Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hourly draws for Now TV pass with Nestle bars [Back for 2019]

• 21-06-2018 1:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭NuMarvel

Nestle are doing a promotion with what they describe as 1000 chances every hour to win a monthly Now TV pass - https://www.nestle-promotions.co.uk/nowtv/Public/Register.aspx.

Basically, you buy a bar, go to the website to enter the code on the inside of the wrapping, and if it's a winner you can get a 1-month NowTV pass. It's limited to a maximum of 4 passes per customer and only 1 of each type of pass, i.e. a maximum of 1 pass each for TV, Movies, Kids, and Sports.

I've entered twice and won twice. Great for free TV. Not great if you're (supposed to be) on a diet :D.

The offer runs until 15th July and you have until April next year to redeem your vouchers.

On a related note, NowTV are also offering their TV and Movie passes at a 66% discount, down from €15 to €5 per month, for two months. That offers runs until 2nd July 2018. New customers only, but in my experience a new customer is anyone who doesn't have a current pass.

So if you win a pass in the Nestle promotion, your best bet is sign up to the €5 per month for 2 months offer first, and then add the code for the Nestle pass in the second month. That way, you're getting three months TV or Movies for a total of €10.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭th283

Thanks OP, I entered twice and won twice too. On related note the promotional nestle bars are 2 for €1.40 in spar

• Registered Users Posts: 10,141 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

FWIW - Our office had a bunch of kitkats in fridge, so I asked for the wrappers, 4 bars = 4 wins. So could be an easy win each time.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭bobgaf

Thanks OP. One bar one win so far. Will go again.

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭karlyk1

I presume the bars are branded with the promotion? None in any of my local shops. Bummer.

I got them in Supervalu. None in Tesco.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭Danny2580

Has anyone won sky sports, or is it mostly cinema / entertainment?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭NuMarvel

karlyk1 wrote: »
    I presume the bars are branded with the promotion? None in any of my local shops. Bummer.

They'll have the branding on the right hand side of the wrapper, like these:

banner-packs.png
    Danny2580 wrote: »
    Has anyone won sky sports, or is it mostly cinema / entertainment?

You get to pick the pass you want if your code matches. But they're only offering day passes for the Sports channel; no week or month passes.

Edit: But they have a 60% off offer running for the monthly sports passes. You get the pass at €20 per month for three months if you buy a sports pass before before 8th July.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 460 ✭✭TetraSonic55

I got 6 bars in SuperValu, since they are 2 for 1.60, and only 2 of them won.

Cheers, that's 2 from 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭gerard2210

Got 2 bars yesterday won on both, got 1 entertainment and 1 movies pass. Picked up 2 more today, but after seeing Tetrasonics post about only winning on 2 out of 6 bars, I used a different email address and got 2 more passes.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Jurgen Klopp

Going by the amount of multiple wins I suppose it's on an algorithm, say if no numbers entered in last X amount of hours next code is a winner type of thing maybe

• Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭bromley52

2pm +/- 2 hrs is probably the worst time to try it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,939 ✭✭✭fdevine

Tip for anyone that wants to use an alternative email, for those that don't already know. If you have a gmail address you can put a dot anywhere in your name to create multiples.....

joebloggs@gm....
    j.oebloggs@
    jo.ebloggs@ etc. etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭joebloggs32

fdevine wrote: »
    Tip for anyone that wants to use an alternative email, for those that don't already know. If you have a gmail address you can put a dot anywhere in your name to create multiples.....

joebloggs@gm....
    j.oebloggs@
    jo.ebloggs@ etc. etc.

Hey fcek off and use your own made up name

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭xalot

Win for me first time.

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭craggy2

Nice one OP, thanks a million

• Registered Users Posts: 4,157 ✭✭✭Sappy404

Can someone check the wrapper for the T&Cs? Usually there's something about 'no purchase necessary'.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

Sappy404 wrote: »
    Can someone check the wrapper for the T&Cs? Usually there's something about 'no purchase necessary'.

