Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Healy Raes

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

You do know he's dead 10 years?
    Whats he up to by doing that :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Danny HR back in the news with a repeat of what Coveney is rightly calling " dangerous nonsense" by seeking to allow Kerry rural residents to drink and drive. breakingnews,ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

If you seen the contracts and sums awarded to the Healy Rae Plant hire business by Kerry Co Council your eyes would water.

ChikiChiki wrote: »
    If you seen the contracts and sums awarded to the Healy Rae Plant hire business by Kerry Co Council your eyes would water.
    Would the Healy Raes do the drainage ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

blinding wrote: »
    Would the Healy Raes do the drainage ?

Probably but they'd do a bad job of it so it would have to be done again after a few years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Dakota Dan

Graces7 wrote: »
    Danny HR back in the news with a repeat of what Coveney is rightly calling " dangerous nonsense" by seeking to allow Kerry rural residents to drink and drive. breakingnews,ie
    He said irresponsible nonsense. Just like how Coveney was an irresponsible minister in a few positions that he held. Danny is away with the birds though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,761 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

They should bring that halfwit into a room full of people whose loved ones have been killed by drunk drivers. Absolute bog trotting nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,685 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

I'm not sure what I find funniest.

The speech Healy Rae made.

The predictable reaction of the outraged.

Or the fact that the upset intellectuals can't see that this gombeen man is doing this to distract from votegate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Looking forward to them knocking on my door next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭liosnagceann75

They don't bother knocking on mine as they know the welcome they'll get.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,769 Mod ✭✭✭✭nuac

I had some sympathy for Jackie Healy Rae Senior - an old man set in this ways, some mental impairment no doubt setting in, global warming wasn't confirmed during the majority of his life, probably didn't finish second level education, against establishment D4 types who didn't understand Kerry, you know I get it, I'm from a farming background myself.

But Michael Healy Rae has no excuses. I feel like he's selling a con, particularly to supporters of Jackie Healy Rae who see him as a continuation. There's no way Michael Healy Rae could be that irrational about climate change, drink driving, etc.

I knew Jackie HR for many years. Always as sharp as a razor, no mental impairment

Don’t forget your Negligee or perhaps Fur Coat with no knicks .

• Registered Users Posts: 10,699 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Straight in for tae and sweet cake?

Dakota Dan wrote: »
    He said irresponsible nonsense. Just like how Coveney was an irresponsible minister in a few positions that he held. Danny is away with the birds though.

And "dangerous" AND irresponsible. As it is as many there will take it as law as dear Danny said so.

Danny's dangerous behaviour could cost lives of innocent folk.

Old man neighbour when I lived in Kerry used to hide in his shed if they came round . Locked his gate and put up a large NO ENTRY sign., I agreed with him

• Registered Users Posts: 15,279 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

This latest craic about drink driving permits is pure deflection and distraction from the huge expenses they get and the fobbing in and out issue

Danny in particular puts on this “man down from the mountains” routine in the media

Have you ever met and spoken to him in real life?

He’s extremely well spoken - perhaps similar to Francis Brennan’s brother if you know of him - or dick spring perhaps.

This whole “im out fighting for rural ireland” is an act he puts on and god help us, he fools many with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,499 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

This latest craic about drink driving permits is pure deflection and distraction from the huge expenses they get and the fobbing in and out issue

It's not working. I'd almost forgotten about the fob contraversy until they started mouthing off.
    Danny in particular puts on this “man down from the mountains” routine in the media

He’s extremely well spoken - perhaps similar to Francis Brennan’s brother if you know of him - or dick spring perhaps.

This whole “im out fighting for rural ireland” is an act he puts on and god help us, he fools many with it.

Really???? I didn't know that, so it's all an act. Jaysus. What a shambles.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,279 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Yep. He’s very well spoken in private.

I actually will give a little more detail which is farcical - I met him as part of a lobby group for a voluntary association in a plush hotel very near Leinster House.

He actually was discussing some of the more luxurious items on the menu and what he fancied for lunch.

It was such a change from his “wild man of the mountains” public image I was taken aback.

