Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Arcade Talk 24/7/365

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,319 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Yeah I left it. It was with DHL so you're definitely getting stung for import tax. Between that and the deliver charge, it takes a $189.99 console up past $300.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,457 ✭✭✭Inviere

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Nobody wanted to buy any of my shmups when I had them for sale in the marketplace here at rock bottom prices an age ago. :pac:

That happened me years ago with the Street Fighter pcb's I was selling.

SF2
    SS2 - Champion Edition
    SF2 - Hyper Fighting
    Super SF2
    Super SF2 Turbo
    SF Alpha
    SF Alpha 2
    SF Alpha 3

All genuine, couldn't give the fecking things away.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,368 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

I think I took a large chunk of them eventually didn't I?

All gone now too apart from CE which I hung on to.

o1s1n wrote: »
    I think I took a large chunk of them eventually didn't I?

All gone now too apart from CE which I hung on to.

You may have? I remember a guy on Adverts getting a savage deal for some Street Fighter pcb's from me coz I couldn't sell them. The scene was quite a bit smaller back then, must have been, 8 years ago according to Adverts

https://www.adverts.ie/other-consoles-games/arcade-pcb-s/199314
    https://www.adverts.ie/other-consoles-games/arcade-pcb-s/199317
    https://www.adverts.ie/other-consoles-games/arcade-pcb-s-more/199320

Master of the Universe

Inviere wrote: »
    You may have? I remember a guy on Adverts getting a savage deal for some Street Fighter pcb's from me coz I couldn't sell them. The scene was quite a bit smaller back then, must have been, 8 years ago according to Adverts

https://www.adverts.ie/other-consoles-games/arcade-pcb-s/199314
    https://www.adverts.ie/other-consoles-games/arcade-pcb-s/199317
    https://www.adverts.ie/other-consoles-games/arcade-pcb-s-more/199320

That might have been me? I bought everything in the first two links anyway :D

Still actually have everything from the first link - The SF2 with the garbled sprites had a dodgy B board, but the A board was working grand. I bought a Mercs B board and mounted it on it, it now resides in my Pony :)

SF2 CE is in my attic, awaiting me (eventually!) getting another two player 6 button cabinet. It had a brief stint in my Aero before I sold it.

That Tekken 3 Board is also in my attic, still mint looking and still does absolutely nothing. :D

Fairly sure I sold the CPS2 boards in the second link to someone here, might have been Mozie?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭beejee

That distant rumbling thunder of a big raid got closer today (laid off the track because I had a cold). "loads", "plenty", "all still there". Making a trip south soon :)

suchwait.jpg

(I shoudnt say anything, and I wont again, its just hard to contain!)

Master of the Universe

Say nothing to those leeches on VAC, they'll be after our potatoes next! :pac:

Say nothing to those leeches on VAC, they'll be after our potatoes next! :pac:

Lips sealed (beyond the stupid bit of hype here). All staying here this tme. I'll say nowt more!

• Yeah I got those cps2 games alright.. Still have them among the collection.. Really need to take stock too.

That might have been me? I bought everything in the first two links anyway :D

Still actually have everything from the first link - The SF2 with the garbled sprites had a dodgy B board, but the A board was working grand. I bought a Mercs B board and mounted it on it, it now resides in my Pony :)

SF2 CE is in my attic, awaiting me (eventually!) getting another two player 6 button cabinet. It had a brief stint in my Aero before I sold it.

That Tekken 3 Board is also in my attic, still mint looking and still does absolutely nothing. :D

Fairly sure I sold the CPS2 boards in the second link to someone here, might have been Mozie?

Master of the Universe

See Ronnie is selling an Aero Table?

1795 euro. It's a lot of cash but not bad compared to what I've seen them going for (looks to be in good condition too with a speaker pod)

Aerotable%20(2).jpg

• Advertisement

my biggest fear of owning a cocktail cabinet is the amount of **** that would pile up on it !!

Master of the Universe

Cleaned out out the SNK cab last night and moved the wooden PCB mounting board so it's now vertical. Should allow me to put a load more boards in at once. (I've a CPS2 board with a 1 slot MVS now sitting on the base)

I'm going to pop up into the attic later and have a root through games. Going to see if I can mount 3 - 4 PCBs on the vertical board, one over another using spacers. It's actually a bit of fun trying to figure out how to best choose/arrange them as you've to do it according to board size/shape.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

beejee wrote: »
    Lips sealed (beyond the stupid bit of hype here). All staying here this tme. I'll say nowt more!

