Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Amazon prime day

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,687 ✭✭✭Raoul

get a revolut virtual card, it'll show up as UK

Worked perfectly

• Registered Users Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭mel123

well just an update for anyone that doesnt care about my tv....it will be dispatched on SEPTEMBER 19th.
    So three weeks after prime day, they can finally tell me, after numberous emails, it will be dispatched in another 6 weeks. What a joke!!!
    If i go online now, it shows in stock!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

mel123 wrote: »
    well just an update for anyone that doesnt care about my tv....it will be dispatched on SEPTEMBER 19th.
    So three weeks after prime day, they can finally tell me, after numberous emails, it will be dispatched in another 6 weeks. What a joke!!!

To be fair amazon are normally very good. There was obviously some mixup in this instance.

As there is with my shoes. But I am still not convinced Prime in Ireland is worth it. Unless buying a lot of things that make the 2-3 day delivery worth it.
    I am also guilty of not looking in shops in city centre before ordering from amazon.

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭lucast2007us

Suckit wrote:
    As there is with my shoes. But I am still not convinced Prime in Ireland is worth it. Unless buying a lot of things that make the 2-3 day delivery worth it. I am also guilty of not looking in shops in city centre before ordering from amazon.

If you sign up as a student it's worth it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭Stoolbend

That’s tougher now. You can’t use ecareers to get the nus card.

• Advertisement

New skills academy worked for me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 783 ✭✭✭nsa0bupkd3948x

mel123 wrote: »

Do you have a link to the TV? Seems unlikely Amazon have it in stock but yet there is such a delay

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭rustledjimmies

Do you have a link to the TV? Seems unlikely Amazon have it in stock but yet there is such a delay

Happens all the time to me. "In stock" but taking a week before shipping it? "In stock" Seems to mean that Amazon have it somewhere in the world but not necessarily in that country's warehouses.

6 weeks though? Never had it that bad!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭mel123

Happens all the time to me. "In stock" but taking a week before shipping it? "In stock" Seems to mean that Amazon have it somewhere in the world but not necessarily in that country's warehouses.

6 weeks though? Never had it that bad!

its defiantly in stock sure i can see that with my own eyes. I think even though it says sold by amazon, thats not actually the case, because in one of the emails they started telling they rely on the suppliers to let them know if something is in stock. I was always under the impression once it was 'sold by amazon' it was in their warehouse, but this doesnt seem to be the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,471 ✭✭✭✭banie01

get a revolut virtual card, it'll show up as UK

Bloody Genius!
    For some reason it wouldn't validate my Revolut Mastercard, generated a Revolut Visa virtual card and it went straight thru!
    Thanks for the heads up!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭moonboy52

They switched me to Prime Video UK no probs a few weeks ago. Revolut card with PM as shipping address

For future reference is having a Physical Revolut card they sent me the same as a virtual card?

My physical card has my real address on it so just a bit confused if there is any difference.

Is it "physical card" shows as ROI, Virtual strictly UK and use Virtual for all Prime payments?

Cheers folks

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Philster

kala85 wrote: »
    Downloaded iplayer from aptoide but I can't get it to work
    Do you have the mouse toggle app downloaded as you need it to navigate around that app. Otherwise you need what Usedtowait suggested.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,716 ✭✭✭masterboy123

Is it worth getting amazon prime and pay 9.5 euros per month? Given I order roughly twice a month from them or from ebay. I am not sure if it's worth getting it?
    Any personal experience or thought?

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭gazzamc

Is it worth getting amazon prime and pay 9.5 euros per month? Given I order roughly twice a month from them or from ebay. I am not sure if it's worth getting it?
    Any personal experience or thought?
    Try get the student trial, it last 6 months. If you look back on this thread you should see a way of getting it. Using the nus card. I've noticed since I've gotten it I order more.. But that's just due to the free shipping no matter what price (if not an add on item). I'd say it worth it for me as I order atleast every other week and I use the prime video.

