Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Rebuilding Ireland home loan

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Whodanoob

Sorry if this has been asked already, but can anyone tell me if there is an end date to the rebuilding Ireland loan scheme?Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Slavi Pavlov

Whodanoob wrote: »
    Sorry if this has been asked already, but can anyone tell me if there is an end date to the rebuilding Ireland loan scheme?Thanks

There is no end date to the scheme.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 DUB924

GlowStick wrote: »
    Anyone know about drawing down on the mortgage at this time of year? Been told by council that their books are closed for end of year reports so won't be getting the money till late February ���� estate agent and vendor aren't very happy

Hi, what CoCo is this?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Mikeyd11111

Can anyone tell me if changing job would be a problem? We have received approval in principle but since then I have changed employer. My partner is in permanent employment and I have been in continuous employment 6 years prior to this job change. Would we have to reapply due to a change in circumstances I wonder?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭givyjoe

Can anyone tell me if changing job would be a problem? We have received approval in principle but since then I have changed employer. My partner is in permanent employment and I have been in continuous employment 6 years prior to this job change. Would we have to reapply due to a change in circumstances I wonder?
    There's an online help chat available on the website during office hours. I've found them very helpful so far. Give them a try Tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Seems to vary by County Council going on this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭VW08

Does anyone know if the mortgage covers the professional fees too. Solicitor engineer etc?

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭lucast2007us

VW08 wrote:
    Does anyone know if the mortgage covers the professional fees too. Solicitor engineer etc?

No I believe you would have to come up with that yourself as well as the deposit

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

No I believe you would have to come up with that yourself as well as the deposit

Correct

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭VW08

Correct

Thanks.
    Heard the banks allow professional fees to be paid through the mortgage, so I had hoped! Do you get a list of what can actually be paid for with the mortgage?

• Advertisement

VW08 wrote: »
    Thanks.
    Heard the banks allow professional fees to be paid through the mortgage, so I had hoped! Do you get a list of what can actually be paid for with the mortgage?

Em, the house?!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,758 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

VW08 wrote: »
    Thanks.

Only the house. Everything else is your baby.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭coolio83

Hi, do the online calculators results count as a refusal? TIA

coolio83 wrote: »

You need refusal or evidence of insufficient funds I think, so something formal, i.e. documentation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭trudy2222

coolio83 wrote: »

No but you can apply online with AIB online and get approval in Principle and they give you a letter you can print yourself.

trudy2222 wrote: »
    No but you can apply online with AIB online and get approval in Principle and they give you a letter you can print yourself.

Oh okay, thanks

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭GaGa21

givyjoe wrote:
    You need refusal or evidence of insufficient funds I think, so something formal, i.e. documentation.

Or if like us, we were allowed apply on the basis that banks had refused us based on location.
    Although they approved our initial mortgage application, they refused us on the final paperwork, post survey and solicitors based purely on location of the house.
    So we were able to apply to our local council. Still waiting for it to be processed by underwriters though!

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Quinnciara

Has anyone heard back from their application this year so far ? Applied early November, just waiting patiently

Quinnciara wrote: »
    Has anyone heard back from their application this year so far ? Applied early November, just waiting patiently

What CoCo?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 44 Quinnciara

What CoCo?

Dublin Coco my apologies

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭lucast2007us

Quinnciara wrote:
    Dublin Coco my apologies

Your best bet is to get in touch with them I have heard that people get more luck if they keep at them.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Slavi Pavlov

Has anyone managed to drawdown for 2019 ?

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭extrafluff

Hey all,

I've tried looking but I can't seem to see any answers. On the RBIHL website, it states that the main applicant needs to be in continuous employment for 2 years. Is this strict?
    We were hoping to go for this before the Help To Buy scheme runs out on the 31/12/2019. I will be the main applicant but it will be February 2020 when I will have reached 2 years of continuous employment.

Or does anyone know if you can apply for the HTB before it runs out and does the approval stay in place for a certain period of time?

Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭trudy2222

extrafluff wrote: »
    Hey all,

I've tried looking but I can't seem to see any answers. On the RBIHL website, it states that the main applicant needs to be in continuous employment for 2 years. Is this strict?
    We were hoping to go for this before the Help To Buy scheme runs out on the 31/12/2019. I will be the main applicant but it will be February 2020 when I will have reached 2 years of continuous employment.

Or does anyone know if you can apply for the HTB before it runs out and does the approval stay in place for a certain period of time?

Thanks.

So I messaged them about the continuous employment as my partner is changing jobs so basically you can go from one job to the next as long as the break between each position is no longer than 4 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭extrafluff

So I messaged them about the continuous employment as my partner is changing jobs so basically you can go from one job to the next as long as the break between each position is no longer than 4 weeks.

Thanks for the quick reply. Looks like I'll have to wait. We went travelling for 6 months in 2017 and both left our jobs and only got employment in February 2018.

I knew I saw that somewhere also, do you remember where that is stated by any chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Jmk725

givyjoe wrote: »
    I knew I saw that somewhere also, do you remember where that is stated by any chance?

It says it on the FAQ on the website.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭brianmax88

Has anyone done a self build using the rebuilding ireland home loan? Can i get the loan approved before i have full planning?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭swarmberg

Hi All,

Planning on applying for this scheme soon. I will be applying alongside my partner. Have the 10% deposit saved when combined with HTB plus the extra for stamp duty and legal fees.

The problem is my that I have saved all the deposit myself and my partner has no savings. I have consistent savings and have been paying rent as well. The rent plus the amount I'm saving is more than the mortgage repayments we are looking for?

Will the fact he has zero savings be a massive problem? I would apply alone but need their smaller income as part of the multiple of income allowed. We are looking for approx 4x income. Anyone else encounter similar?

Thanks

Advertisement