Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Bank Holiday Parking in Dublin

Options
  • 05-08-2018 8:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭

Hey all,

Is on street parking free all across the city tomorrow or are there certain areas where it's not?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

free everywhere on sundays and bank holidays

• Registered Users Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭AlekSmart

Oops69 wrote: »

Steady steady.....there are plenty of City Locations which require payment on those days.....

Quite a few GAA fans will learn this very soon along Home Farm Road in Drumcondra,a location long favoured to park on and have a cuppa tea and a sangwitch,before/afer the oul match.

DCC have recently spotted an untapped market here.....;)

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Parking is not automatically free. Read the signs .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

AlekSmart wrote: »
    Steady steady.....there are plenty of City Locations which require payment on those days.....

Quite a few GAA fans will learn this very soon along Home Farm Road in Drumcondra,a location long favoured to park on and have a cuppa tea and a sangwitch,before/afer the oul match.

DCC have recently spotted an untapped market here.....;)

Apart from looking at the machine when I get to the street, is there a website I can check out that shows where has paid parking, on bank holidays?

I'm trying to plan my commute up to work. (Buses are awkward and won't get me in on time) My work is in a red parking zone. Would that be free or paid tomorrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭easyvision

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,184 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

Oops69 wrote: »

This is not true; plenty of city centre locations are pay parking on Sundays (mostly afternoons).

• Registered Users Posts: 25,327 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Sunday: Read the local pay & display sign which shows the colour code plus days and hours of operation. The Sunday of a bank holiday w/e is nothing special as far as DCC are concerned.

Bank Holiday: All parking is free

• Registered Users Posts: 19,610 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

coylemj wrote: »
    Sunday: Read the local pay & display sign which shows the colour code plus days and hours of operation. The Sunday of a bank holiday w/e is nothing special as far as DCC are concerned.

Bank Holiday: All parking is free

Never knew that. Do the signs at the parking make that clear or is it just a given by DCC?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,250 ✭✭✭markpb

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Never knew that. Do the signs at the parking make that clear or is it just a given by DCC?

It's stated clearly in the link posted just a few posts above. The signs don't say it but the meters and ParkingTag all offer next day parking on those bank holidays listed.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,327 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

markpb wrote: »
    It's stated clearly in the link posted just a few posts above. The signs don't say it but the meters and ParkingTag all offer next day parking on those bank holidays listed.

+1 the parkingtag app will at first refuse to accept payment on a bank holiday and ask if you want to pre-pay for the next day.

Correction to my post above where I said...
    The Sunday of a bank holiday w/e is nothing special as far as DCC are concerned.
    In fact parking is free on Easter Sunday, along with the next day (Easter Monday) which is a public holiday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,849 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

On a related note: Don't assume that bus lanes on a Bank Holiday Monday are open to regular traffic.

Advertisement