Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Read this if you use AddressPal or DPD Parcel Wizard services...

• 30-11-2020 11:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,486 ✭✭✭

(Apologies if this is old news)

I was wondering what would happen with ParcelMotel, AddressPal etc after Jan 1st, and AFAIK nobody is saying anything definite.

Well I just saw this on the AddressPal site:

From January 1st 2021 Post Office/Collection Point addresses can no longer be used.

So it looks like the €3.95 option with collection and payment at your local Post Office is gone from Jan 1st. There is still PO collection option but the price will be higher than €3.95

Here's the full text:

January 2021 Update
    Deliveries:

From January 1st 2021 deliveries from the UK are changing due to customs.
    When shopping online use your Home Delivery AddressPal virtual address (see below for address examples).

From this date, your Post Office/Collection Point AddressPal virtual address can no longer be used when importing items.

However, once the parcel has been processed we will let you know by email or text and you will then have the option to redirect your parcel to any of the following:

A Post Office/Collection Point
    A Parcel Locker
    A neighbour
    A safe place
    Or select an alternative date for delivery

This will apply for UK and USA AddressPal items.

Payment details:

From January 1st 2021 payment for all AddressPal items must be taken from a Credit/Debit card that is saved on your AddressPal account. Without a valid card your parcel cannot be delivered. You will only be charged once we process your AddressPal deliveries.

Note: All UK items will be subject to Revenue customs rules from January 1st 2021.
    If there are customs fees related to your item, you will be contacted with more information.

From the 1st of January 2021 AddressPal is updating with more delivery options, offering you choice and flexibility. Click here for details.
    From this date, all deliveries from the UK will cost €6.50 for items up to 20kg.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭jdon72

DPD Parcel Wizard is only €3.85 from UK and it delivers to your door

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

jdon72 wrote: »

that's closing at end of the month

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭jdon72

sweetie wrote: »
    that's closing at end of the month

Where'd you see that?

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭keos

11th of Dec more precisely

Where'd you see that?

It's on your dashboard when you log in.

Thread to be moved/closed in 3... 2...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,748 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Where'd you see that?
    As already dpd parcel wizard is ending 11th dec I got notification via text as used them recently (they managed to lose half the contents of the box btw....)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

Just means I won't use AddressPal anymore. I'm certainly not giving a 3rd party company working for An Post access to my bank account.

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭BronsonTB

As negotiations are still ongoing at the moment, exactly how goods between Ireland (South) & the UK cannot be answered difinitively as of today.

Worst case is without any agreement,, there will be a lot more tariffs & duty to pay.
    Best Case - they come to agreement & we pay less tariffs & duty.

It's all up in the air but Irish delivery companies are being prepared now for a no deal & acting accordingly.

www.sligowhiplash.com - 3rd & 4th Aug '24 (Confirmed!)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,715 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Thanks OP, bought 10.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,897 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

And that's finished i completely on the 11th December, all customers were notified about 2 weeks ago, pain in the ass :)

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭long_b

I'm certainly not giving a 3rd party company working for An Post access to my bank account.

Where did you see that?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,521 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Dempo1 wrote: »
    And that's finished i completely on the 11th December, all customers were notified about 2 weeks ago, pain in the ass :)

I wasn't notified (and I'm a very heavy user) and neither were loads of others.

long_b wrote: »
    Where did you see that?

My reading of the ops post is existing card details registered on the account will be used, I don't see any change here apart of course the new prices?

I'll see if I can get the notification, hang on

Recieved by email on the 20th November, just part of email

Here goes....

Dear Parcel Wizard Member,

Today we're bringing you an Important Service Update regarding the DPD Virtual Address.

We will no longer be offering our Virtual Address Service from December 11th 2020. This is due to customs clearance requirements for parcels travelling into the Republic of Ireland from Great Britain which will come into effect post Brexit.

In order to prepare for this change, please review the following information -

Any parcels arriving to the Virtual Address up to and including December 11th will be processed as normal.

Please ensure to update any online Address Books where you have indicated that the Parcel Wizard Virtual Address is your default address.

When ordering online between now and December 11th, check the transit times to ensure that your parcel will arrive before the Virtual Address Service ceases - if it won't, please do not use the Virtual Address.​​​​

If you have an unused balance on your Virtual Address account after the service ceases, this will be refunded directly to you via SagePay before the end of January 2021. You don't need to take any action - the refund will be automated.​​​​​​

Thank for using our Virtual Address Service over the years. And don't forget, after the 11th December you can still use all of the other great DPD Parcel Wizard options - up to date messaging on when your parcel will arrive, managing your delivery schedule, routing your parcel to a particular address and much more.

