Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Heidenfeld Trophy 2017/2018

• 15-09-2017 1:07pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,163 Mod ✭✭✭✭

All relevant discussions here thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭flipsake

Bray 3-5 Inchicore

The word from the west is:
    Ballinasloe 3.5-4.5 Phibsboro

• Registered Users Posts: 17 JohnDelaney

Lucan 0-8 Blanchardstown

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭pawntof4

Dun Loaghaire 2.5 - 5.5 Elm Mount

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭Rathminor

Rathmines A 3 Rathmines B 5

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 JohnDelaney

Please Note that Blanchardstown have moved premises. We now meet at Coolmine Community School. This is very close to Blanchardstown Shopping Centre (on a road behind the Draoicht.if bussing.

See www.blanchardstownchess.com for location details

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Razzen

Blanchardstown 5.5 - 2.5 Rathmines B

Rd 2: Inchicore 5.5 -1.5 Dun Laoghaire with 1 game to be played next week

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭pdemp

Rd1: Gonzaga 4.5 - 3.5 Celbridge, both teams using a number of subs.

My first game as captain, and now I feel sorry for all other captains. Some league rules need some overhaul/clarifications. Gonzaga hadn't declared their lower division teams before using subs in the Armstrong, so that meant they are autodeclared for the Armstrong team, an admin error on their part, which I advised their captain to sort out it with controller before we played to avoid chaos, as one of Armstrong subs was <1200 meaning no lower division team could have had a player rated more than 1350 [mind you that player still isn't showing as declared on lower team yet, but that could just be waiting approval]. Waiting until after the game and making a claim would have been horrible for the number of young players there, and I only read the rules in full as I was freaking about the rules for subs for my team as we will only have enough players after December, so the admin oversight is easy to make.

And then on board 2 neither player was aware that you had to record at all times in Fischer time controls, and while our player did record, neither I or Gonzaga's captain for the night were sure if a captain can point it out in the absence of an arbiter [final round games only]. With the penalty for interfering in a game are far greater than the loss of one point I just let it go, to check with controller before the next game. Having read the rules again today, I don't think there's a point to making an appeal as it wasn't raised by our player during the game.

Section 12 of the FIDE competition rules "Team Captain's Role in Team competitions" aren't really relevant for the Leinster leagues, as they all involve contact via an arbiter, so we may need to clarify them in the LCU league rules.

Rd 2: Celbridge 4.5 - 3.5 Lucan.

Never much between us and Lucan when we meet.

• Advertisement

Rathmines B 4.5 Celbridge 3.5

Gonzaga 4.5-2.5 Inchicore
    Gonzaga had one default.

Inchicore 5.5 - 2.5 Lucan last night.
    A late night. Some tough games. Lucan were missing 2 of their top 3 boards so we were lucky enough.

Celbridge 3 - 5 Blanchardstown. Blanch look good for an immediate return to Armstrong.

Rathmines B 3.5 - 4.5 Inchicore
    Lucan 6 - 2 Phibsboro

Arguably a bit of an opportunity missed by Inchicore to challenge the big 3.
    Lucan on the comeback trail! They won’t be easy opposition for the 2nd half of the season.

Celbridge 6 - 1 Rathmines A. Rathmines defaulted on board 1 and conceded a walkover on board 8.

Inchicore 3.5-4.5 Blanchardstown

Rathmines A 2.5 Dun Laoghaire 5.5
    Phibsboro 4 Rathmines B 4

Elm Mount 5.5 Rathmines A 2.5

Celbridge 3-5 Inchicore
    A very late night in Clane!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Retd.LoyolaCpt

I hear there was a bit of a shock between Phibsboro and Blanchardstown.
    4.5-2.5 to Phibsboro with one game to be played.

Lucan 5-3 Bray/Greystones. Decent win for Lucan and means there's 5 points separating the bottom 7. Ballinasloe have a chance to get out of that group today with a win today.

Rathmines B 1 Ballinasloe 7

Gonzagga 4.5 - 3.5 Dun Laoghaire

Inchicore 2.5-5.5 Elm Mount
    Well done to Elm Mount. Keeps the 3 horse race at the top very interesting!

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭webwayz

Phibsboro 5 -3 Celbridge

Dun Laoghaire 4 - 4 Lucan

Bray 4 Rathmines B 4

We let some strong positions slip and Bray battled back very well to get a deserved draw.

Rathmines A 4 Gonzaga 4
    Very tight now at both ends of the table

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭webwayz

Blanchardstown 6.5 - 1.5 Bray/Greystones

• Advertisement

Rathmines B 2 - 6 Dun Laoghaire

Advertisement