Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nespresso - 'Gifting Friday' Vertuo Machine + Aerocinno 3+ 100 Capsules €99

• 18-11-2020 11:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,254 ✭✭✭

Maybe low hanging fruit as it appears in this forum a fair bit.
    https://www.nespresso.com/ie/en/black-friday

I'd just bought the €99 deal before the frother was thrown into the mix as well two weeks ago and pretty impressed so far and handy for the WFH situation.

Sure the capsules are expensive at 70c each...but it scratches an itch and is cheaper than heading to cafe next door daily!

I much prefer my Vertuo to the original nespresso machine, it just means you're tied into their ecosystem of capsules and can't buy third party ones...but for €99 its' a steal...

Big pro for me was that it pours big large mugs of coffee instead of using the original capsules and filling with water,

If you look at the RRPs..

Machine €99 (apparently down from €189)
    Aerocinno €70
    100 capsules (€50/60 quid)
    20 or so sample capsules they add in.
    and 1st/6th month free voucher.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭garrettod

Hi,

It certainly looks like a good deal, and it's probably cheaper than using two Lungo capsuls, if you want a large coffee regularly.

Given you've got both machines, any suggestions for a comparable coffee to the Fortissio Lungo please?

... Why they don't offer the same coffees in both the Lungo and larger capsuls, is beyond me (and frustrating, tbh).

Thanks.

Thanks,

G.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭bleuhh

Nice deal, thanks OP! Have the Vertuo one too and I absolutely love it. Think I'll get this for my mother for Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,686 ✭✭✭893bet

bleuhh wrote: »
    Nice deal, thanks OP! Have the Vertuo one too and I absolutely love it. Think I'll get this for my mother for Christmas.

And keep the aerocini and pods I bet.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,254 ✭✭✭Shlippery

garrettod wrote: »
    Hi,

It certainly looks like a good deal, and it's probably cheaper than using two Lungo capsuls, if you want a large coffee regularly.

Given you've got both machines, any suggestions for a comparable coffee to the Fortissio Lungo please?

... Why they don't offer the same coffees in both the Lungo and larger capsuls, is beyond me (and frustrating, tbh).

Thanks.

Yea, i'm still trying them all and finding what I like - I think 'Fortado Lungo' is probably the one you're looking for. (150ml)

I normally settle for whatever capsule I have that's Mug sized and go from there

It'll pour any of the following depending on what capsule you use:

Espresso (40ml)
    Double Espresso (80ml)
    Gran Lungo (150ml)
    Mug (230ml)
    Alto (414ml)

I've my Aeropress and grinder if I want to use fresh beans...but I can't deny the Vertuo is far more convenient while working from home and getting me through the day.

I couldn't justify spending €500+ on a D'elonghi / bean to cup (limited kitchen space) so the Vertuo ticked most of the boxes at a reasonable price!

(I had the original machine pre-COVID, but wasn't using it enough as I had unlimited coffee in the office / never worked from home... so left it at my parents house hence the need for a new one for myself)

• Registered Users, Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,158 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

I thought it was a good deal even before they threw the milk frother in it. I bought an Aerocino separately a few months back. It really makes the whole thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,686 ✭✭✭893bet

Do you have to get the subscription as part of this one?

Considering as a gift.

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Buttros

As far as I know the subscription is basically you credit 20 eur a month to your nespresso account to use whenever. It doesn't mean to get a delivery every month which is what I had wrongly assumed. Getting first and 6th month credit added free is handy. In 6 months bang in a big order and cancel the sub.

I havent gotten a sub myself yet...... so open to correction but was reading up on this during the week.

I think you activate the sub afterwards I meant to add.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,249 ✭✭✭Homer

I thought it was a good deal even before they threw the milk frother in it. I bought an Aerocino separately a few months back. It really makes the whole thing.

Yep I got this offer the last time for €99 without the frothed and bought it separately. This is fantastic value IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 2,392 ✭✭✭LowOdour

Are there reusable pods available for this?

893bet wrote: »
    Do you have to get the subscription as part of this one?

Considering as a gift.

Nope! You'll get one (massive) black bag from a courier containing machine and capsules (and I imagine the frother too now)

It included a voucher for 2 free months subscription (1st and 6th month), it's a little scratch card but it's completely optional. (no requirement for 24 month sub like the previous 'free' machine offer

I tried it yesterday and it gave me €34 credit to use on the nespresso store / option to cancel any time..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭baingal nancer

Was about to purchase a Lavazza pod machine untill I seen this deal, glad I waited now

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Shlippery wrote: »
    Nope! You'll get one (massive) black bag from a courier containing machine and capsules (and I imagine the frother too now)

It included a voucher for 2 free months subscription (1st and 6th month), it's a little scratch card but it's completely optional. (no requirement for 24 month sub like the previous 'free' machine offer

I tried it yesterday and it gave me €34 credit to use on the nespresso store / option to cancel any time..
    So you can redeem the first month's free credit and then cancel the subscription straight away?

