Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

35 EURO off insurance through www.its4women.ie

• 14-10-2016 6:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭mirec

Just us VOUCHER CODE: LQ456 under your quote to get discount.

399175.JPG

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

That is one big excess to pay if you claim...

I'm pretty sure this has come up before, and from what I remember, their quotes are not that great so the money off doesn't really make much difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

In this age of anti sexism and anti exclusion, how does this website not get a ton of review from equality ombudsman

TheDriver wrote: »
    In this age of anti sexism and anti exclusion, how does this website not get a ton of review from equality ombudsman

Because they insure men as well

• Registered Users Posts: 51,426 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

bubblypop wrote: »
    They may need to re-name it then.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,233 ✭✭✭✭ted1

They may need to re-name it then.

25plus.ie I believe they are all the same company just different websites and skins

They have several other sites ,all mcl insurance

http://www.asai.ie/complaint/motor-insurance/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 iksiks

Just got a renewal from its4women.....The above code still works even with renewals if you renew online...got 35eur off, happy days:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭iggy

Trying to get a quote but won't let me select vehicle description? I can fill out every other tab. It doesn't recognise my reg number so am filling in the details manually. Any ideas?

Edit... Code worked on 25plus. Cheers OP

• Registered Users Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭Absoluvely

Has anyone ever figured out what it is and why it possesses four women?

Grammatically speaking.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,148 ✭✭✭✭Berty

I put in for a quote to see how it would quote a male on price. Kind of assumed it would be quoting mental money to say they would quote me legally but a stupid enough amount knowing I wouldn't proceed.

The quote wasn't stupidly high. €240 higher than what I paid last month with 123.ie

You can choose a higher excess to lower your premium if you wish. It seems the base execess was €350 in my case.

I can't imagine an insurance company name sticking around long if it was called its4men or something. People don't really get upset about one type of sexism compared to the other.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,556 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Put in all my details; wouldn't quote me. There's a joke in there somewhere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Berty wrote: »
    I put in for a quote to see how it would quote a male on price. Kind of assumed it would be quoting mental money to say they would quote me legally but a stupid enough amount knowing I wouldn't proceed.

The quote wasn't stupidly high. €240 higher than what I paid last month with 123.ie

You can choose a higher excess to lower your premium if you wish. It seems the base execess was €350 in my case.

I can't imagine an insurance company name sticking around long if it was called its4men or something. People don't really get upset about one type of sexism compared to the other.
    My husband got his insurance through them this year. They were the cheapest by far. They were laughably expensive for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 sqwertypoo1934

It's 4 women, randomly generating/denying quotes.
    Don't over think it!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

bubblypop wrote: »
    still is weird how they get away with it.

http://www.asai.ie/complaint/motor-insurance
    They stated that men were insured by its4women.ie as both first and second named drivers and that this was widely understood by the customer-base through the use of the gender selection tool available in the first section of the quote request form online.

They stated that there was no reference or statement made within the advertising or on any of their marketing collateral that males were excluded from insurance policies supplied by its4women.ie.

on the front page you wold certainly get the impression that men are not included, therefore excluded

https://www.its4women.ie/
    logo.png
    Car Insurance in Ireland for Women
    Do you need an insurance provider, which understands your needs? its4women.ie have been delivering cheaper insurance policies to the women of Ireland for over 30 years.

If it was its4whites I wonder would they still be about. Or something else with a close to 50/50 split, like a Northern Irish one called its4protestants.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭yannakis

The most sexist of all trading names that have crossed my eyes.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Won't quote for me :confused:
    Think I'll be back to FBD again.........

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

Any idea of the expiry date on the code? My insurance is due for renewal on July 3rd, but they'll only quote me four weeks or less in advance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭ Hazel Few Hairbrush

Berty wrote: »

You haven't heard of: www.4thelads.ie then. :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

is it only for new customers? I tried to renew my policy with them and no voucher code box coming up :(

You haven't heard of: www.4thelads.ie then. :-)

Feck- that's expensive!
    Whats the story?

Feck- that's expensive!
    Whats the story?

