Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Golf Society-Carton House (O'Meara)-10:30am

• 29-01-2018 9:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭

Hi Lads
    Were onto outing number 2 playing Carton House this time,hopefully the weather is alot more enjoyable but being realistic its February in Ireland.............:rolleyes:
    This is the first counting event so anyone who's thinking of joining now is the time.Hopefully we can get a good turnout here again.
    For the members this outing is 40euro and for a visitor it's 50 euro so obviously it pays to be a boards member especially on a quality course like this.
    From what i remember playing a few years ago its bunkers everywhere!! or mabye i was in them all day:)This course gets a whopping 87 on Kevin Markham's Golf Bible so a treat for a first time visitor.
    (Any recommendations on longest drive or nearest the pin I'll take on board lads before contacting the club.)
    PP

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭davegilly

How, where and how much is it to join the society?

davegilly wrote: »

I found the how much! Do I just pay fee on the day? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭a post punk

I found the how much! Do I just pay fee on the day? Thanks
    Forward your details to Seve OB here on the forum ( handicap etc...to get setup)and yes you pay on the day then.

February 17th is the date aswell lads

• Registered Users Posts: 8,424 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

Won't be able to make this one captain. I'll be over your part of the world that day.

Wish I was around as I really enjoy the O'Meara. It has a cracking run of holes on the back 9, up there with the best. I'd say 16 is a perfect nearest the pin hole. Not a long hole, but all carry as it's water tee to green. 14 is also a really lovely par 3. Not 100% on long drive. There are plenty of options though.

• Advertisement

Won't be able to make this one captain. I'll be over your part of the world that day.

Wish I was around as I really enjoy the O'Meara. It has a cracking run of holes on the back 9, up there with the best. I'd say 16 is a perfect nearest the pin hole. Not a long hole, but all carry as it's water tee to green. 14 is also a really lovely par 3. Not 100% on long drive. There are plenty of options though.
    No hassle , we’ll catch you at the next 1 space. Thanks for the recommendations

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭zep

Hi Lads
    Were onto outing number 2 playing Carton House this time,hopefully the weather is alot more enjoyable but being realistic its February in Ireland.............:rolleyes:
    This is the first counting event so anyone who's thinking of joining now is the time.Hopefully we can get a good turnout here again.
    For the members this outing is 40euro and for a visitor it's 50 euro so obviously it pays to be a boards member especially on a quality course like this.
    From what i remember playing a few years ago its bunkers everywhere!! or mabye i was in them all day:)This course gets a whopping 87 on Kevin Markham's Golf Bible so a treat for a first time visitor.
    (Any recommendations on longest drive or nearest the pin I'll take on board lads before contacting the club.)
    PP

Longest drive 10th hole ðŸ‘

zep wrote: »
    Longest drive 10th hole ðŸ‘
    Hole 14 nearest pin

Just looking at the scorecard for the O'Meara and it's fairly long! I've only played about 7 rounds in total in 15 years so it's a bit daunting!!
    Will we be playing off the white or green tees??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,248 ✭✭✭slingerz

i'd like to think could make this one, be my first boards outing. I'll need that all important permission for the missus first before confirming!

• Advertisement

Just looking at the scorecard for the O'Meara and it's fairly long! I've only played about 7 rounds in total in 15 years so it's a bit daunting!!
    Will we be playing off the white or green tees??

Green as they are visitors. Whites are members.

slingerz wrote: »
    i'd like to think could make this one, be my first boards outing. I'll need that all important permission for the missus first before confirming!

Just tell her "I'm going out to play golf with a bunch of lads I've never met before, but who I've been in contact with on the internet plenty of times" :D

Nothing strange there

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭eoghan104

Hi Guys,

I would like to play this. I might not get to many other outings in but what is the cost to join the society?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭RoadRunner

Should be able to make this (Early tee suits best)

I am going to go to this one too. Earliest tee possible please would suit best.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭newindublin

I am in for this one, looking forward to this course

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭newindublin

https://www.cartonhouse.com/files/hotel/downloads/OMeara_v3.pdf

14-15-16 stretch look like a great way to kill a good round!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,248 ✭✭✭slingerz

If i get the permission earliest tee would suit me best if at all possible

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,189 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

Early for me too please boss!!

https://www.cartonhouse.com/files/hotel/downloads/OMeara_v3.pdf

14-15-16 stretch look like a great way to kill a good round!

To me its actually one of the nicest run of holes in the country (think I mentioned them to you after Corballis)

14 is a lovely par 3 down into the valley across a stream, 15 is a cracking par 5 with a tough approach, even if you try to play it as a sensible 3-shotter, with the water crashing off your right as you approach. 16 is a picturesque little par 3 with a little cottage tucked in behind the tee box & nothing but water between tee & green.

Enjoy it lads!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭benny79

Looking forward to this... We played it a couple of years ago its actually not that long off the green tees but it is bunker city .. There be plenty of bunker practice for everyone :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭Macker1

Looking forward to making this one. It was the Monty that we played a few years ago and correct it was bunker city.

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭tigerwood1

RoadRunner wrote: »
    Should be able to make this (Early tee suits best)
    Two in a row ? you must have got a nice pair of trousers for xmas:).
    Fast out of the traps again this season, l have already started polishing the trophy for ya:D.
    Great to see some new names joining, be nice to see some of the old boardies turning up for this one. Great course hav'nt played it since the layout change.

Count me in captain

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭eoghan104

eoghan104 wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

I would like to play this. I might not get to many other outings in but what is the cost to join the society?

Thanks
    Anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭dan_ep82

Anyone?

€30

Hi Guys,

Thanks
    Anyone?
    Hi eoghan if you go back there the original forum for 2018 all details are there .to join you need to send you’re details to Seve o b here on the forum. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,818 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

looking forward to this one.

just played it the once since the redesign and it was a long time before that since i had been around the track but it is always been one of my favourites

i personally think 10 is a bad choice for long drive, it is down a fairly big hill. i'll have to think about which i would choose. 18 might not be a bad call.

for nearest pin, both 14 and 16 are both brillant picks. 16 is a lot more straight forward of a hole, 14 will catch people out as there is a big drop in elevation. 14 be more fun i think.

actually 14 for NP and then 18 for LD are good choices IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,818 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Oh and one small request please guys, i see a lot of you are looking for early tee times, i don't mind when i go out, but have have requested early slots in the past as it gets very slow out there, ridiculously slow on occasion. the Corballis outing was to slow for the course, i know it was a bad day, but 4 hours is a slow round out there and i think we were closer to 5 by the time we finished.

so please, keep the pace up or else call the group behind through.

having said that, I may have 2 guests with me (previous sponsors to the society) and if they come they will most likely want to go out in the first group

I'm a speedster and won't be holding anyone up!!! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,336 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

When is last call for signing up for this ? Trying to arrange it, but wont know for sure till nearer the day

Advertisement