Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who is going to gamestops at 00:00 for COD tonight? :D

• 09-11-2009 5:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

So are there alot of you, the ones who have no life! Me and ather lad from work are going to pick it up tonight, damn i feel so geeky :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,278 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Feck no, won't be getting this till it hits bargain bins :P

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

o1s1n wrote: »
    Feck no, won't be getting this till it hits bargain bins :P

Going by COD4 , you be waiting a while.

Will check single player on it during the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Going by COD4 , you be waiting a while.

Will check single player on it during the week.

I dont think cod4 is in bargain bin even now. it will goafter tonight thought :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Bazza085

I wish I was but alas I must wait until tomorrow. I don't think Stephens Green Gamestop opens at midnight.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭jcrowbar

Going to get it in game in dundrum tonight.

Wouldn't normally shop there myself, but was given a 50 euro voucher for the place, three weeks ago. It's been burning a hole in my wallet since then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,116 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Call of Duty 2010?

I'll pass. I hear 2011 is meant to be awesome-o.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,694 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Nerds!

I'm waiting on my free copy that won't be arriving anytime soon thanks to postal strikes.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Fuzzballs

Do you have to have it pre ordered? And how much is the std edition?
    And this wont be in any bargain bin for 2 years. COD4 is still €39 most places.
    COD4 map packs were only reduced on Live this week. .

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,694 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

You'll get it without preordering from any shop that isn't taking preorders like tescos. Seems to be the cheapest is Smyths if you have a discount card but harvey norman and tesco are pretty reasonable as well.

@retrogamer

So what are the Tescos and Smyths prices?

• Advertisement

44.99, you'll get 10% off that with a smyths loyalty card. However they might be giving out preorders first. I wouldn't worry about the game selling out though. I've never seen a game sell out.

Sound thanks. Think ill head to Tesco as its closer to me.
    Was getting sick of Nazi Zombies anyway ;)

Make sure it's a tescos that stocks games, some of them don't. Think a few of the 24hr ones will be selling it at 12 tonight as well.

It will be the Clare Hall one so should be safe. 24hr. Worst comes and ill head to an xtravision and pay the extra tenner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

I wont be touching any newer COD titles after the hostile actions towards the PC community. In fact I'll probably ignore Activision altogether until they admit their mistakes. I'd encourage other PC gamers to do the same.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 22,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I doubt i'll get it at all. I'm more interested in the single player side of most games, and at 4-5 hours, there's no way i'm paying €50+ for it.

Plus there a bunch of money hungry ****ers who totally screwed pc gamers over.

I wont be touching any newer COD titles after the hostile actions towards the PC community. In fact I'll probably ignore Activision altogether until they admit their mistakes. I'd encourage other PC gamers to do the same.

whats wrong with pc version bud?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Atlas_IRL

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭sink

whats wrong with pc version bud?

It doesn't support dedicated servers effectively destroying the pre-existing COD on-line community.

sink wrote: »
    It doesn't support dedicated servers effectively destroying the pre-existing COD on-line community.
    It's ok though, we have mouse support and graphical options...

• Advertisement

sink wrote: »

WHAT?! why they did that? will it be random match making like xblendeR?!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

Have it preloaded on Steam ready to rock and roll.

WHAT?! why they did that? will it be random match making like xblendeR?!
    Afraid so. And they did it to 'Balance the game'.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,827 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Think I'll wait till tomorrow :).

• Registered Users Posts: 13,979 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

They can keep their game. And shove it where the sun doesn't shine.

Kiith wrote: »
    Afraid so. And they did it to 'Balance the game'.

Balance what?!?! pc version allways ahead of console becouse of: mous+keyboard+servers.

You could actually stick to one or two and play with lads that you know... this is just taking a piss...

Ah well, we still have M+K, but something tells me they will find away how to take that away from us and dumb down to consoles...

The 360 versions of COD didnt have dedicated servers and the connections are fine 99% of the time. Plus host migration if the existing host leaves.

Fuzzballs wrote: »
    The 360 versions of COD didnt have dedicated servers and the connections are fine 99% of the time. Plus host migration if the existing host leaves.

thats actually not the point. you could stick to one server, and allways play in a group of same people, and make a small comunity out of it. now its just pure random

thats actually not the point. you could stick to one server, and allways play in a group of same people, and make a small comunity out of it. now its just pure random

Servers cost money to run. Im sure their decision was based on that simple fact. Its going to happen to many more games im sure. Unless you pay a monthly subscription of course.

• Advertisement

Fuzzballs wrote: »
    Servers cost money to run. Im sure their decision was based on that simple fact. Its going to happen to many more games im sure. Unless you pay a monthly subscription of course.

yeah, but there were so many private dedicated servers.

Well meh, ill still be picking it up today,i mean tommorow early morning :D

Advertisement