Quackster wrote: »
    So you can redeem the first month's free credit and then cancel the subscription straight away?

Yea, I was staring at the scratch card for ages thinking there must be a catch, and typed it in for the craic last night.

KHwsa5B.png

It's €30 p/m plan. It charges you €1 to 'activate' the subscription (I used my Revolut) ...then you get €30 + €1 activation charge and an extra €3 because they're just giving away money.

and then I can clearly see a 'cancel' plan which just asks 'why'
    m50vRu8.png

So, if they throw this scratch card in with the bargain, it's probably an even better deal.

Coffee Machine
    Frother
    100 capsules
    20 or so selection box of capsules
    and €34 credit for the nespresso store in the form of a 'subscription'(which I think can be used on anything, including accessories??)

I must sound like some sort of Nespresso shill by now, but feckin hell that's mad value, they must have insane margins on the coffee and an abundance of Aerocinno 3's to flog!

• Registered Users Posts: 36,161 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Shlippery wrote: »
    I must sound like some sort of Nespresso shill by now, but feckin hell that's mad value, they must have insane margins on the coffee and an abundance of Aerocinno 3's to flog!

They're flooding the market. If they can get a load of Nespresso v1 machines into the bin and replaced with Vertuo long term they win out.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Jonesy101

i cant get past the payment page it wont load on my laptop or phone, that happening to anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭luketitz

Thanks OP, just bought one there.

I don't even drink coffee but this seems a brilliant deal for guests whenever that's allowed again, I hate fumbling over feckin cups of nescafe.. and they hate drinking it!

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭Peck3277

Has anyone used the stainless steel reusable capsules? I have the machine but I don't really want to buy any more capsules, any idea if the reusables are any good?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,392 ✭✭✭LowOdour

Bit the bullet and bought one....we have a lavazza modo mini that's never used so hoping to get more use out of the nespresso.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭Panda5000

Peck3277 wrote: »
    Has anyone used the stainless steel reusable capsules? I have the machine but I don't really want to buy any more capsules, any idea if the reusables are any good?

I have, not great. Difficult to get the grind size and pack density right. Mostly the water forms a channel through the capsule and you get a very weak and inconsistent coffee.

For less effort and much better coffee I went with an Aeropress instead. Still have the Nespresso for when I want to grab a quick cup between calls.

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭ebayissues

Which machine should a newbie get? The plus or chrome version?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34 Nightman16

We've got the vertuo plus here and have no complaints. At the stage we're all the roommates chip in for capsules too after trying it while working from home.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,214 ✭✭✭Redrocket

Jonesy101 wrote: »
    i cant get past the payment page it wont load on my laptop or phone, that happening to anyone?

I had the same issue using chrome. It kept looping me back to login page after trying to finalize the order. I tried a different browser, in my case firefox worked.

The credit card pin verification page also came up stupidly out of visibility, and I had to scroll down to see the verification pin section, on a fully white page this is confusing.

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Mightydrumming

Ordered last night, mad to try the Aerocinno

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭Moody_mona

That was the only reason I ordered

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

Aerochino is great. I had the dishwasher safe chrome one but in a house move the base was lost so came on to get another.

80 quid. Or 99 for a brand new machine, aerochino and caps. No brainer. Ordered yesterday

The vertuo machine is great

• Registered Users, Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,158 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

I have an Aerocino. It's a great little thing. I think the fresher the milk the better. I find if you use the milk from the end of the carton it doesn't get as frothy.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,249 ✭✭✭Homer

I have an Aerocinno. It's a great little thing. I think the fresher the milk the better. I find if you use the milk from the end of the carton it doesn't get as frothy.

Also full fat milk froths better than low fat according to one of the staff members in the Nespresso store. But yes after a few days you notice a difference in the frothiness.

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Mightydrumming

I have an Aerocinno. It's a great little thing. I think the fresher the milk the better. I find if you use the milk from the end of the carton it doesn't get as frothy.

I had a frother a while back and tried a load of different milks. Best out of them all is Mossfields Organic milk. It's not homogenised so much creamier and sweeter! Fresher the better :)

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭shabbyalonso

All - this is probably a full on daft question however having never had a coffee machine, I have no idea!

Can one of these machines make a latte and/or cappuccino?

I'm sort of assuming that you get different style coffees per each pod? Maybe then froth up the milk and add?

I'm no connoisseur but am very tempted to give one of these a bash.....if they can do the above style coffees!

Thanks

• Advertisement

All - this is probably a full on daft question however having never had a coffee machine, I have no idea!

Can one of these machines make a latte and/or cappuccino?

I'm sort of assuming that you get different style coffees per each pod? Maybe then froth up the milk and add?

I'm no connoisseur but am very tempted to give one of these a bash.....if they can do the above style coffees!

Thanks

That's more or less how you do it.

Advertisement