Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2017-21 help to buy scheme - megathread. All help to buy discussion here please

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32 yvonne.joy.3

on a joint mortgage the HTB has to be joint as well, so if one of the applicants isn't a FTB then there's no FTB grant.

And let's say I can use four years for one of the applicants and then just one year for the other? Myself alone have paid enough tax and more to cover the amount of the deposit that we require so wouldn't need his full four years to claim it?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,555 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

the max years you can use is 4 years anyways, if you've paid enough tax to cover the 5% (or 20k max) then you'll be grand but he'll have to submit his p12's anyways

• Registered Users Posts: 48 AnthonyOD1987

Question for people who have uploaded signed contracts and loan offer doc's to HTB portal, how long on average to revenue take to approve the documents? is the payment to the builder quick?

the max years you can use is 4 years anyways, if you've paid enough tax to cover the 5% (or 20k max) then you'll be grand but he'll have to submit his p12's anyways

Yes I understand the max years is 4, so let's say could I do 2018, 2017,2016 &2015 for myself and then just 2018 for him or would I have to do the same years for both?

Yes I understand the max years is 4, so let's say could I do 2018, 2017,2016 &2015 for myself and then just 2018 for him or would I have to do the same years for both?

I’m not 100% but I’d guess same years for him. It think you’re pooled together so it won’t really matter. I’m open to correction on this though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

Has to be all 4 years for both. If your tax alone is more than 20k then there's no reason not to add all his years unless you're trying to hide something?

Has to be all 4 years for both. If your tax alone is more than 20k then there's no reason not to add all his years unless you're trying to hide something?

What is it is he has an underpayment from previous years that is being recouped threw his credits at the moment but it won't be fully repaid until October.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

I really doubt that would cause any problems. They're not going to penalise you for an underpayment.

Edit: Turns out I'm wrong, poster below has directly experienced this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭Brian201888

They won't proceed until the underpayment is cleared, had the same thing regarding a few hundred quid from 2 years back

Just paid the underpayment by card and then was grand

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭Mickiemcfist

Does anyone know if there's any plan to replace the HTB after 2019? Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 Bbinfo

jesonnn wrote: »
    Check the status at your My enquiries at revenue.ie, you should see the expiration date. Usually it gives you for half of year, so I would assume it is expired and you need to apply once again, but if you provided the contract to revenue I would assume builder got it already. If you are saying that claim has been submitted, the builder had had the money and no issue. I would ask that of builder via your solicitor.

I’ve heard a lot of people talk about expiry date- I didn’t have one.... turns out I was right once it’s gone to pending claim stage- the builder can request it at any point and it didn’t expiry at change in the year!!! Thankfully! It’s since been requested by builder now so refund will issue in next few days.... so it’s definitely all good!

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Bbinfo

Does anyone know does the Application expiry date mean you have to submit your Application before that date or the Application and Claim must be completed before that date?

My Application is due to expire end of March, I hope to submit Application with contracts+loan offer next week, will that leave enough time for Application and Claim to be completed before end of March or as long as the Application is done by end of March it will be fine.

Get your docs up and get to claim stage- once your at claim stage there is no expiry- I’ve literally been through this worry.... if you don’t get to claim pending stage by end of the month you will have to reapply

• Closed Accounts Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Phileas Frog

Does anyone know if there's any plan to replace the HTB after 2019? Thanks

None yet, but once contracts have been signed in 2019 then you're OK.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Jellapino15

Apologies if this is a silly question, it's all so new to me. I'm trying to proceed with claiming my HTB but next step involves uploading the mortgage contract with the lender. I have not received my loan pack yet as awaiting valuation, it's a new build. Would the original letter of loan be accepted or is the contact different to this?

Also any idea how long a claim takes, roughly, once submitted?

Apologies if this is a silly question, it's all so new to me. I'm trying to proceed with claiming my HTB but next step involves uploading the mortgage contract with the lender. I have not received my loan pack yet as awaiting valuation, it's a new build. Would the original letter of loan be accepted or is the contact different to this?

Also any idea how long a claim takes, roughly, once submitted?

Original letter is not what they want. They want a copy of the contract that’s drawn up for you and the builders solicitors, it’s the it needs to show wet signatures (in pen) by the builders solicitor and you.

After this stage it took 7-10 days for the builder’s solicitor to ask for the code you get after uploading contract and then I didn’t hear a peep afterwards (assuming that as soon as they asked for code they went to claim).

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Natashaw88x

What is it is he has an underpayment from previous years that is being recouped threw his credits at the moment but it won't be fully repaid until October.

I’ve only used 2015, as I’m still awaiting p21’s for 16,17,18 due to a refund that’s been pulled for checking. We used 4 years for my partner. Our application has been approved

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Jayred

Wonder can anyone help..we have paid deposit on a new build house and HTB grant has been
    Claimed by contractor. The HTB grand was 5% of our deposit. We were told house would be ready by end of May but now he is telling us will be sept which I know will turn into nov/Dec. We have to be out of our rented accommodation at end of May and have enrolled daughter in school where new house is. Developer mentioned that another house in same street will
    Be ready in June. Bit more expensive but managed to get extra mortgage. Revenue told me the contractor can pay back original grant and claim the new amount which has already been adjusted online to the new refund I am due. However I don’t think developer wants to play ball even.I’m annoyed as he won’t answer and calls or texts. Has anyone else been in similar situation where they wanted to switch house in same development?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

Jayred wrote: »
    Wonder can anyone help..we have paid deposit on a new build house and HTB grant has been
    Claimed by contractor. The HTB grand was 5% of our deposit. We were told house would be ready by end of May but now he is telling us will be sept which I know will turn into nov/Dec. We have to be out of our rented accommodation at end of May and have enrolled daughter in school where new house is. Developer mentioned that another house in same street will
    Be ready in June. Bit more expensive but managed to get extra mortgage. Revenue told me the contractor can pay back original grant and claim the new amount which has already been adjusted online to the new refund I am due. However I don’t think developer wants to play ball even.I’m annoyed as he won’t answer and calls or texts. Has anyone else been in similar situation where they wanted to switch house in same development?

There will be a charge on that property until such time that they pay it back. That can be a problem for the bank who want first charge. I'd walk from this. Extremely messy. Developer sounds like a right chancer.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Maryvind

Hi I really hope someone can answer this... 2 people applying for HTB. Do both people have to select the same 4 years. For example can I select 3 years and partner selects 4? (I have only been back working in ireland for last 3 years) thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

Maryvind wrote: »
    Hi I really hope someone can answer this... 2 people applying for HTB. Do both people have to select the same 4 years. For example can I select 3 years and partner selects 4? (I have only been back working in ireland for last 3 years) thank you

Yes, you can select 3 and your partner 4.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 Maryvind

Thank you myshirt. Another question I hope someone can answer. How does my partner accept confirmation of the group? Will he get a notification in his 'myrevenue'? Is that where he chooses his 4 years? Thank you

Maryvind wrote: »
    Thank you myshirt. Another question I hope someone can answer. How does my partner accept confirmation of the group? Will he get a notification in his 'myrevenue'? Is that where he chooses his 4 years? Thank you

Yes once you submit the the request, he should get the request, asking him to login and select the years he wants to use.

in fairness to revenue the whole process, is quick, efficient and probably the easiest part of buying!!

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Maxed-irl

Yes once you submit the the request, he should get the request, asking him to login and select the years he wants to use.

in fairness to revenue the whole process, is quick, efficient and probably the easiest part of buying!!

I agree the rest is a pain especially waiting to sign contracts

Maxed-irl wrote: »
    I agree the rest is a pain especially waiting to sign contracts

Its not just our contracts that are slow so!!

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Ismiseauds

Lynda_Ox wrote: »
    Hey!

I had this problem too. Myself and my partner applied last May and we’re approved so when we went to upload our contracts last week we had to reapply as it had lapsed..
    So when I applied from my partners account his form 12 and everything else went through within 24 hours, mine kept saying ‘form 12 not filed - 2018’... so i had filed it on the Tuesday and still had heard nothing up until yesterday when I finally got a pain in my neck after waiting over a week and rang them to be told that it was a problem on their side that they needed to approve my form 12 so that guy said I would be up and running by the end of the day.. so I got up this morning and there was still nothing so I rang again today and the new guy I got told me that whoever I was speaking to yesterday only approbed parts of my form 12 and not the whole lot and that it’s happened a number of times to people over the last couple of weeks..so now it’s finally telling me that I’ve been successfully added to a group :-)

However I’m still skeptical as under the ‘added successfully’ part, it says my partner is still awaiting membership confirmation.... so fingers crossed we’ll get somewhere soon.

With regards to the phone number, if you call this one
    *1890 33 34 25‬ and it says they’re too busy and hangs up, call this one instead *(01) 738 3636‬ you’ll get through on one of those line because it happened to me a number of times last week..

Best of luck :-)

Hi - I was looking at this thread as I am having a similar issue. I did a group application for myself and my husband and did the tax returns for last 4 years. I have been "successfully added" however his is still "awaiting confirmation" when we log onto his account its saying he hasn't done the returns for the last 4 years, however as i filed them jointly they are done, and he can even go in and view them and the status for his returns is "Submitted" however it doesn't seem to be linking our two accounts.

I have called numerous times this week and each time i am told someone will look into it for you, They also asked me to raise an enquiry under my enquiries which i have done.

Has anyone else had this problem and was there a work around? Anxious to get this application processed.

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭fungie

Do you have to use 4 years worth of tax returns? My partner and I are applying for help to buy. She was self employed for part of it but sorted her tax, however, on the website it says it's not cleared. Nobody in Revenue has been able to sort this.

Can she just use, for instance, 2 years and I use 2 years. This would easily cover the 20000?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

fungie wrote: »
    Do you have to use 4 years worth of tax returns? My partner and I are applying for help to buy. She was self employed for part of it but sorted her tax, however, on the website it says it's not cleared. Nobody in Revenue has been able to sort this.

Can she just use, for instance, 2 years and I use 2 years. This would easily cover the 20000?

You can choose 2 years. At the moment I have chosen 2 and my partner 3 and we got a quote.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Paschal99

We currently have approval and an access code, but it expires 31st March.

We're expecting contracts to come next week for a house, but we're worried we won't get to sign by the 31st (builder will claim 5% at signing of contracts).

How long is having to re-apply likely to delay us by?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,683 ✭✭✭masterboy123

I re-applied mine today after getting in touch with revenue. It took 3 minutes and it is valid now until 31 December 2019.

What you need to do:
    1. Cancel current application.
    2. Apply for HTB scheme and choose the same years as before. (for example I chose from 2014 till 2017).
    3. Got an email immediately from revenue and when I checked my revenue account 20,000 HTB has been approved with new application code and access code.

Hope this works for you too.
    Paschal99 wrote: »
    We currently have approval and an access code, but it expires 31st March.

We're expecting contracts to come next week for a house, but we're worried we won't get to sign by the 31st (builder will claim 5% at signing of contracts).

How long is having to re-apply likely to delay us by?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 MrsHegsy

Quick query, if claimed after drawdown can the rebate be paid directly to us? We just recently realized we were eligible for this! Thanks in advance!

Advertisement