Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

€15 - 20GB + Unlimited any network calls and texts + free roaming - Lycamobile

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭NATLOR

Ush1 wrote: »
    Thanks lads, I'm an idiot. Not used to prepay.:)

FYI There is a way of only paying 7.50 a month if you can avoid using texts

Month 1 top up by 15 euro you get all calls, 15gb data and keep your 15 euro

Month 2 use the 15 euro to buy the Ireland Plus bundle

Just make sure not to use auto renew

• Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭ian_m

zell12 wrote: »
    Updated deal with the extra GBs & texts

As earlier stated, with Lyca:
    Month1 - Topup by €15, get free calls, 15gb, keep the €15
    Month2 - Use the €15 to buy a IrelandPlus, free calls, free texts, 25gb.
    Net cost is €7.50pm
    The free credit cannot be used to purchase additional Lycamobile products (i.e. bundles, roaming Services)
    https://www.lycamobile.ie/en/top-up-offers
    Anyone had any issues with this?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

ian_m wrote: »
    The free credit cannot be used to purchase additional Lycamobile products (i.e. bundles, roaming Services)

Nope.

Biggest issues are to remember not to text for the first month, and to remember to put on reminder to pay for 2nd month with the credit before it starts being used as phone credit.

That is correct any free credit you receive from Lyca cant be used to buy any of their products

The post you quoted is nothing to do with free credit

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭pjq

As I understand it Free Credit is when thy gave u an extra bonus credit of €1.50 when u topped up by €15- . They don't give this bonus at the moment.

BTW , don't overlook the €9 National S Bundle for light users
    300 National Mins ,300 National Text + 1 GB National Data+ EU Roaming

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,461 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

I filled in the transfer mobile number on the site but haven't received the verification code over SMS. Clicked resend an all. Does it normally take a long time to receive?

I filled in the transfer mobile number on the site but haven't received the verification code over SMS. Clicked resend an all. Does it normally take a long time to receive?

Okay so phoned support and they told me they can't transfer my number from Virgin Mobile, so I would have to port my number to another provider like Three first and then port it over from Three to Lyca.

Absolutely ridiculous!:mad:

Okay so phoned support and they told me they can't transfer my number from Virgin Mobile, so I would have to port my number to another provider like Three first and then port it over from Three to Lyca.

Absolutely ridiculous!:mad:

I think the problem is Virgin. They appear to be blocking porting calls from Lyca. I have transferred to Lyca before and had no problem. Virgin would be the ones I wouldn't trust. I am having the same problem.

I think the problem is Virgin. They appear to be blocking porting calls from Lyca. I have transferred to Lyca before and had no problem. Virgin would be the ones I wouldn't trust. I am having the same problem.

Are they allowed to block like that? Would it be worth calling virgin?

They are not allowed but I bet they will blame it on Lyca or have very little help to offer.

• Advertisement

They are not allowed but I bet they will blame it on Lyca or have very little help to offer.

Got on to virgin, explained the situation and predictably they said to contact the other providers support.

I was also told I can't get the 5 euro for 5 months deal because I'm only a mobile customer, no BB, TV or home phone. What a joke.

I'm gonna give comreg a ring tomorrow and try get some satisfaction.

Got on to virgin, explained the situation and predictably they said to contact the other providers support.

I was also told I can't get the 5 euro for 5 months deal because I'm only a mobile customer, no BB, TV or home phone. What a joke.

I'm gonna give comreg a ring tomorrow and try get some satisfaction.

This is the problem with Virgin. When you have to call them its mega hassle. Save yourself some pain and just get a sim card from another provider, then switch to Lyca. I got a Tesco SIM yesterday and ported over within a few hours. I will keep it until my all inclusives run out then switch to Lyca.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭deiseindublin

I'm trying to hop between Networks at mo. Do any actual shops give free SIMs now?

Is there anything particular that needs to be done to set up roaming in Europe. (my daughter is off to Portugal at the weekend)

TIA

• Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

Seems that all the 'national' bundles include EU roaming

( https://www.lycamobile.ie/en/bundle )

I would guess that she may not need to be subscribed to a bundle to make calls when roaming but it might get a bit expensive.

( http://lycamobile.ie/sysimages/mediamanager/EU_Roaming_IrelandEN.pdf price list still correct ?)

0lddog wrote: »
    Seems that all the 'national' bundles include EU roaming

( https://www.lycamobile.ie/en/bundle )

I would guess that she may not need to be subscribed to a bundle to make calls when roaming but it might get a bit expensive.

( http://lycamobile.ie/sysimages/mediamanager/EU_Roaming_IrelandEN.pdf price list still correct ?)