I'm in the south (Cork), if can lend a hand with anything let me know :)

Master of the Universe

Sorted through and tested a rake of PCBs this evening. Actually thought I'd found a couple of missing PCBs (Dinorex and Rastan) but they turned out to be Football Champ and a Nebulas Ray with some graphical glitches, boo!

I did find a Metal Black board I'd completely forgotten I had, so that was fun, gave it a bit of a blast.

Couple of issues though, my Turtles PCB had a loose capacitor floating around the box and my Raystorm seems to be dead :(

Anyway, onto the positive stuff. I decided to settle on an STV mobo and Vendetta as the two PCBs I was going to mount.

Vendetta goes on first...

IMG-20181111-174000229.jpg

Then the ST-V on some PCB spacers. Went with Die Hard Arcade for the moment (what a game!) but will probably lash Souky in there during the week,

IMG-20181111-181723420.jpg

Unfortunately the side mounting solution was a no go, so I'd to put the wooden board back where it was. Did come up with a solution though, I'd a rubberised shoe rack (!) that wasn't doing anything and is coincidentally exactly the same width as the cab. So that's after acting as a shelf!
    IMG-20181111-200127318.jpg

There's a bit of space there between the shelf and the STV board, so I may get some more spacers and lash another board in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

Wow I remember football champ, classic.

Master of the Universe

Not sure if anyone saw, but someone was selling one of those super rare SNK cabs with a 33 inch monitor over on AO :eek:

https://forum.arcadeotaku.com/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=38836

It's a shame they don't have some comparison photos up as without one it just looks like a regular SNK cab as all the dimensions are the same.

The thing weighs a whopping 145kg! To put that in perspective, an Egret 2 weighs 100kg, an Aero City which is a heavy bastard 110kg...can't even imagine trying to move around a 145kg cabinet. It's almost twice the weight of my Jaleco one.

Well I just got back from a most strange place and strange meeting :confused:

I'm putting together a list of what I want in arcade cabinets, can include stuff from the 60's up (?!). Defender, phoenix, 80's 90's whatever. So if anyone wants to throw out a few that theyre after now is the time.

I don't know how deep this rabbit hole goes, or where it goes, or if anything will come out of it. But sure, who knows?!

I'm putting together a list of what I want in arcade cabinets, can include stuff from the 60's up (?!). Defender, phoenix, 80's 90's whatever. So if anyone wants to throw out a few that theyre after now is the time.

I don't know how deep this rabbit hole goes, or where it goes, or if anything will come out of it. But sure, who knows?!

An SF2 or SF2 CE would be nice. Failing that, an E2, E3, or AWSD would do nicely :)

Inviere wrote: »
    An SF2 or SF2 CE would be nice. Failing that, an E2, E3, or AWSD would do nicely :)

No problem, But whats e2, e3 and awsd? Egret candy cabinets?

If its candy cabinets, there is a chance of zero and less than zero :P

No problem, But whats e2, e3 and awsd? Egret candy cabinets?

If its candy cabinets, there is a chance of zero and less than zero :P

Yeah they're candy's, that's grand, I'm relived in a way :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,717 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Tron environmental cab is a must :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,380 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

Turtles cab! Not the only one after that. I could always fit a pinball somewhere too !

• Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Mortal Kombats, Street fighters,Ninja Turtles, sunset riders, killer instinct, X-Men, initial D, battle gear, house of the dead 2.

That's just off the top of my head.

And pretty much any pinballs at all

• Registered Users Posts: 3,717 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Ikari Warriors with the proper tiddly twisty stick

qo4x3p5dm4ry.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭80s Synth Pop

Super off-road, killer instinct, bubble bobble, virtual cop... Adams family pinball...

Did you find the Dr quirky warehouse :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭geotrig

Atari centipede cab, tempest or Sega Hot Rod 4player cab

I'll put them all on the list. Though I hope there's multiples of certain things, conflicts already :p

It wasn't quirkeys warehouse, but he did come up in conversation. Apparently Dick was quite the innovator back in the day with wiring etc. All his stuff is gone though.

This whole setup so far is mega strange. Will get to see it soon, and from the conversation , it sounds mental. All sorts from the 60's up

Fingers crossed :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

Unfortunately I've no more room for cabs, pinball on the other hand, I've room for that :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,526 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Robotron...
    Tempest...
    Gravitar.

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

If you come across any PCB hoards/games in general do let me know, I'd hoover them up! :D

Advertisement