The Healy Rae’s are no fools.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Don’t forget your Negligee or perhaps Fur Coat with no knicks .

Why..just...why?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Edgware

Surely you will buy "de book" for Christmas. Michael will call up and sign it "personally"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,914 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

When one of their nieces showed up here for the last election (Kerry Gaeltacht,) we novice Irish speakers, asked her in Irish, did she speak irish? Blank stare. We said (again in Irish) this is a Gaeltacht region, everyone speaks Irish here (o.k... far from the truth, but we were having some fun.) She left us a flyer and fecked off.

Our Irish is better now. We'll have different fun the next cycle.

That said, multiple neighbors have told us, if we need to get anything done planning-wise, contact Michael Healy-Rae. My one contact with him (not about planning, about that greyhound documentary), got me a prompt reply. Contacts with the other TD's didn't get me any reply. Other neighbors report the same - phone calls returned at 7:30 a.m., things like that.

I have hopes the offspring are less competent and get run out, but considering one is still under indictment for an assault charge and is likely to walk in order to take up his Council seat, I doubt it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,793 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

You obviously haven't or he put on one hell of an act when he met you.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

For all their faults the Healy Raes seem to be the Best TDs in the Dail .

I think that may say more about the other TDs than the Healy Raes .

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭partyguinness

Igotadose wrote: »

That said, multiple neighbors have told us, if we need to get anything done planning-wise, contact Michael Healy-Rae. My one contact with him (not about planning, about that greyhound documentary), got me a prompt reply. Contacts with the other TD's didn't get me any reply. Other neighbors report the same - phone calls returned at 7:30 a.m., things like that.

I have hopes the offspring are less competent and get run out, but considering one is still under indictment for an assault charge and is likely to walk in order to take up his Council seat, I doubt it.

This whole "Oh the helped getting our planning through" is a bit of a cod.

My friend who is a planner with a local authority says that TDs & Councillors will regularly seek updates on planning applications before the decision is made public. They know a few days in advance that the application has been successful but what they do then is ring the applicant making a big song and dance about all the work they did and to expect a favourable decision in a few days. In other words "I got it through for you."

The favourable decision was already made but sure they make themselves look like they have done mighty work on your behalf when nothing could be further from the truth....:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,793 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Igotadose wrote: »
    When one of their nieces showed up here for the last election (Kerry Gaeltacht,) we novice Irish speakers, asked her in Irish, did she speak irish? Blank stare. We said (again in Irish) this is a Gaeltacht region, everyone speaks Irish here (o.k... far from the truth, but we were having some fun.) She left us a flyer and fecked off.

Our Irish is better now. We'll have different fun the next cycle.

Em, as far as I know that's going to be dealt with in the District Court in Kerry not before a Grand Jury in America.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭tjhook

For all their faults the Healy Raes seem to be the Best TDs in the Dail .

Definitely not. But they could very well be the best local councillors in the Dáil.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭Bellview

Edgware wrote: »
    Surely you will buy "de book" for Christmas. Michael will call up and sign it "personally"

can they buy the book and claim it against expenses ... bit like the calendars and give them out for free outside mass/funerals

• Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

In fairness ...they rip the piss ..they are prolly on the make

But there is no malice in them.

Plus have you noticed they have the knack of getting attention and voter loyalty without being racist knobs?

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭Dual wheels

I thought they actually did quite well by their constituency from the sounds of it (building Kilgarvan road, providing for area etc). Irrespective of if you like them or not, surely that's showing democracy working?

Shane Ross on the other hand....

Yea I would have to agree, they serve their constituents better than any other flute in the Dáil, they advocate for rural Ireland, now, they are a pair of chancers and were swindling the expenses and Michael’s sons took illegal drugs and bet a man up, but I have a begrudging admiration for them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

What have they achieved for kerry though? in reality?

Drink drive permits??? Really ?

They are pretty in touch with what people actually care about though.

They see through to the irish soul.

I think we should make both sides happy ..provide 'drunk buses' and they can have a drink on board too.

Advertisement