Thanks yeah have her on the Ireland plus bundle but does she need to do anything specific when she arrives eg what network to connect to,any settings to be changed etc

Also do any calls and texts made come out of the bundle or will she be charged

• Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

NATLOR wrote: »
    Thanks yeah have her on the Ireland plus bundle but does she need to do anything specific when she arrives eg what network to connect to,any settings to be changed etc

I dont know. Hopefully someone who has been & done it will pop in :)

Also do any calls and texts made come out of the bundle or will she be charged

"From 26-09-2017, the customers that buy one of our “EU Roaming” bundles are able to use their bundle allowances while roaming in the EU/EEA countries. Customers are advised that there is a maximum usage cap applied for data while roaming in EU/EEA. From 01-01-2018 the cap for IRELAND Plus is 4.25GB data, for STUDENT Plus is 4.25GB and for NATIONAL S is 1GB data. If, over a 4-month period, your use of EU/EEA roaming services is greater than your domestic usage we will notify you of this and then charge you at national PAYG rates. Non-EU/EEA countries calls will be charged at standard roaming charges. EU/EEA roaming services are enabled for customers who travel for holidays or short trips and note that the SIM card must be first used (activated) in the home country in order to take advantage of this promotion. The free calls to all the Lycamobile numbers in Poland and Romania are not included in roaming."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Boxfresh

I'm with Lyca now for a few months. My wife just informed me that any time she tries to call me she always has trouble getting through to me.

We have just tested this with her sitting beside me in good coverage and it takes her about 5 attempts til my phone starts ringing.

Any one else have any such issues?

Obviously not good enough - thinking of switching.

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭pjq

Is there anything particular that needs to be done to set up roaming in Europe. (my daughter is off to Portugal at the weekend)

TIA

I think that this is what your looking for, sometimes its simple and straightforward using the Lyca widget .

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=103709785

• Registered Users Posts: 44 vevo

Boxfresh wrote: »
    I'm with Lyca now for a few months. My wife just informed me that any time she tries to call me she always has trouble getting through to me.

We have just tested this with her sitting beside me in good coverage and it takes her about 5 attempts til my phone starts ringing.

Any one else have any such issues?

Obviously not good enough - thinking of switching.

My data download with Lyca has deteriorated massively. I did a speed test this morning and I only got 0.2mbs download rate whilst my wife is getting in the region of 5mbs on 3G from 3.ie at the same time. Ive tries to contact Lyca about this but as yet no response. I'll be switching to Tesco prepay as they've got 4G noe

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭DopeTech

vevo wrote: »
    My data download with Lyca has deteriorated massively. I did a speed test this morning and I only got 0.2mbs download rate whilst my wife is getting in the region of 5mbs on 3G from 3.ie at the same time. Ive tries to contact Lyca about this but as yet no response. I'll be switching to Tesco prepay as they've got 4G noe

Save yourself the pain and steer clear of Tesco. They have major problems with signal dropping/phones dropping off the network at the moment. They have always been patchy but lately has been brutal. Have a look at Vodafone or eir. They have become more competitive in the last year in my opinion. I'm on Vodafones Data user plan. There's a big thread in bargain alerts on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,557 ✭✭✭Fingers Mcginty

Just setup and ported my old number. Works fine apart from showing I'm roaming all the time. Sent lyca am email already but nothing back. Having any of you had this issue?

Just setup and ported my old number. Works fine apart from showing I'm roaming all the time. Sent lyca am email already but nothing back. Having any of you had this issue?

All mnvo's "roam" on the network they piggyback off eg.3. So you will also need to make sure data roaming is enabled at all times.

Really... Its just annoying that it keeps alerting me on my garmin watch that data roaming is enabled. Watch is constantly vibrating with the aforementioned alert.

Really... Its just annoying that it keeps alerting me on my garmin watch that data roaming is enabled. Watch is constantly vibrating with the aforementioned alert.

Yes. It's the same on all mnvo's. What is your monthly usage and spend currently?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭rustledjimmies

The other half has a Forerunner 235 and is also on Lyca - this hasn't happened ever. Maybe you need to allow data roaming (phone setting) or similar?

Sir Dosser wrote: »
    Yes. It's the same on all mnvo's. What is your monthly usage and spend currently?

im on the 25GB package 15 euros

The other half has a Forerunner 235 and is also on Lyca - this hasn't happened ever. Maybe you need to allow data roaming (phone setting) or similar?

Yup same watch as mine. Data roaming is enabled on the phone. If i don't have it ticked i cant get internet

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭footing

Wondering whether the major problems I'm having are caused by Lyca or just the general network? Calls cut off, people not getting through to me, etc etc. Thought it was my phone so bought a new one. No improvement.

• Advertisement

footing wrote: »
    Wondering whether the major problems I'm having are caused by Lyca or just the general network? Calls cut off, people not getting through to me, etc etc. Thought it was my phone so bought a new one. No improvement.

Probably a mixture of both.

Advertisement