Best regards,
    The Parcel Wizard Team @ DPD

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

I knew it was happening because of boards. Was never notified. I use it around 3-4 times a week. So I'd have expected to have been told during 1 of the email alerts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

antodeco wrote: »
    I knew it was happening because of boards. Was never notified. I use it around 3-4 times a week. So I'd have expected to have been told during 1 of the email alerts

Same. My husband didn't believe me, he was so convinced he'd have to have been told

• Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

Same. My husband didn't believe me, he was so convinced he'd have to have been told

I didn't know my wife had a boards account :D

Wake me up when it's all over.

:), I'll say nothing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,486 ✭✭✭dowtchaboy

Doodah7 wrote: »
    Thanks OP, bought 10.

:p:p
    Did you really mean "This isn't a BA?":D
    It isn't but on the other hand a very high proportion of Bargains on this forum are ones that take a bit of smart footwork to obtain - false identities, free SIMs used once, and getting stuff shipped via AP or PM, so I thought it was relevant.

• Advertisement

no changes yet from Parcel Motel?

Also, is amazon going to continue operating as normal - i.e. order from the UK site?

• Registered Users Posts: 965 ✭✭✭harmless

glasso wrote: »
    no changes yet from Parcel Motel?

Also, is amazon going to continue operating as normal - i.e. order from the UK site?

Parcel motel are forced on making as much over Christmas as possible. They have introduced an increased charge(€4.50) for the Christmas period.

Expect them to react to the brexit transition when things are totally clear.

Either more price hikes or cancellation of the service if it is not viable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Ha ha lol. He definitely knows I have a boards account :D. I modded a few years back under a different name and he listened to my wailing/gnashing of teeth and I still send him bargain alerts !

harmless wrote: »
    Parcel motel are forced on making as much over Christmas as possible. They have introduced an increased charge(€4.50) for the Christmas period.

Expect them to react to the brexit transition when things are totally clear.

Either more price hikes or cancellation of the service if it is not viable.

small bit of a tangent but effectively related what really annoys me these days is the amount of Amazon Prime marked items that don't ship free to Ireland and particularly where it's not worth it to use say parcel motel for one item to get it but since you have no control over how Amazon ship items if you order say just 2 items together in the hope that they would be dispatched together you could end up with 2 redirect charges

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Fly_away

BronsonTB wrote: »
    As negotiations are still ongoing at the moment, exactly how goods between Ireland (South) & the UK cannot be answered difinitively as of today.

Worst case is without any agreement,, there will be a lot more tariffs & duty to pay.
    Best Case - they come to agreement & we pay less tariffs & duty.

It's all up in the air but Irish delivery companies are being prepared now for a no deal & acting accordingly.

There are going to be big changes with or without an agreement.

If there's an agreement, tariffs will be eliminated on the vast majority of products. They will remain at zero.

But tariffs are not the main issue - it's the non tariff barriers like rules of origin which are going to make trade much more costly because of all the documentation and checks that will be required. Even in the best case scenario of a deal being reached, the parameters of the agreement being negotiated guarantees that trade between the UK and Ireland is going to be prohibitively expensive for many products.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,953 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

M and M Direct must be really confident that there's going to be a deal or they wouldn't recently be offering access to express delivery for €12.99 a year :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭Hamsterchops

dowtchaboy wrote: »

January 2021 Update
    Deliveries:

From January 1st 2021 deliveries from the UK are changing due to customs.
    When shopping online use your Home Delivery AddressPal virtual address (see below for address examples).

From this date, your Post Office/Collection Point AddressPal virtual address can no longer be used when importing items.

This will apply for UK and USA AddressPal items.

Payment details:

Note: All UK items will be subject to Revenue customs rules from January 1st 2021.
    If there are customs fees related to your item, you will be contacted with more information.

From the 1st of January 2021 AddressPal is updating with more delivery options, offering you choice and flexibility. Click here for details.
    From this date, all deliveries from the UK will cost €6.50 for items up to 20kg.

All the above bold lettering is fatally flawed and partially wrong.

Seing as Northern Ireland is part of the UK, all their talk of prices from the UK is completely wrong!

From Great Britain would have made sense, I'm surprised they have made such a fundamental error. Northern Ireland (UK) will not be affected by our collection prices from Great Britain.

Somebody should tell them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,120 ✭✭✭shanec1928

Dempo1 wrote: »
    Eh no they weren’t. I found out via boards. Still haven’t gotten anything from dpd and up until late last week they didn’t have anything on there site.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Fly_away

All the above bold lettering is fatally flawed and partially wrong.

Seing as Northern Ireland is part of the UK, all their talk of prices from the UK is completely wrong!

From Great Britain would have made sense, I'm surprised they have made such a fundamental error. Northern Ireland (UK) will not be affected by our collection prices from Great Britain.

Somebody should tell them.

Yes they should specify GB. Although there is still some ambiguity as to how (or even if) the UK will uphold the NI protocol.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Daibheid

With three out of five parcels I had sent via this service apparently lost in the last month or so I think the real reason is Addresspal has just admitted they’re incompetent and thrown in the towel.
    Zero customer service.
    To be avoided at any price.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement