Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Want to join a diving club/advertise your club?

• 01-11-2010 2:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

A number of people have been advertising that their clubs are open to takeing on new members recently on boards which is great.

I thought it best to start a sticky to provide one stop shop for all clubs/potential recruits to come and have a look.

There is ofcourse a couple of requirements. This is for clubs not scuba shops/operators for free advertising. We are developing a community here and not providing a platform for free advertising. Breach of this will result in swift deltion of your post and possibly a ban. If in doubt feel free to PM a mod and check it out first.

For clubs wishing to post that they are recruiting new members you must provide the following:
    Club name:
    Membership Fees:
    Euquipment needed to join:

Failure to provide the above information may result in your post being deleted.

Enjoy!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭truebluesac

true blue sac are a fun scuba diving club based in guiness pool in dublin . we are lookin for new members . we are looking for new or experienced divers . we have all our own facilities in cluding dive boat and compresssor . club dive gear .

we have divers ranging from beginner to technical deep divers and wreck diving. underwater photography - marine biology and boat skipper (coxwain), and can teach courses from beginner rite up to instructor and beyond .

so if you are looking for a fun packed laid back club with an adventurous differance contact me here and start the fun expierance of scuba divin

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭howtomake

Club name: Kish Sub Aqua Club
    Location: Guinness Swimming Pool, Watling Street, Dublin 8 (every week throughout the year).

Association (CFT/PADI/Other): CMAS & CFT
    Membership Fees: Depending on membership status (junior, senior, family, etc) from €5/week
    Equipment needed to join: Swim togs and basic snorkel gear (poolfins, mask and snorkel)

http://kishsac.org/
    Kishtrainingofficer(AT)gmail.com

the cheek of kish . hijacking our thread . just goes to show the calibour of their members :D

our prices are also form 5 quid a week depending on status

the cheek of kish . hijacking our thread . just goes to show the calibour of their members :D

our prices are also form 5 quid a week depending on status

Now to be fair, Peace made this a sticky for all clubbers to post :D:D.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭yankinlk

Great idea for a thread!

Club name: Limerick Sub Aqua Club
    Location: UL Arena Swimming Pool for Training, Boat moored in Kilkee in summer

Association (CFT/PADI/Other): CFT
    Membership Fees: Range from €1-€6.75 per week See Fees list HERE
    Euquipment needed to join: Snorkel, Mask and Fins

http://www.limericksubaqua.com for more info, stories and pictures.

Winter Snorkel training starts Tuesday evenings at 8:45pm in UL Arena Pool beginning October 12th. Anyone interested in getting fit is welcome to join us - come down to the Arena and ask for LSAC at the door, we meet poolside before training. Anyone interested in learning to dive should enquire at poolside.

• Advertisement

howtomake wrote: »
    Now to be fair, Peace made this a sticky for all clubbers to post :D:D.
    actually he deleted my original post and his post is the first to be seen :D

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 398 ✭✭Benny-c

Club name:Inbhear Sceine/Kerry Sub-Aqua Club
    Association (CFT/PADI/Other):CFT
    Membership Fees:€250 (Incl €100 to CFT/Insurance)
    Equipment needed to join:None initally but Mask, Fins & Snorkel for Pool Training (After Xmas).

Inbhear Sceine/Kerry Sub-Aqua Club are holding a 20min talk re. Club activities & Trainee Dive Course followed by a Try-a Dive in the Gleneagle Hotel Killarney on Wed 24th Nov @7.30pm. All equipment for the night will be provided & will be supervised by fully-qualified instructors.

Any queries please PM me.

Benny

PS Our new website will be operational soon, so sorry no link yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 nyconuntouch

any clubs taking on new members in the south dub area?

any clubs taking on new members in the south dub area?
    They all are, I defo know that Trueblusac and Kish are. We both meet at the Guiness pool, Trueblue around 6/7 and us (Kish) around 8/9.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

Club name: NUIG/GMIT Sub-Aqua Club (www.galwaydiving.com)
    clublogoy.jpg
    We train in NUIG on Wednesday nights. Both for lectures and in the NUIG Kingfisher pool afterwards. 8pm-11pm every Wednesday.

Association (CFT/PADI/Other): CFT (or we can crossover PADI certs)

Membership Fees:
    €2/year... so just under 4cent/week! :D:D
    There will also be a CFT insurance cost of €50/year (student rate), everyone needs it.

Equipment needed to join:
    Nothing initially. A group order for fins, booties, mask and snorkel are made in September (~€110). Then a group order for a two piece semi-dry, hood, gloves, weightbelt and weight will be made in December/January (~€330).
    The expensive stuff (BCD/Tanks/Regs) are provided for use free by the club. Air fills are free and we just chip in for petrol costs when going on a trip.

:) You'll not find a cheaper way to learn to dive! :)

The training season is September -> March with a lecture or two and pool skills every week. We can only accept members in September so just posting this so students in NUIG or GMIT in September 2011 have a heads up to save for the equipment above! ;)

• Advertisement

foto joe wrote: »
    Club name: NUIG/GMIT Sub-Aqua Club (www.galwaydiving.com)

;)

Haha, that underwater hockey looks intense!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 kronos56

Club name: Burren Sub Aqua Club
    Membership Fees: €350 per year, includes club diver training and unlimited air/nitrox
    Equipment needed to join: swim suit

Open night is 8pm, Wednesday, Jan 5th at Shamrock Hotel in Lahinch, with a try-a-dive after wards in the Lahinch pool. All welcome. Contact 086 8180044 or www.burrensubaquaclub.com for more info

• Registered Users Posts: 31 RogerViking

Club name: Viking Sub Aqua Club
    Association CMAS & CFT
    Membership Fees: 550 (400 for new trainee diver)

includes training, Air/ Nitrox fills, all boat dives' as many as you can fit in a given year.
    Equipment needed to join: Swim togs and basic snorkel gear (fins, mask and snorkel)
    contact
    Rogercantwell@gmail.com
    see us on facebook
    i found joining a club was like finding a 2nd family :)
    www.vikingsubaqua.com

Club name: True Blue SAC
    Location:Guiness pool / watling street at 7pm on wed evenings

Association (CFT/PADI/Other): CMAS
    Membership Fees: depending on status from 5 quid a week
    Euquipment needed to join: swimming togs

very social club with mid week , weekend, weekend away diving and dive holidays planed every year , family freindly with a seals club for younger members

please note the new start time of 7pm on wed evenings . for any futher info please pm me and ill return you queary as soon as possible

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Jonniealan

Hello,

I m looking to join a dive club. Im an advanced open water diver, but dont have much diving experience here in Ireland.

I am looking to gain more experience can you advise what i need to do ?

Thanks

Jonathan

you have a pm
    Jonniealan wrote: »
    Hello,

I m looking to join a dive club. Im an advanced open water diver, but dont have much diving experience here in Ireland.

Thanks

Jonathan

• Registered Users Posts: 3 kronos56

Jonniealan wrote: »
    Hello,

Thanks

Jonathan
    Easy. Check cft.ie for a list of all the Irish Underwater council affiliated clubs in Ireland. If you're close to the mid-west, go to burrensubaquaclub.com for details how to join our Co. Clare based one.

kronos56 wrote: »
    Easy. Check cft.ie for a list of all the Irish Underwater council affiliated clubs in Ireland.

It used to be that easy - but the link has been replaced with a google map with no club info. Frustrating as 90% of our new trainees come from the web. Luckily our website is great - and comes up easily in google (and linked here thanks!) but CFT.ie was a great place to find a club in your area.

http://www.cft.ie/clubs.htm

Ive mailed the webadmin - but i recon it could be a while before its back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

This might be of help... ;)

cft_clubs.jpg

Club name: Viking Sub Aqua Club
    Association CMAS & CFT
    Membership Fees: 550 (400 for new trainee diver)
    includes training, Air/ Nitrox fills, all boat dives' as many as you can fit in a given year.
    Equipment needed to join: Swim togs and basic snorkel gear (fins, mask and snorkel)
    contact Rogercantwell@gmail.com
    see us on facebook
    i found joining a club was like finding a 2nd family :)
    www.vikingsubaqua.com

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭BigDuffman

I've been finding it hard to get a response from any diving clubs I contacted. I'm an experienced warm water diver (working on getting the PADI Master Diver qualification). And would like to get involved in club to get CMAS / CFT qualified?

I am based in the Raheny / Howth Dublin 5 region on the North side. Anyone out there in or can reccomend a club?

hi you can come meet viking sac at coolmine lesure centre at 9pm on wendnesday ask for roger bring your swimming trunks/suit if you want to have a go in the pool .

roger 0872300744

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 dusac

Club name: Dublin University SubAqua Club (DUSAC)
    Association: BSAC
    Membership Fees: details here
    Equipment needed to join: basic snorkel gear (though club has some for borrowing)
    Open to: Trinity students, staff and graduates

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭krank

Are there any clubs around Dublin that specialize in snorkeling? There's a few of us that are really keen to try it. Not too much interest in full on diving from all quarters I'm afraid :(. I guess it's the outlay.

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭seadeuce

Give CFT a ring and ask that question. There used to be, might still be, a club for snorkellers in Kildare:

01 2844601

Seadeuce

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭lmmoonbeam1976

BigDuffman wrote: »
    I've been finding it hard to get a response from any diving clubs I contacted. I'm an experienced warm water diver (working on getting the PADI Master Diver qualification). And would like to get involved in club to get CMAS / CFT qualified?

I am based in the Raheny / Howth Dublin 5 region on the North side. Anyone out there in or can reccomend a club?

Great idea for a thread!

Club name: Aquamarine SAC
    Location: Trinity Sports and Leisure complex , Donaghmede dublin 13
    TIME : 915 PM EVERY 2ND MONDAY -NEXT SESSION 25TH JULY 2011
    Association (CFT/PADI/Other): CFT - PADI CROSSOVERS
    Membership Fees: Depending on the type of memberships needed
    Equipment needed to join: Snorkel, Mask and Fins

New website is in the process of been designed Anyone interested in getting fit is welcome to join us - come down to the pool and youll see us in the lobby and ask for the DO

Our boats are moored in howth during the summer

• Registered Users Posts: 13 meat bomb

Are there any Padi clubs out there operating throughout the whole week? I'm based in Offaly so anything within easy driving distance would be good!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Greg_J

Club name: Daunt Sub Aqua Club
    Association: CMAS
    Equipment needed to join: Some gear and skills for 2012 year
    Open to: For 2012 we welcome crossovers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 dusac

An update to DUSAC's details: we're signing up new divers next Tuesday night. All times, costs, course details and more are on our website at dusac.org
    dusac wrote: »
    Club name: Dublin University SubAqua Club (DUSAC)
    Association: BSAC
    Equipment needed to join: basic snorkel gear (though club has some for borrowing)
    Open to: Trinity students, staff and graduates
    Facebook: www.facebook.com/groups/6029386265
    Twitter: twitter.com/#!/trinitydiving

• Advertisement

yankinlk wrote: »
    Great idea for a thread!

Club name: Limerick Sub Aqua Club
    Location: UL Arena Swimming Pool for Training, Boat moored in Kilkee in summer

Membership Fees: Range from €1-€6.75 per week See Fees list HERE
    Euquipment needed to join: Snorkel, Mask and Fins

http://www.limericksubaqua.com for more info, stories and pictures.

Winter Snorkel training starts Tuesday evenings at 8:45pm in UL Arena Pool beginning October 11th. Anyone interested in learning to dive should come on down to the Arena and ask for Limerick Sub Aqua. Anyone interested in getting fit is welcome to join us - come down to the Arena and ask for LSAC at the door, we meet poolside before training.

Updating LSAC's info as well. New season about to start. We are looking for new trainee SCUBA members again this year!

Check out this video if you are sitting on the fence! http://youtu.be/v-Nq5PKfSYM

Advertisement