Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rainfall warning Fri 27 / Sat 28 July 18

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Monkeynut

No rain yet in swords

• Registered Users Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭UrbanSprawl

Monkeynut wrote: »
    No rain yet in swords

Its in the post for sure.20 mins.
    Definitely some (melted)hailstones in that rain ..banging off the skylight

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

What is it with Wexford and any rain falling for an hour max,once again it's an hour's precipitation this evening.

Did you yourself not mention the Wexford rain shield a week or two ago?Obviously still functioning, for most of the time anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Did you yourself not mention the Wexford rain shield a week or two ago?Obviously still functioning, for most of the time anyway.

True,there must be a timer on it. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Monkeynut

True,there must be a timer on it. :)

How are the strawberries fairing out?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Finally raining now in Dublin 13.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭DellyBelly

Very heavy in Dublin 8 now. It must be a couple of months since I've heard rain like this off the window

• Registered Users Posts: 43,017 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Rain lashing down keeps the poxy kids off the street

Peace

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Monkeynut wrote: »
    How are the strawberries fairing out?

Only lovely,the new spuds are a bit on the small side due to lack of rain.
    The Rocking Food Festival is on the bank holiday weekend here in Enniscorthy so I'm hoping the sun comes back after this weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 billyknowsbest

On the same topic i.e.rain. Is anybody familiar with this expression 'it will rain itself out'- when it's raining so much that by the next morning it will have  stopped raining as there won't be any rain left in the sky! I said it to an Englsih friend a while back and I had to explain it. Is it an Irish expression?What would be a 'standard' English equivalent- thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

sryanbruen wrote: »
    Finally raining now in Dublin 13.

Light now, was expecting heavier.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Its absolutely belting down here

• Registered Users Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

... a measly 3mm. As I feared the Wicklow rain shadow considerably weakened the band of heavy rain that moved up from the south. More rain approaching south Wexford now but I see no reason why there shouldn't be a repeat performance for the Dublin area - in other words, only a few mms.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,668 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

It’s still raining here in cork. God it’s like all the rain we missed is falling in one day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Mobhi1

There was 1.4mm rain here in Glasnevin about an hour before midnight. Nothing now. 15.4C.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

It was lovely last night, as the daylight faded, listening to heavy rain, and hearing the thirsty land drinking deep, and the dessicated roots expanding and reaching upwards.. past the scorched surface...

Still raining; cats coming n dripping wet....

Reading posts here..

A healing.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Only lovely,the new spuds are a bit on the small side due to lack of rain.
    The Rocking Food Festival is on the bank holiday weekend here in Enniscorthy so I'm hoping the sun comes back after this weekend.

Me too re next weekend. Trading at a festival here and need the good weather back please..

Wild wonderful wind out here. Enjoying it greatly

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Got 16.4mm from all that rain. Clearing up nicely now. Grass is shooting green sprouts again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭PukkaStukka

Nature never ceases to amaze me. Two weeks ago my lawn resembled a desert. Now it's actually green again. The sound of the rain falling earlier was actually very pleasant to listen to !!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,721 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

16.0mm between yesterday and today,all welcome and more too is welcome before the next dry spell.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,834 ✭✭✭pauldry

Lashing in Sligo

Nothing much showing on radar but let me assure you its bucketing

However with Sligos microclimate its sunny on Knocknarea but pouring a few fields away so maybe just a stagnant thunderstorm im in

Please make it lash for 3 to 4 days and return to heat for 2 weeks and then ill be happy.

After all the UK has still to break its record temperature as
    Tokyo
    Montreal
    and
    Arctic Circle have

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭koutoubia

Absolutley torrential rain since circa 09.15 with thunder and lightning knocking power out for a few hours.
    North County Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 5,932 ✭✭✭hinault

Very heavy bursts of rainfall here in south county Dublin, the last shower was for a duration of 30 minutes or so, and 2mm of rain fell. We've had showers off and on since 10am. The water barrel in my back garden is filling nicely now

Advertisement