Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

NBA Regular Season & Playoffs 2017-18

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,694 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Ben Simmons just recorded a 21-12-10 triple double, 72.7 FG%
    Joel Embiid 30pts, 9 rebounds, 2 steals, +21 plus-minus.

TRUST THE PROCESS.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 584 ✭✭✭brady23

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Ben Simmons just recorded a 21-12-10 triple double, 72.7 FG%
    Joel Embiid 30pts, 9 rebounds, 2 steals, +21 plus-minus.

TRUST THE PROCESS.

Assuming there is no injury he wins ROY at his ease.
    First rookie since Blake to make the all star team looks a possibility if he can continue to play anything close to this.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

brady23 wrote: »
    http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/21127746/eric-bledsoe-sent-home-meeting-phoenix-suns

Bledsoe on the way out now. I don't know where the trade comes from though.

I thought back to the Clippers but I don't think they have any assets.

Denver most likely destination. They need a PG and were almost at a deal int he summer apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/21082183/story-chicago-bulls-downfall

An excellent read on the demise of the Chicago Bulls.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,908 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

great to see the 2 young jay's stepping up for the celtics. A real shame Hayward got injured, could have been a great season. Might still be yet !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,630 ✭✭✭nerd69

2smiggy wrote: »
    great to see the 2 young jay's stepping up for the celtics. A real shame Hayward got injured, could have been a great season. Might still be yet !!

I mean if you come out of the season with then looking like they could be future all-stars plus Kyre plus Hayward coming back it'd be hard to be unhappy that's some core to build around

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

NufcNavan wrote: »
    http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/21082183/story-chicago-bulls-downfall

An excellent read on the demise of the Chicago Bulls.

Thanks for that. :(

Aside from the Rose injury, the key for me was dismantling the Bench Mob because, as always, they were too mean to go into the luxury tax despite being a contender. That and the absolute joke of a front office who have made shocking decision after shocking decision after shocking decision after shocking decision.

It's going to be a long, long way back.

nerd69 wrote: »
    I mean if you come out of the season with then looking like they could be future all-stars plus Kyre plus Hayward coming back it'd be hard to be unhappy that's some core to build around

They definitely look like long term prospects that you're happy to build around as they fit quite well with Irving and Haywards timeline.

I wasn't a fan of the Horford move at the time and I'm still not. He's excellent in the regular season and does so many great things but he just doesn't play well in the post season.
    Celtics have two more years after this season ending at 30m. The salary cap hasn't risen as high as originally projected so his contract is going to be tough to move given he's never opting out of his player option.

I think finding a suitor for his contract while freeing up some space could be a decent move. Imo without Hayward the Celtics aren't beating the Cavs and are potentially in trouble vs Wizards and Bucks. It wouldn't be popular but I think there is definite value in moving Horford and making a run at a younger big man. Perhaps you could make a deal with Horford and Cousins assuming Cousins agrees to sign long term

nerd69 wrote: »
    They definitely look like long term prospects that you're happy to build around as they fit quite well with Irving and Haywards timeline.

I wasn't a fan of the Horford move at the time and I'm still not. He's excellent in the regular season and does so many great things but he just doesn't play well in the post season.
    Celtics have two more years after this season ending at 30m. The salary cap hasn't risen as high as originally projected so his contract is going to be tough to move given he's never opting out of his player option.

I think finding a suitor for his contract while freeing up some space could be a decent move. Imo without Hayward the Celtics aren't beating the Cavs and are potentially in trouble vs Wizards and Bucks. It wouldn't be popular but I think there is definite value in moving Horford and making a run at a younger big man. Perhaps you could make a deal with Horford and Cousins assuming Cousins agrees to sign long term

It's early days but they're both looking good. Stephens seems to have a thing for 6'8"-ish quick and athletic (wings) guys who can play multiple positions. Seems like he wants to have a team of a PG and 4 of those.

Horford is very definitely the odd man out on a very young team, but for the reasons you say moving him isn't going to be easy.

I'd take Boogie in a heartbeat but by all accounts, the Celtics aren't keen on him from a chemistry perspective.

The rumours are/were that Hayward and particularly Kyrie were just stepping stones to landing Anthony Davis and creating another Big 3. How likely that ever was or is now that Hayward's injured remains to be seen. There's been a few podcasts about this recently (openfloor, Ringer NBA or maybe it was the Bill Simmons Pod) that are worth checking out. NO sounds like one badly run franchise.

I don't expect Davis to stay in NO at the end of his current contract, but he could go anywhere.

Just watched last night's Top 10 Plays. Nice old-school Blake dunk in there. it's still very impressive but he doesn't look to be flying as high and the jump doesn't seem to be as explosive as it used to be.....not that I ever dunked like that of course!

• Advertisement

Small point....but the fricking size of the Nike swoosh logo on the new jerseys compared is at the point where it's practically distracting.

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭rushfan

Small point....but the fricking size of the Nike swoosh logo on the new jerseys compared is at the point where it's practically distracting.

There was a fair sized swoosh in the back of LeBron's jersey there recently too. I'd say Nike loved that!!

Anyone see the end of the Thunder/Wolves game?.

Melo landed a 3 with 4 seconds to go to put them up 1 and then without any TOs left, Wiggins took the inbound dribbled over half court before hoisting an awkward looking/half contested jumper that banked in for the win.

Worth a watch back.

Blake Griffin with a 3 to win it against Portland last night. Absolutely shocking, shocking defence both from an effort and a technical execution/fundamentals perspective from Portland though....I'd be annoyed if an U15 team played D that badly on a game on the line play.

Anyone see the end of the Thunder/Wolves game?.

Melo landed a 3 with 4 seconds to go to put them up 1 and then without any TOs left, Wiggins took the inbound dribbled over half court before hoisting an awkward looking/half contested jumper that banked in for the win.

Worth a watch back.

It was an exciting finish sure, but the Wiggins shot was a bit of a brick that went in....rather than a great shot.

Now this...this is one hell of a game-winning shot:

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/21172847/zach-lowe-10-things-like-featuring-giannis-antetokounmpo-nba

I really like Zach Lowe, he always picks really good clips, not flashy just in game situations that exemplify his points really well.

Great clip of Manu switching screens and an example of why Westbrook although great is probably the most ideal teammate to help develop rookies

I like al just not at the max. He's a good leader a clever if not great defender and a matchup nightmare for traditionalcenters he ruined gortat last year

Simmons just looks phenomenal. He plays with such control.
    10-15 from the field for 23-7-8 along with 3 steals and 1 TO. 76ers should have 2 all stars assuming they stay fit

Also Parsons rolled back the clock 2 years last night. Memphis 5-1 now. I'm not a huge Parsons fan but for Memphis sake I hope he rediscovers something close to the value they paid

Meanwhile, Lonzo Ball continues to underperform.

Yes I know I'm being petty, but F*CK THE LAKERS ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

8 points in the 2nd quarter in a 34 defeat at home to the Thunder for the Bulls last night. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭bot43

Is it possible to watch nba pass on PS4?

GS over/under is 67 (maybe it was 67.5) They've already lost 3 games.

GS continue their routine destruction of the Clippers. Starters benched for the 4th quarter and they still put up 141.

Watched full game Ben Simmons highlights for every game so far over the weekend. Just a phenomenal skillset for a guy do big. He looks a little awkward at times dribbling (esp. in the open court) and the whole shot issues are still there, but his passing and vision are exceptional.

bot43 wrote: »
    Is it possible to watch nba pass on PS4?

Yes but you need to set up a non European account.

Blazers had 6 points in the 2nd quarter last night. That's hard to do.

Blazers had 6 points in the 2nd quarter last night. That's hard to do.

The Kings had 10 I think after the first quarter v Pacers. They are terrible yet again.

Sabonis has been the steal of the PG trade. Putting up double doubles for fun.

I don't know where he will play once Turner comes back though.

Pacers blowing out the Cavs in their own gym lol.

Ben Simmons continues to impress.

Jahlil Okafor however is requesting a trade out of Philly, poor guy.

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Ben Simmons continues to impress.

Jahlil Okafor however is requesting a trade out of Philly, poor guy.

I'd be interested to see him on a well run team

• Advertisement

2013-14 Al Jefferson is the ceiling I would say and a team with a slow offense beside a defensive minded center is possibly best case scenario.
    He basically needs to get a trade to Utah.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement