice you looking absolutely knackered and Jason looking rather relaxed and slightly amused at your effort ...

What... no... you've got us mixed up... I'm the one on the left who looks like he's out for a relaxing Monday morning stroll. Dunno who the knackered looking chap on the right is. None of that is true. :D

I think that might be misty_floyds elbow sneaking into the shot on the far right as well.

Here's someone else who sneaked their way into my pictures as well: ;)

5276769245_95ccb4fa34.jpg

5277378532_5e43b0a2f0.jpg

4 stars (good)
    How about this one:
    -dublin+2+033.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭anymore

Any link for Company doing the photos please ?

4 stars (good)
    anymore wrote: »
    Any link for Company doing the photos please ?
    Company?? Company?? :):cool:
    Joe Murphy of Eagle AC
    Finish Line
    Approx. 4 Miles

More from Alan Bannon, Eagle AC, from Walkinstown.
    This is my one.

.....Oh!......... and the official Marathon photographs are available here. Select race and enter your last name and/or bib no.

3 stars (average)
    ...not forgetting Racepix.com.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭digger2d2

4 stars (good)
    I'm absolutely shocked at how fresh the pacer looks...

3 stars (average)
    I was just looking as knackered as I could in that picture to make him look good.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭digger2d2

4 stars (good)
    I was just looking as knackered as I could in that picture to make him look good.

No better way to thank a pacer....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,608 ✭✭✭donothoponpop

4 stars (good)
    digger2d2 wrote: »
    I'm absolutely shocked at how fresh the pacer looks...

Two short years ago he ran DM in a (then) pb 2:55- and decided he could up his game a little, started applying proper training techniques. He's a total inspiration as a runner, and is coming on in leaps and bounds. Looking to get closer to 2:30 now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭anymore

Condo131 wrote: »
    Company?? Company?? :):cool:
    Joe Murphy of Eagle AC
    Finish Line
    Approx. 4 Miles

More from Alan Bannon, Eagle AC, from Walkinstown.
    This is my one.

.....Oh!......... and the official Marathon photographs are available here. Select race and enter your last name and/or bib no.

Thanks for info -photos are good.

Advertisement