Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Where are all the tall guys in Ireland

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭lastusername

No, it's short arse...

It actually isn't, it's a medium height. Under 5'8" is generally viewed as short, above 5'10" is tall. A 5'9" guy in a group of men isn't going to look short, but a 5'6" or 5'7" guy will.

That's pretty standard, even if you look at clothes sizes and just generally really.

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭TheDenialTwist

No one was talking “Metal”, D. We were talking about GnR “wannabe” bands.

Apologies for the confusion.

Ah my good friend Emmet, there was a guy listing off metal bands.. Not correct spelling but he was just playing with words. Nonetheless they were all metal.

It actually isn't, it's a medium height. Under 5'8" is generally viewed as short, above 5'10" is tall. A 5'9" guy in a group of men isn't going to look short, but a 5'6" or 5'7" guy will.

That's pretty standard, even if you look at clothes sizes and just generally really.

A 5'9" guy among a group of 6'+ stands out... As short

Every inch counts

A 5'9" guy among a group of 6'+ stands out... As short

Yes....shock horror :pac: A 6'4" guy among a group of 6'7" guys also does, funnily enough :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

Gettin into slenderman territory there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭DisneyLover

Sorry, but if you think it's ok to openly discriminate against other types of men through posts like this, then would you also think it is ok for a man to open a thread like 'where are all the women under size 10?'.

Size 10 body - your weight can change.
    Height - Does not change after a certain height.
    Upset short men please get off the thread thats not what its for.

"Where are all the tall guys" is in the same category as "where are the all the good guys?". It's more "where are all the guys I fancy?", because really being attracted to someone depends on a combination of factors and not a made-up checklist.

There are plenty of girls who put height requirements on their dating profiles though not because they aren't interested in men of average height or even on the short side, but because so many guys overstate their height and then it's a disappointment when they meet up! Mainly because they've been mislead...

But it's all just made-up until you meet someone you do fancy...a friend of mine told me years ago that she only went for really tall guys, until she met her now husband who is around my height (5'8" - 5'9")!

Ultrflat wrote: »
    I don't doubt it... Swear I was just being crude AF.

Melons so water melons are big, honeydew are small I was trying to get an idea of size.

Are you mad, did you see what happened to the last lad who was a Saviour he got nailed to a cross, because he claimed he was the bread of life. I'm not that stupid I'm just tall. ;)

Well if you read the thread you'd know my melon cup size... I stated it

Who insinuated you were crude? I didn't

Tell us this, TDT, have yourself or Disney gotten many PMs? Just interested to know the amount of perverts I'm dealing with here and all this melon talk will have brought them out in force.

Around 9, 1 was a threat to me, 6 where creeps

What is AH an exclusive club now or something? Listen honey I’ll go where the fun is!

• Advertisement

Around 9, 1 was a threat to me, 6 where creeps

Yes we have as I explained earlier on in my long winded rant.

Threats, video clips, and weirdos

I like all the classics. Met a lickah, Mongodeth, Slayers, Puntera. My favourite is probably Iron May Den though.

maiden are unreal live

maiden are unreal live

Yes quite the spectacle. Would they take much precedence on your denim jacket?

@DisneyLover a guy I know and meet up with from time to time is probably one of the tallest guys in Ireland, I'll have to send him a link to this thread ha. He's the kind of guy you'd see a mile off walking down a beach / pier / street :)

maiden are unreal live

RATM were awesome live too so were Metallica

Haven't seen Iron Maiden live, unfortunately

5'9" is average height :rolleyes:

Hey we're looking for above average height users :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,087 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

I'm 6'5" and like rock music (I play in a noise rock band).

However I am firmly married. Sorry I couldn't be of further help.

"Where are all the tall guys" is in the same category as "where are the all the good guys?". It's more "where are all the guys I fancy?", because really being attracted to someone depends on a combination of factors and not a made-up checklist.

There are plenty of girls who put height requirements on their dating profiles though not because they aren't interested in men of average height or even on the short side, but because so many guys overstate their height and then it's a disappointment when they meet up! Mainly because they've been mislead...

But it's all just made-up until you meet someone you do fancy...a friend of mine told me years ago that she only went for really tall guys, until she met her now husband who is around my height (5'8" - 5'9")!

please dont take a board made by a woman on day 14 self isolation seriously. Im sorry youre offended by my board but we're looking for tall users!

Lol well you're getting my opinion regardless :pac::D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Why?

It's a bit sleazy, if you don't mind me saying so.

• Advertisement

Bobblehats wrote: »
    Yes quite the spectacle. Would they take much precedence on your denim jacket?

Lol they're on the bottom of it cause its a wide patch. Under my VH and cure ones

There's just no talking to some people Disney believe me, in your absence I have tried but to no avail

please dont take a board made by a woman on day 14 self isolation seriously. Im sorry youre offended by my board but we're looking for tall users!

Not taking it seriously at all, quite the opposite! Not sure if you're looking for people to actively message you or just having a discussion...prob best if it's the latter :D

Lol they're on the bottom of it cause its a wide patch. Under my VH and cure ones

How the **** do you factor the cure into that. Overkill?

Sardonicat wrote: »
    Why?

It's a bit sleazy, if you don't mind me saying so.

Sleazy?? Why is that sleazy? Please tell me you're joking right?

@DisneyLover a guy I know and meet up with from time to time is probably one of the tallest guys in Ireland, I'll have to send him a link to this thread ha. He's the kind of guy you'd see a mile off walking down a beach / pier / street :)

Send him my way please and thanks my friend :pac: :pac: :)

Not taking it seriously at all, quite the opposite! Not sure if you're looking for people to actively message you or just having a discussion...prob best if it's the latter :D

I'm not talking to you you're nice! If I reply to you Ill direct quote ya!

I'm not talking to you you're nice! If I reply to you Ill direct quote ya!

Oh ok ha, that makes more sense :)

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭ShayNanigan

Haha, DisneyLover, I'm exactly the same height as you and often wonder what a lonely girl I'd be if I wasn't married judging by the horrified looks I get from guys here because of my height. Ok, so maybe you're not all horrified but the general impression I get is that I'm "too tall". I'm from a Nordic country so when I go back home, I'm usually not even that tall there. My husband is 6'3".

I know it sounds silly but I've sometimes wished I had tall friends. I know height doesn't matter but sometimes it would be nice to talk about things that you encounter as a tall woman. And get tips on where to find clothes hahah!

Love to see there are people here who like metal and rock! For the longest time I thought there were basically none here in Ireland but I am glad I was wrong. Good luck with the manhunt, DisneyLover!

• Advertisement

Haha, DisneyLover, I'm exactly the same height as you and often wonder what a lonely girl I'd be if I wasn't married judging by the horrified looks I get from guys here because of my height. Ok, so maybe you're not all horrified but the general impression I get is that I'm "too tall". I'm from a Nordic country so when I go back home, I'm usually not even that tall there. My husband is 6'3".

I know it sounds silly but I've sometimes wished I had tall friends. I know height doesn't matter but sometimes it would be nice to talk about things that you encounter as a tall woman. And get tips on where to find clothes hahah!

Love to see there are people here who like metal and rock! For the longest time I thought there were basically none here in Ireland but I am glad I was wrong. Good luck with the manhunt, DisneyLover!

Girl join the GirlCrew app or give me a shout and we can go for a pint when all the COVID19 madness dies down ! :pac::cool:

Clothes for our height - try extra tall range from Next.ie plus theyve a sale at the moment! :)

Advertisement