Purchase necessary, except in NI it seems
    Eligibility:
    The promotion is open to UK (England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland), Isle of Man, Channel Island and Republic of Ireland residents aged 18+ only and excludes employees and the immediate families of Nestlé UK Ltd (“the Promoter”), its affiliated companies, agents or anyone professionally connected to the promotion.
    Internet access required.
    Purchase required (No Purchase Necessary available for Northern Ireland residents). Please retain promotional pack as proof of purchase.
    There is no limit on the number of entries permitted to the promotion, however participants can only win a maximum of four(4) times and must have a new unique promotional code for each entry. The four (4) prize maximum is conditional of a maximum of 1 pass type only per person during the Main Promotional Period and Catch All draws.
    Conduct of entry: The Promoter reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any entrant found to be tampering with the code redemption process or the operation of the promotion; or to be acting in any manner deemed by the Promoter to be in violation of the Terms and Conditions; or to be acting in any manner deemed by the Promoter to be disruptive.
    Anyone trying to circumvent the rules stated in these Terms & Conditions by using alternative details will be disqualified from this promotion.
    Bulk entries made from trade, consumer groups, agents, third parties or syndicates will not be accepted. If it becomes apparent that a participant is using a computer(s) to circumvent this condition by, for example, the use of programme, application, script, brute force or any other automated means, that person’s entries will be disqualified and any prize awarded will be void.
    Promotional Period:
    Main Promotional Period is from 8am to Midnight each day from 21.05.18 to Midnight 15.07.18 with one thousand (1,000) winning moments each hour. Entries outside these daily start and finish times will not be accepted.
    After the main promotional period there will be still be the opportunity to enter for the Catch All draws. Entries are only valid for one draw. Those entries received between 16.07.18 and 15.08.18 will be included in the draw that closes at midnight on 15.08.18. Entries received between 16.08.18 and 15.03.19 will be included in the draw that closes at midnight on 15.03.19 inclusive. Entries will not roll over between the draws.

EDIT: if you are trying to enter from north without a purchase you still need to send a letter to them so may as well spend the price of a stamp on a bar
    To enter without purchase in Northern Ireland only – applicants for a no purchase entry are required to send their name, age, full postal address and email address to: WIN a NOW TV Pass Promotion NPN, Consumer Services, Nestlé UK Ltd, Haxby Road, York, YO91 1XY. Once the request has been verified, a promotional code will be provided via email, which can then be entered on the microsite in order to enter the promotion. Only one entry per stamped, correctly mailed envelope. A maximum of three (3) entries per person per day. Bulk entries or entries sent through trade, consumer groups, agents, syndicates or third parties will not be accepted. No purchase necessary applications must be received by the Promoter no later than 08.07.18 to ensure that requests can be processed before the final closing date.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,715 ✭✭✭Doodah7

I'm two for two on this. Redeemed my codes between 8 and 9am on the basis that not many chocolate bars are consumed at that hour and people are too busy getting to work/school etc. to redeem the codes.

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭n!ghtmancometh

Won one there, 1.30pm. Cheers op. Movies free for the month.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Jurgen Klopp

I have visions of someone stuffing their coat with bars in this hot weather and it bursts open with melted chocolate flowing everywhere like Homer Simpson and the gummy bears

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Picky owner

Nice one ,two KitKats today,won two passes,great bargain op,thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭Pangea

Does the email address you use for the nestle promotion have to match your Now TV account email address?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭bromley52

Pangea wrote: »
    Does the email address you use for the nestle promotion have to match your Now TV account email address?

No

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭soap1978

5 bars 5 wins thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 7,857 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

You get a free 2 weeks anyway by going to their website (so it said on an ad on telly last night).
    Probably 2 weeks free when u sign up as a new customer or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,316 ✭✭✭Absoluvely

Anything stopping you getting 31 bars, 31 fake e-mail addresses, 31 sports pass codes, and getting sports for a whole month on the one NowTV account?

I'm thinking the limit of each type of pass per customer only applies on the Nestlé side when you're getting the codes. Once you have the codes you can apply them all to the one NowTV account, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭postsnthing

Absoluvely wrote:
    I'm thinking the limit of each type of pass per customer only applies on the Nestlé side when you're getting the codes. Once you have the codes you can apply them all to the one NowTV account, right?

One of each type per account max of 4

• Registered Users Posts: 1,316 ✭✭✭Absoluvely

One of each type per account max of 4

That's only applied on the Nestlé side when you're getting the codes I assume. I'm imagining that when I have the codes I can pile them all into one account, right?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭NuMarvel

Absoluvely wrote: »
    Anything stopping you getting 31 bars, 31 fake e-mail addresses, 31 sports pass codes, and getting sports for a whole month on the one NowTV account?

Could there be something in the code that the Now TV site will recognise as being part of this promotion and apply the restriction on their side too? Considering how often people are winning codes, I'd be surprised if there wasn't something on their side to stop someone going to town on it.

Advertisement