Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Retro Game Shop - North Main Street, Cork

Options
  • 05-07-2018 7:53pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31

Was wondering if this place is still open North Main Street? I was in there about 3/4 years ago around Christmas time and remember the place being packed with a huge queue. Haven't around those parts in a while so do not know if it is still going.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,950 ✭✭✭Doge

DeusVolt wrote: »
    Was wondering if this place is still open North Main Street? I was in there about 3/4 years ago around Christmas time and remember the place being packed with a huge queue. Haven't around those parts in a while so do not know if it is still going.

Games Mania closed down unfortunately but all their stuff was really overpriced.

One of the relatives or friends of the owners had a shop on the other side of the street and had as small selection of games but it was nothing like the stock games Mania had.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 bipedal

Doge wrote: »
    Games Mania closed down unfortunately but all their stuff was really overpriced.

If I can hijack this to ask a question: are there any shops where the stuff *isn't* really overpriced? Or are those days over?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,950 ✭✭✭Doge

bipedal wrote: »
    If I can hijack this to ask a question: are there any shops where the stuff *isn't* really overpriced? Or are those days over?

Even though the RAGE gets a bad wrap on here from time to time I found their prices more reasonable than games mania.

There's been a few places you could pick up games for a reasonable price in Dublin, some sellers are gone now I think.

The other members on here would be able to eloborate more.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,994 ✭✭✭Shapey Fiend

When you have to pay city centre rent, rates, insurance and wages wouldn't be surprised shop prices would be 2x what online prices are. Wouldn't like to be in retail in general at the moment.

Advertisement