I got a quote of €800 from them. Getting €700-€1200 everywhere else (got a few €1500 too though). So about average, for me at least.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭woidoi

Thanks OP!
    My wife's insurance was half the price of Aviva's quote this time around and the code worked perfectly!
    Cheers.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Dont waste my time

Code LQ456. Used this code today. Still works

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

tried to get a quote online and they refused me even though I was with them last year is it because my car is too old does anyone know? it's a 07 reg so over the ten year mark

casio4 wrote: »
    tried to get a quote online and they refused me even though I was with them last year is it because my car is too old does anyone know? it's a 07 reg so over the ten year mark

Dunno- my 10-D tripled in its quote from them from last year- hell even Axa is cheaper. Best offer I can find for fully comp for me this evening is FBD- who I dropped like a hot potato last time round- when they doubled the premium after my first year with no explanation. I thought I read in the newspaper in the last week or so- that premia were coming down?

Something odd is going on somewhere.

casio4 wrote: »

Yea, same here. I'm just shopping around at the moment. i4w was 600 last year, and their auto renewal is 850 this year, and they won't quote me either on their site.

I'm guessing that they're hoping I'll just renew at the price they sent me. lol!

Cheapest I've found so far is 460 with FBD.

I found that manually entering your car (instead of entering the reg) gets you a (cheaper) quote sometimes or when they won't quote you at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,962 ✭✭✭opus

Yea, same here. I'm just shopping around at the moment. i4w was 600 last year, and their auto renewal is 850 this year, and they won't quote me either on their site.

I'm guessing that they're hoping I'll just renew at the price they sent me. lol!

Cheapest I've found so far is 460 with FBD.

I found that manually entering your car (instead of entering the reg) gets you a (cheaper) quote sometimes or when they won't quote you at all.

Ditto for me. Even with that discount voucher, FBD were cheaper than last year's quote from its4women not to mind the the bump up they decided to throw at me this time round. Sounds like FBD are trying to get a bit of extra business.

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Thegalwayman

280 for 3rd party fire and theft from 123.ie as a "new" customer having received quote for 437 from 123.ie Same process every year

280 for 3rd party fire and theft from 123.ie as a "new" customer having received quote for 437 from 123.ie Same process every year

Holy crap! How'd you manage that? I'm 40 with full clean licence, 10 years NCD and the lowest they'd quote me is €875

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭iggy

My renewal is up with 25plus on 20/6 but haven't heard anything yet.
    Shopping around today and cheapest so far is AIG. Isn't that who 25plus use?
    I'll see what they quote me for renewal

• Advertisement

Holy crap! How'd you manage that? I'm 40 with full clean licence, 10 years NCD and the lowest they'd quote me is €875

No idea why yours is so high- I'm 44, male, clean licence, 10 years+ NCD, no penalty points- and I got a quote of €585 on a 3 litre Audi Estate. Maybe its related to your job- what industry you work in? Certain professions get an actuarial loading automatically applied to them- others, are embraced with open arms and significant discounts............

As a new customer with pretty much any of the insurers- you'll get a significant 'welcome bonus'- the trick is not to accept a renewal quote from anyone (at all)- to shop around every year........

Some jobs can be described in multiple different ways- but pay vastly different premia depending on how you describe them- e.g.

A “chef” will pay a significant loading on their insurance while “kitchen staff” get a discount

“Music teachers” pay a loading- while generic “teachers” don't

Office managers pay a loading while office administrators don't.

Construction workers pay a loading- builders don't and 'bricklayers' or 'carpenters' or 'electricians' get a discount.

A Surgeon pays a massive loading, a consultant a smaller loading, a doctor- no loading, a GP gets a discount...........

Play around with job titles and descriptions- don't lie- but do experiment- they make a massive difference............

Also- 'retired', or 'home-maker' get a significant discount- if they have a clean licence, no penalty points and a full NCD- but any blemish at all- even old penalty points- and they get a prohibitive loading- that doesn't apply to other categories...........

On the flipside, describing yourself as a parent, housewife, house-husband or retired instead of being unemployed will reduce your premium.

While it's worth experimenting to see what different job titles affect your premium, make sure to not lie about your job i.e. don't say you're a butcher if you're a baker. That is illegal and could get you prosecuted for fraud.

Advertisement