Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

I'd buy that for a $: Retro bargains

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Oh they are very nice now.

I can't though, have 4 of those 9 inch Sonys now so this is just overkill

• Registered Users Posts: 34,369 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Oh they are very nice now.

I can't though, have 4 of those 9 inch Sonys now so this is just overkill

There's a shop in Dublin just down the road from me with a 9 inch PVM in a flightcase. They want €90 for it though. I have to walk passed it every day and see it in the window.

€90 is just mad. I would have gone at a push to €60 purely for the novelty of getting it locally but couldn't stomach paying that for it.

I'm sure someday I'll cave :D

The 2 ones I have on the way would have been about €80 I think.

But that's including shipping which is a killer.....but I caved :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

o1s1n wrote: »
    There's a shop in Dublin just down the road from me with a 9 inch PVM in a flightcase. They want €90 for it though. I have to walk passed it every day and see it in the window.

€90 is just mad. I would have gone at a push to €60 purely for the novelty of getting it locally but couldn't stomach paying that for it.

I'm sure someday I'll cave :D
    Go in and offer €50

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,380 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

o1s1n wrote: »
    Two lovely looking little 6 inch PVMs over on adverts.

https://www.adverts.ie/monitors/sony-pvm-6041qm-pro-monitors/16518637

Downside, he wants 120 euro each which is a bit mad.

What’s a realistic price for both of them ? That’s me offering him 120 for both.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭geotrig

They are 6" and would be grand for testing or the novelty factor but i think 120 for both is too much even never mind each ! I havent kept up with prices so i could be way off now
    Before prices went up I bought my 9" for 30-35 including postage from uk ,monitor was 10 quid and postage was the rest

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

I think the 14" bvm from DragonBox worked out at 125 including delivery. I think that price would verge on dreamer of the year territory.

Bit off topic but I have a retro gaming themed shirt releasing tomorrow night. In case any of you lot are interested

l7M6FmX.png

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭eddhorse

That is awesome

Thanks dude!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,457 ✭✭✭Inviere

Listed my CiB Link to the Past here. It's a US copy, but is in excellent shape. Adverts tax factored in here

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,526 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Cart only Super Probotector going for €30.
    Label a little torn but still.

http://www.adverts.ie/15287179

I was only playing Probotector on the Megadrive last night. How similar is the SNES version do you know?

Master of the Universe

I was only playing Probotector on the Megadrive last night. How similar is the SNES version do you know?

They're totally different games.

Contra Hard Corps/Probotector on the Megadrive are much better games than their SNES counterparts IMO.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,526 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Few bits here in CEX Northside.
    Metroid Prime Trilogy for €40
    Beat the Beat: Rhythm Paradise for €3.50
    Kirby's Adventure for €20
    Physical copy of Shovel Knight for the WiiU, €15

• Registered Users Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭MontgomeryClift

https://www.adverts.ie/16639953

I've put up a soft-modded Wii with Rondo of Blood installed.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,457 ✭✭✭Inviere

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,777 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I agree with oisin. They are very different games and I much prefer the mega drive one. The super Nintendo game is more popular though.

The problem with the snes game is it is only really 4 really good stages and 2 poor mode 7 ones. The megadrive game is a boss rush game really but if you like bosses it's incredible. There's so many and they are all so well designed.

If you like the Megadrive game then shattered soldier on the PS2 is by the same team and really good as well.

Master of the Universe

Net Yaroze PS1 on adverts, not something you see that often over here

https://www.adverts.ie/playstation/sony-playstation-net-yaroze-dtl-h3002/16457942

If it was in better condition I'd definitely be making an offer, as you said you don't see them every day.

• Advertisement

I made an offer but actually hope it doesn't get accepted haha. Have too many things to pay for this month

• Registered Users Posts: 6,179 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

It seems like all the things he said it doesn't come with are things you'd want to have with something like that...

Looks lovely but as much use as a chocolate teapot with no disks, cables or documents.

Master of the Universe

Ah it's just a collector's piece really, I doubt anyone would be buying it to make homebrew games. Could use it as region free PS1.

See it's sold now anyway!

I made an offer but actually hope it doesn't get accepted haha. Have too many things to pay for this month

I've done that myself before on more than one occasion, who hasn't. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,179 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Collector's item no doubt, but I'd love to have all the bits with something like that! Seems a bit strange to have nothing at all though. Developer stuff is interesting, it's a shame that the documents and software got lost along the way.

The colour does look pretty well.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,211 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

Should you have buyers remorse, I can help you out :)

As far as I know the only equipment you'd need for full functionality for that net yaroze is a usb to serial converter and a modchip. Boot discs and such are available online.
    Good price for the yaroze and i'd say the accepted offer on it is a timewaster

Broken Sword trilogy on sale for a euro, steam keys
    https://www.fanatical.com/en/game/broken-sword-trilogy-new
    Great price for the games and it's from an authorized seller rather than your g2a, kinguin etc.

• Advertisement

I have a few bits up on Adverts including a GDEMU. A half decent offer from a regular poster will buy it. I'm not putting it up on the market place after the cabinet fiasco.

https://touch.adverts.ie/arcade-retro/sega-dreamcast-gdemu/16693957

Advertisement