Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dunnes Stores Savida - Lipsy?

• 03-12-2007 11:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

I recently bought a cardi in Savida in Dunnes.
    I now see the same one on the Lipsy website.

WS145FRONT_BLACK.jpg?0.03622966167385322

There's also a skirt on the Lipsy website which looks identical to one in Savida, as well as a dress I was sure I saw there.

Dunnes recently got in trouble for copying Karen Millen, are they at it again?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 848 ✭✭✭MayMay

Feck it, Penneys copy all the Highstreet stores, I love Dunne's Savida Range. How did that all finish with Karen Millen in the end?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

The Savida one looks different enough to the Lipsy one to get away with. There's a dress that New Look have as well as Savida...not sure who's copying who. Kate Moss dress in green- Savida version in black.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,945 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Pythia wrote: »
    Dunnes recently got in trouble for copying Karen Millen, are they at it again?

Hopefully. Lets all keep really quiet about it in the hope they won't be forced to stop :)

Love that cardigan by the way... how much was it ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Pigletlover

The Savida one looks different enough to the Lipsy one to get away with. There's a dress that New Look have as well as Savida...not sure who's copying who. Kate Moss dress in green- Savida version in black.

I've actually seen a lot of things in New Look that are the same as Savida. Savida can be a little more expensive but it looks better quality, some of New Look's clothes have a 'cheap' look to them.

I used to work in Miss Selfridge/ Topshop and sometimes the same skirts and tops would appear in Pennys.
    The same stuff in New Look is in Lipsy most times too also
    Everyone does it believe me,
    It pays to shop around and not just only in the expensive reputable places, the quality is only better approx half the time

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭Lil' Smiler

Yeah it's kinda bugging me now that I see the same things everywhere and worst of all i don't like any of it!!

I'm sick of seeing those black dresses with the wide circular neckline (i think they're meant to be grecian look) with the kind of black jewel/shiny button type things around the neckline

all the stuff seems to be the same :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Siogfinsceal

my friends a fashion designer and was telling me about this. Theres a certain amount of things you need to change in an original design in order for it to be yours ( I think its 5). |These can be very subtle changes such as different fabric, different shade of color etc so they get away with it - hell my friend gets sent to paris by work to look at designs for next season (and change a few things!).

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭Innervision

I'm sick of seeing those black dresses with the wide circular neckline (i think they're meant to be grecian look) with the kind of black jewel/shiny button type things around the neckline

Hate these too! They're so unflattering

Advertisement