Also student charge is only 4.99eur per month

Checked this page to use Nus card, but it doesn't say where do we get free university email id ?
    any help is appreciated

https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057889634/25
    gazzamc wrote: »
    Try get the student trial, it last 6 months. If you look back on this thread you should see a way of getting it. Using the nus card. I've noticed since I've gotten it I order more.. But that's just due to the free shipping no matter what price (if not an add on item). I'd say it worth it for me as I order atleast every other week and I use the prime video.

Checked this page to use Nus card, but it doesn't say where do we get free university email id ?
    any help is appreciated

https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057889634/25

I used ecareers as the institute (you didn't need to prove anything). Get the card then email amazon a screenshot of the profile (from the nus app).

When I write ecareers, it's giving an error and not accepting it. I am trying on this website :
    https://cards.nusextra.co.uk/card/application/education

I used ecareers as the institute (you didn't need to prove anything). Get the card then email amazon a screenshot of the profile (from the nus app).

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭dos29

I think somebody posted that e-careers stopped working unfortunately.

Edit:
    Stoolbend wrote: »
    That’s tougher now. You can’t use ecareers to get the nus card.

It's asking specifically for university name and then you need to login using university specific login details.

Any other solution?

PS. Somehow I went to next stage and it asks for Pin code and wouldn't let go ahead.

When I write ecareers, it's giving an error and not accepting it. I am trying on this website :
    https://cards.nusextra.co.uk/card/application/education

Yea that site was never there before, you just signed up using the original domain. I guess they stopped it by using university emails. Sorry I didn't know they had patched that loop hole.

• Advertisement

I managed to get to the last step, but then when I write my Irish address, it's not accepting the post code. I tried 0000 post code but still no luck. It accepts UK Post code only.
    Yea that site was never there before, you just signed up using the original domain. I guess they stopped it by using university emails. Sorry I didn't know they had patched that loop hole.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,358 ✭✭✭DubDJ

I managed to get to the last step, but then when I write my Irish address, it's not accepting the post code. I tried 0000 post code but still no luck. It accepts UK Post code only.

When I set this up a few weeks ago I got to the same step, I used my full Irish address but added the parcel motel post code to the end. Worked grand and went through after that.

I am worried that in that case they will post out the card to parcel motel?? Do they even post card or do you get a virtual card?
    DubDJ wrote: »
    When I set this up a few weeks ago I got to the same step, I used my full Irish address but added the parcel motel post code to the end. Worked grand and went through after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭lucast2007us

I am worried that in that case they will post out the card to parcel motel?? Do they even post card or do you get a virtual card?

They post out the card but I told parcel wizard it was spam mail and they just got rid of it

In the end I could change my address pal address to my home address in Ireland and paid extra 1.5 pounds.
    I can see my ISIC number and Nus number in their app. Will send this screenshot to amazon now.
    Let's see if it works.
    They post out the card but I told parcel wizard it was spam mail and they just got rid of it

There is still a course that works for NUS. I can't remember it but do some googling and you will find it!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,358 ✭✭✭DubDJ

I am worried that in that case they will post out the card to parcel motel?? Do they even post card or do you get a virtual card
    They posted mine to my Irish address even though I used the PM post code. It’s probably just chancing that they will deliver it to you instead of the PM depot. Worked for me though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,609 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

mik_da_man wrote: »
    Works for Video, not for music oddly enough....

It will for music but make sure its a Virtual Visa. I had a problem with my Revolut Mastercard but got a virtual visa added to my account and that worked in the music sign up with Parcel Motel address :)

I received email from Amazon that I should contact Amazon UK website to send proof of my student ID.

Anyone remember the email address where they sent the screenshot of Nus ID?
    DubDJ wrote: »
    They posted mine to my Irish address even though I used the PM post code. It’s probably just chancing that they will deliver it to you instead of the PM depot. Worked for me though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 dunnetd

Hi masterboy123, how did you manage to get through the University check screens on NUS site, what course and email format did you use?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement